Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
allensmith

2011/1/5 8:14Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: A sheep in wolf's clothing.

Well this fact puzzles many actually :) I think the real issue here isn't Sheep wearing wolves clothing but mistaken identity, or a wolf thinking he/she is a sheep. Many have false profession because they are lead to believe if they can say something or agree with a doctrine then they are born again believers. This has happened largely in the United States. Half-gospel being half-heartily responded to. Or to put it in a more biblical sense Matthew 15:8 “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

2011/1/5 8:41Profile
knitefall

the real issue

Yeah, seriously! In baton rouge, I have hardly "hit the streets" like I did daily in the UK and even somewhat on base in Ar. Now, if I were self religious I'd have to say I were a back slider! But God knows. Most everyone around here needs something different than, "Have you ever told a lie?" or "have you ever stole something..." ugh... They need to be told the Love and Radically Free Grace of God Most High. That is what people pay attention to these days. That can be done anywhere. In the stores, to waiters, barbers, friends, family, OTHER CHRISTIANS... etc.

Free Grace is what allows people the room to freely walk out from sin. Putting the pressure of condemnation will only generate a works mentality to "cover up" their bad deeds. It was never about deeds of good or bad. It's about a perfect Savior who willingly gave a perfect Righteousness. It pleases Him to give Good things to those who do not deserve them (sinners). He specializes in that thing you know?

2011/1/5 8:54Profile

Hi Allen, welcome to the American problem :( Your numbers are almost right on. Its in the middle 80% of this country that claim to be Christians. This is something Paul Washer addressed when he spoke to the Baptist youth convention several years ago. Also, people like Ravenhill believed, I believe, that the actual percentage of people who are Christians in America was in the single digits.

In Britain, it is much less complicated. You ask the majority of people there if they are Christians and they will say no. Less than 3% of people even go to church in Britain. In Scotland and Ireland and Wales, less that one quarter of one percent of the people are born again Christians. I would not call these people in America " wolves," I would simply call them false professors. This situation creates a different set of problems in America as how to reach the majority who believe themselves to already be in the faith..............brother Frank

2011/1/5 9:30

Re:

That's so true. I live in the UK, although I am not British. I have found 3 Christians at work so far and believe there are more, because we are an international bunch. All of these girls are asian and they have all said they were really surprised when they came here how few believed in God.

2011/1/5 10:06
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

Amen, this is a great problem everywhere. I live in the "Bible belt" (so they say, I'm not sure I believe them) and as I talk to people and try to deal with them about repentance and faith toward God they usually say something like: "Yeah, I've done that before." And you know they know nothing of the new birth. I go to church and see people walk the aisle, make a profession and disappear. You may see them in town once and awhile but you could never pick them out from the rest of the crowd, they go right back into their sin and show no love toward God.

Granted, this is not always the case, but it happens more often than not. Jesus did say "Strait is the gate and narrow is the way, and few there be that find it."

I think the only way to understand this problem is to study the Parable of the Sower in Matthew 13 (parallel in Luke 8).

Ultimately, we would have fewer false converts if the glorious Gospel of God was preached and not the cheap imitation that is offered today. It has always been that way historically, and continues to be that way.

Thank you for addressing this in this topic.

2011/1/5 10:39Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Allen,

Here is an excellent sermon on wolves by Carter Conlon. The sermon is aptly titled, “Wolves.”

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2158&commentView=itemComments

Now, about those 90% being wolves.... I do not believe they are all wolves; I believe the error lies in the teaching they received upon getting “saved;” saying “ONE” prayer when they were however old that they’ll always be saved now and that they’ll never have to worry about their soul again.

You understand too how hard it is to reach those that obviously need Jesus but yet they have all of Him and have no need saying a prayer again.

I have a really huge issue with ‘once saved always saved’ because those who teach that stuff DON’T REAP WHAT THEY ARE SOWING; and at the local jail, I am. I minister at the county women’s jail and before I pray with the ladies, I used to ask if they were saved (I don’t even bother anymore) because yes, 95% of them believes adamantly that she is saved and received everything she had need of in that “one” prayer. It’s the biggest, hugest heresy in the church today.

People are not going to quit teaching it, so I don’t know what the answer is. I’m praying for one though. The Lord did give me one thing to tell the girls, “It’s a lifestyle of repentance.” That is what I share with them.

God bless you,
Lisa

Disclaimer: These thoughts and opinions are my own, and not that of sermonindex.

2011/1/5 15:13Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: Sadly It is Goats in Sheeps Clothing we are talking about

One will not go far on this website before they listen to arhived sermons that speak of a time considered much less apostate than ours and hear the shocking percentages given by those pastors who speak low into the single digits of those who attend church yet are not truly born again. Decision without conversion if you will.

This obvioulsy, if we have been placed by God in this place and at this time as we have, is to be our mission field. We are to discern the times and address others when we are called to give an answer for the hope that He has placed within us. Only those with a true born again testimony will speak to such a deceived and hardened religious people. It may be the most difficult work to be done when it comes to the evangelism of this type of people. It will require considerable strength, prayer, and faith as they can be very wounding if you are not in the Spirit and you are working even slightly out of the flesh.

2011/1/5 15:15Profile

Re:

HI Lysa, you obviously see that even in jails we have a super high percentage of people believing themselves to be saved and yet there has been no change in their lives. I guess the bottom line is , do we believe what people say or do we believe what the Word says? If we are new creatures in Christ, if we can read 1st John, if we can believe it when the Scriptures say 1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals,
1Co 6:10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Then we know.

How did this illusion ever take hold in the first place? How can it be that such a vast majority of people are blinded? And, as the other brother said, this is the day and the age that we have been called to. It has to be addressed and when it is it can get ugly. Again I think about Paul Washer and his address to the teen convention on this very subject. Its not for the feint of heart. When you question the state of an indivdual, a church, a nation, then fireworks are sure to follow. The enemy that has lulled people into such a delusion, does not sit idly by and see his work undone. God bless you in your ministry in the jail...........brother Frank

Disclaimer: These thoughts and opinions are my own, and not that of sermonindex........ditto

2011/1/5 17:23
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Allen,

I worked at a CPC for 15 years, right in the heart of the Bible Belt, USA. Most of our clients were singles who came in for a free pregnancy test.

In our interview we asked them whether they are Christians. Rarely did any one say 'no'. They knew they were living a lifestyle of sin and some would freely admit that if they died at the moment they would go to hell. Others believed that God would grant them special favors and overlook their sin. A lot of them went to church. I asked them why they went. They always thought a while before answering and the reply always was they went because of the music. The music that was played is the modern Contemporary Christian music. They loved it but it did not evoke a repentant spirit.

Yes, there are wolves in the churches. Too many are sweeping sin under the carpet. If you want to really know how bad it is, just go to a Crises Pregnancy Center and do some volunteer counseling....while my post is general, implicating the person in the pew, I said nothing about those in leadership, did I?

Sad. Tragic.

ginnyrose

2011/1/6 6:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy