SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hudson Taylor book recommendation needed, please help if you can

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learjet

Hudson Taylor book recommendation needed, please help if you can

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

Can anyone recommend a good biography on Hudson Taylor's life and ministry?

It's a bit confusing over at Amazon and I figured that this would be the best place to get a recommendation :-)

Be Blessed!

Earl J.

2011/1/1 16:59Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re: Hudson Taylor book recommendation needed, please help if you can

the Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor by Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor.

You can also listen to an audio book about him online here :)

2011/1/1 17:04Profile

Re:

I agree with Ruthie, this is an awesome and profound book........brother Frank

2011/1/1 18:40
learjet

Re:

Thanks to both of you, I just ordered it and should receive it on Wednesday, really looking forward to it.

Blessings,
Earl J

2011/1/1 18:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

"Hudson Taylors Spiritual Secret'

This is a highly recommended book that I just read! What a blessing to see the obedience of this brother and primarily his hold on the Lord Jesus Christ and His Faithfulness!

Christianity is all about Christ not our self-effort.

2011/1/2 14:50Profile
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Re: Hudson Taylor book recommendation needed, please help if you can

There is a two-volume autobiography out there as well (Ravenhill always mentions it at the beginning of his 'Elijah' messages). I've not read it - I'm going through Spiritual Secret right now and it just referenced it - but I know you can order it from OMF (formally China Inland Mission) from their website for a good value. Last I checked, Amazon had the first volume "The Growth of a Soul", but not the second "The Growth of a Work of God".

I hope to read it in the future (I've got too too many books in possession to read at the moment). One who was very influenced by The Growth of a Soul was Isobel Kuhn, who I recommend as well if you like Taylor. Her books are also available from OMF.

I'll also add my voice to the others here and say get "Spiritual Secret". Though I'm not finished yet, it's a very good read (and easier than others).

2011/1/4 14:18Profile
Giggles

Re:

Good addition DJ; I was thinking of mentioning the two-volume set.

Also, if you really want to go deep, check out "A Flame of Sacred Love" by Norman Cliff. It's about the life of Benjamin Broomhall, "the man behind Hudson Taylor." He made happen the grand vision and passion of one Mr. Hudson Taylor, through orchestrating funding and sending missionaries from England. He never actually set foot in China, yet his story is one that makes you wonder if on God's scale, he actually did more than Taylor.

2011/1/4 19:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy