SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Book Recommendation: George Whitfield by Arnold Dallimore

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learjet

Book Recommendation: George Whitfield by Arnold Dallimore

George Whitfield by Arnold Dallimore

Thanks to all of you who recommended a good book on Hudson Taylor for me. In the Spirit of giving I thought that I would do the same.

If you want to read a really good book that details the life of a man who walked with Jesus, I would recommend this book. It's only about 200 pages long and at the end of it I really wanted to hear more.

The book is an biography of his life. It's especially interesting because he talks about George's relationship (warts and all) with John and Charles Wesley. It's an amazing book about what Jesus can do with a servant who is totally sold out to Him. Additionally, it details how he got kicked out of nearly every church in England and went to open air meetings after visiting widely successful open air meetings in Welshland that were carried out by Howell Harris.

I cried my eyes out at times while reading but caught on to the brokenness that George walked in, it's wonderful.

Peace my brothers and sisters!

In Christ,
Earl J

2011/1/4 19:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy