SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JoanM

Re:

Knitefall and Madefree: Oh that the Bible Belt would gird up its loins with Truth.

BELIEVERS THAT ARE OF THEIR FATHER THE DEVIL:

John 8, particularly 8:28-59, is very helpful to me in understanding the difficulty in “the church”/mixed multitude today. There were Jews that believed in him as he spoke( 8:30), and here it is the very words of the cross that he spoke.

And to THESE believers he said, “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; ” By verse 59 “Then took they up stones to cast at him:” It seems to me that the same obstacles, laid out in verses 32-58 exist today.

For balance I remember: John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:; and I remember the difference between condemnation and conviction. Just as it is possible for the gospel not to be preached, and not to be heard with “Have you ever told a lie.”, it is possible for the gospel not to be preached/heard with “They need to be told the Love and Radically Free Grace of God Most High. That is what people pay attention to these days.”

I have added the truth in what Yorri Richards once said: “It is not that I have accepted Jesus as my Savior but that God has accepted Jesus as my Savior.” to the truth that “regeneration does not occur through decision-making.”

I appreciate reading this thread. Good things to think and pray on.

2011/1/6 12:55Profile
allensmith

2011/1/6 13:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

There are a lot of folks that do believe in Jesus Christ, and still living in sin. I know a lot of self righteous so called Christians, that if your not where they are in their walk, you have no hope, maybe a sheep in wolves clothing. We all are at different place in our walk, I would even say, there are probably a lot of folks living in sin, that want to change so bad it hurts, but it takes them a little longer, than maybe it did others, to come totally to Christ. I am so glad, Christ see's our hearts, unlike man, who only see's the surface, and is so ready to condemn. You know, I fell out of fellowship with Christ many,many times, before I finally gave in totally, most of us did the same, some remember, some forget. You said the ones that, smell like the world, act like the world, love the things the world loves, love the things God hates, think like the world, live like the world - but bless God, they confess to be Christian? Well I did the same thing, and you know what finally brought me around? I did keep confessing I was a Christian, and my confession is, what finally brought me to Christ. If I would have lived in the world and never make that confession, I really doubt I would were I am today. Remember, it takes all kinds, all ways, to get to Christ and stay there, and I think Paul and David would agree with me. God loves us all, and he knows we all have our own personal struggles, but he keeps working on us and loving us, and not condemning us because of where were at in our walk, now if we could only get man to act like Christ.

2011/1/6 13:17Profile

Re:

I believe Lisa hit it. Having lived for 10 yrs in the belt buckle of the bible belt, my first surprise on my arrival there was that almost "Everybody was saved" - but there was little or no difference between them and the rest. I also blame the OSAS teaching that most have received.

I see it even here and now - folks calling themselves Christians and yet No Change? - Still in dangerous sin after almost 30 yrs of exposer to Good Teaching on this site & elsewhere. What?

How can that help a struggling Saint that hasn't been in the 'church' anywhere's near that long, to have hope for their own struggles of just being young in Christ?
Nonsense!
I am so weary of hearing people 'blame GOD' for their lack of following Him and their lack of LOVING HIM - that has actually been the problem. Or not taking His Word Literally!

These past two weeks or so of reading such nonsense as "GOD has to do something" has taken all I've had for self-control to not post every verse mentioning OUR RESPONSIBILITY ... starting with - "LOVE the LORD your GOD with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength and love others as yourself, thus fulfilling all the Law and the prophets."
If anyone says that "they've tried that and it didn't work" -------- I call that one a liar against GOD and His WORD and His people and a "wolf", who will cause weaker/younger babes in Christ to Fall or to never see victory and that's what Satan will use these "GOD Accusers" for.

Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you,
and thereby many be defiled

Job 1:22 In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

Pro 30:32 If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay thine hand upon thy mouth.

If you can't be a witness to younger Christians - speaking faith to them from a place of victory - keep your mouth shut and go seek help first.

Sorry to be so sharp, but I've watched these non-victorious dullards & misfits take droves of Babes down with them.

2011/1/6 17:50
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Yea, there is a lot of folks that see the person on the street corner, that thinks he is ripping people off,and don't want to stop and help. I hope I never get to the point in my life to where, I condemn, or try to figure folks out, I hope I just continue to Love them and try my best to help them regardless, as God does. I know this is going to come as a shock to some, but some folks, they are literally lost, even some Christians. I guess Jesus would just walk by them and say, I am sick and tired of you, claiming to be a follower of mine, I give up on you, you have had long enough to get it together. See Jesus has no time lines, or three strikes and your out, only that we come, and thank God he "never" gives up on us, or develops an attitude, he just continues to Love us and help us, in our struggles, until we finally come completely to him. Time lines are man made, the only time line Jesus has, is that we come as long as we have breath, and thank God, because there is some that might take that long. Just because folks confess they are Christians, don't mean their not, some are still work in progress, yes even after 30 years.

2011/1/6 21:12Profile

Re:

I think you missed what I said about "GOD Accusers".

When a male or female comes on here with a Sincere struggle, I'll stand by them and have twice just yesterday and the day before... BUT - I have also seen those who's posts are blaming GOD and saying all manner of things Against GOD. You did not do that. You ended your post with a "confession" of faith.

There are Defilers entering the Church. They are accusing GOD and now accusing the brethren.
They are saying that Victory is NOT POSSIBLE.

Defilers WILL and always have come into the Church and Jude speaks of them very much as did Paul & Peter & Jesus.

They speak against GOD - they accuse the brethren with a broad brush - they cause the weak to stumble - and they defile the struggling.

It doesn't take a lot of discernment to tell the difference between a sincerely struggling person and what the Word describes in Jude (just for one) the whole chpt, ie, 1:16 "These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage." Or what Paul describes in 2 Tim 3 and for the sake of the young in Christ - I think it's about time that we got our Fatherly/Brotherly Love discernment going to protect them.

I don't believe that a person should be allowed to "blame GOD" - because all I see when that is done is what Jesus went through that day that He was tortured and horribly murdered.

We need to preach victory Brother BillPro and not constant weakness or else - who is being helped?

Even victory over 'temptation' is there for those who desire the "fulness of GOD".

Again - if a person is truly struggling - indeed, let us give him/her the Bread of Life = Jesus & His Word, but at the same time - let's realize that Jesus and His Apostles wrote about those who would enter in to defile and that hurts the sincerely struggling, with their words of accusation against GOD and Godly Christians - making the victory that Christ obtained for us seem unattainable.

2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God "keepeth himself" ... "and that wicked one toucheth him not."

2011/1/6 21:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy