SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : A Testimony Of God's Grace - brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Testimony Of God's Grace - brother Greg

Dear saints,

I wanted to share a testimony of what the Lord has been doing in my life in past few months. I believe God has given me a clear vision that I have been striving in the flesh in ministry and my Christian walk over the past year plus. I have seen clearly that when flesh and self-effort, striving are mixed with God's grace in our life's then it is not acceptable to God.

To me, I was amazed as God showed me my heart how much I was clinging to my plans, my desires, my ideas, my ways of doing ministry, my need to do more at times, my work that I expected God to bless. This is the error of cain and others who gave God offerings but they were not 100% the way God prescribed. I believe this has been a gradual process and drifting in my walk with God and how thankful I am for God to show me this.

At first it was a time of lack of peace in my walk and then I thought it was just a valley experience and I needed to go through it was self-determined effort. But my response to even this desert time in my walk with God showed forth my heart and self that was alive and well in many ways.

A book in this process that helped me was "Classic Christianity by Bob George" , "Calvary Road by Roy Hession" and also "The Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor". I beieve God is setting me free from my striving and giving me somewhat of the rest hudson taylor had!

Glory to His Name. I want to glorify and let the Life of Christ dwell in me richly anything else is flesh, sweat and self. Oh brothers and sisters the grace of God is exceedingly precious to me. Grace is the only motivator to acceptable worship. No wonder I have felt under a cloud for the last year.

Right now already there is more a desire ever to give all for Jesus Christ, to suffer for His Name and to desire freedom from sin's that hurt and are against my precious Savior! My friends this is my testimony in short, this year plus has had failures, striving and a lack of peace but oh what rest now!

I trust this testimony will glorify Jesus Christ who our Christian life is lived. And perhaps it will help one of you brothers and sisters.

To live is Christ.

2011/1/3 17:23Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: A Testimony Of God's Grace - Greg Gordon

Thank you for sharing this dear brother. It is a wonderful reminder. God doesn't call us to quantity, He calls us to obedience.

2011/1/3 18:50Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Amen.

Obedience is better than sacrifice.

2011/1/3 19:55Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Thank you for your encouraging words.
"He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm."
Calvary Road and Hudson Taylor's book were life changing for me as well.
Another book that influenced my spiritual life was a book by Norman Grubb entitled "Rees Howells - Intercessor."

2011/1/3 21:17Profile

I think that is wonderful Greg; and let this conviction endure until it consumes you.

You do not need a reputation or position to be pleasing to God, and often these things will hinder your walk with God.

I think that every man or woman that God chooses and uses, MUST travel this road of "OH wretched man that I am!".....and I think that it must continue in our lives, until we truly become "No respecter of persons..[as God is..], and love God wholly, and unto the least of the brethren whoever that may be, as much as those we considered anointed.

Growing up in the Kingdom is really growing down...until we as Jesus, take the lower seat under every person created. Then we will have touched the humility necessary to carry His glory. This glory seldom rests in the pulpits of men.

It could be that God is leading you in this direction.

2011/1/4 6:23
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Amen!

I am learning that all God wants from his children is Praise! done out of a heart overflowing with Thanksgiving. And what are we thanking Him for? Is it not when we are yoked together with him, working alongside Him that we see his work which evokes a heart filled with awe and then praise?

It is a lifelong process the devil works to hinder at every turn.

Thanks for sharing, Greg - and I would suppose all of us can relate to this in one sense or another, either now or will in the future.

ginnyrose

2011/1/4 9:12Profile
dougr777

Our Heavenly Father leads us..,, Satan drives us. Thanks for sharing your heart with us brother.

God's grace and peace, Doug

2011/1/4 10:37Profile
CeaseNot

wow! how i can relate to this! Thank you so much for sharing. Im there now and it took awhile for the Lord to actually show me.. it was the lack of peace, yes, which caused me to stop and seek. its so amazing for you to mention Roy Hession's book because that is the exact book that the Lord brought my way! I need faith to wait upon Him for I NEED HIS REST! Oh God bless you brother for sharing, it truly was encouraging!

2011/1/4 11:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I need faith to wait upon Him for I NEED HIS REST! Oh God bless you brother for sharing, it truly was encouraging!

Amen brother me too! Also I wanted to encourage everyone 2 other small booklets that helped me during this time tremendously! "Seeing Him" and "Living In Balance" by K.P. Yohannan: http://www.gfa.org/store/journey-with-jesus/

2011/1/4 14:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy