Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : A little late introducing myself

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lastblast

Michigan

A little late introducing myself

Hello all,

I had a reminder from a moderator here that I had not introduced myself, so here I am. My name is Cindy. My background: I am married (16 years)to a GREAT man of God, have twins (10) and a teenage girl from Colombia. I started seeking the Lord after many rebellious years and came to know Him when I was in my mid twenties. Started out in charismatic churches and recently after much study found that the reformed mindset is what I now see as Truth. Thankfully, after MUCH disappointment looking for a biblically based church we found a church which, more or less, fits our current beliefs. I have been surfing the web for quite some years now finding fellowship on this site and that (Christian), but I am really excited to find SI(through one of your own). This place really appears to be one of grace as well as noncompromise. I am also very encouraged to see so many people who seek the deeper things of God and reject the "carnal/fleshly" things which have made their way into the professing Body of Christ today.

I have already been convicted a few times of my need to submit to His Will in certain areas of my life due to some of the posters here. I am thankful that the Lord uses his children to bear their hearts to one another and in that, we can see our own sins and repent. I am thankful for the transparency I've seen here. It is wonderful!! I look forward to reading, digesting, interacting at times and growing in HIM. Blessings in Jesus, Cindy

2004/11/9 20:09Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Welcome to SI

Welcome Sister Cindy to SI,

I have an aunt named Cindy. Welcome to SI. If there's anything we do to help you, feel free to ask.

2004/11/9 20:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Welcome to SI

Quote:
after MUCH disappointment looking for a biblically based church we found a church which, more or less, fits our current beliefs. I have been surfing the web for quite some years now finding fellowship on this site and that (Christian), but I am really excited to find SI(through one of your own).

Cindy God Bless you. Its so awesome the Lord led you here, its not by chance. Thats a great testimony of God leading into His truth. I have found it so hard to find a good balance church and I really think it depends on the individual church and more importantly the pastor. I have been blessed recently by the Calvary Chapel movement and I know some of their churches arent the best but alot of them are right on target. Here is a listing off all the ones in the USA:
http://calvarychapel.com/affiliates/

Have you listened to "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" by Paris Reidhead yet? sorry I had to ask. :-P

2004/11/9 20:31Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Thanks for the welcomes Sermon and Gideons!

Sermon, actually I don't think I was clear in my statement on finding a church. I meant a real literal church (a reformed based one), not an "online" one. I do however, look at SI as an online congregation in which the fellowship is rich and meaningful in that everything can be openly discussed and debated in a respectful way. That is the part which, unfortunately true, is not how it is with "real life" congregations, so that part fills a real need in me.

As for Calvary Chapels, I have heard they are exceptionally good churches, though I do disagree with their eschatology (they are pretrib) and I do believe they are also freewill proponents, (I'm an election/predestination proponent). One thing I do admire is how they teach and study the bible----line by line. They also seem to have an adversion to "religiousity" as I do. If I was a pretribber and "freewill", I definitely would check them out. Blessings, Cindy

2004/11/9 22:10Profile
moreofHim

Re: welcome

Hi Cindy!

I am so glad you are here. Can you believe it guys, someone that I actually know in the "flesh"- as "in person". I have so many wonderful friends from here that I have only met via the internet-and now someone here I know in person. :-)

ok, now that I am over that...

I have been attending the same church as Cindy. Her husband was actually the one to suggest it to us I think.

Cindy, I hope you will be blessed by all that SI has to offer. Like I always say, SI has great "food" and fellowship. :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/11/9 22:10Profile
Spitfire

Re: A little late introducing myself

Quote:
Started out in charismatic churches and recently after much study found that the reformed mindset is what I now see as Truth.

Hello Cindy. I'm so glad you've joined us! I feel the same as you. I still haven't found a church, yet. I had one, but it was a 40 minute drive and God has put a strong desire in me to stay within my own community. Blessings to you. Can't wait to hear what you have to share. Love, Dian.

2004/11/12 6:48Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re:

Hi Cindy, thanks for giving us more information about yourself! Praise God for your church fellowship. How cool you & Chanin are friends!

Mrs. Fred

2004/11/12 11:24Profile
kathleen1

Re: A little late introducing myself

Welcome, Cindy. I know you will find the spiritual sheep food excellent here. If you haven't checked out all the ministers, I highly recommend Teresa Conlon, Carter Conlon and David Wilkerson. The Holy Spirit has richly blessed and matured me and several in my church with their sermons. He always directs me where I need to hear the right word at the right time.
Glad to have you here, God bless!
Kathleen

2004/11/13 14:29Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Welcome Cindy! I share the feeling of finding a fellowship here on SI. It has been such a blessing!

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/11/13 15:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy