SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : In Consideration of America's Road Ahead by Mark S. Case

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 In Consideration of America's Road Ahead by Mark S. Case

America, highly favored among the nations

God raised up the United States as His primary instrument to affect the world at a time when all things are moving at an accelerated pace to the end of the age.

The last century has given way to an unprecedented expansion of evil throughout the earth, and there is no doubt that God raised up America as a standard for good against that evil. He has also used other nations for good, but none compared with the United States. It is in perfect context that I apply the following scripture to illustrate this point precisely:

“So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west,and His glory from the rising of the sun;when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.” Isaiah 59:19 NKJV

Many scriptures have multiple meanings, and whether or not this one is speaking prophetically of the United States I do not know, but it does bear the marks of who God has called us to be. From the “west,” the Lord was “feared,” and “a standard” was “lifted up” “against (His) enemy” who has “come in like a flood” in these last days! This is not to imply, by any means, that America’s people are good and that the people of other nations are evil. It is to say however, that the foundation upon which America was laid enables her to produce a God-fearing people of moral stature and ethical conscience — a people of intelligent ingenuity and endless inspiration; a people of compassionate nature and great generosity; and a people of evangelical motivation with the financial wherewithal to bless the whole world for His name’s sake. America’s financial wealth is particularly important in God’s plan, especially at a time when His church is so dependent on natural resources to sustain her own life, and to share His life with others – weak spiritually, strong financially.

Still a temporal, secular nation

But even with all this, America is still a secular nation and temporary. Her destiny, like all other nations, is based upon the timetable of God. He is going to shake not only all other kingdoms of the world, but also America. Nothing will alter this fact.

“…but now He has promised, saying,‘Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.’ Now this, ‘Yet once more,’ indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire.” Hebrews 12:26b-29 NKJV

One of the most important workings on God’s timetable right now is to prepare a spotless and glorious church to meet His soon-coming Son, Jesus Christ. All that we seek should be aligned with this fact. While it is commendable and in obedience with God’s command to pray for a restoration of righteousness in America, God has made clear that His eye is on His people, and that He wants to bring them into alignment with Him first, above all else.

What kind of revival to expect

I believe there is a revival coming to America, and it is important that we pray for it, but it is not a revival of restored material wealth, for God cannot perfect His people in that environment (James 1:2-4, I Peter 1:6-9). Remember, the time has come on God’s timetable when He will prepare His people for the coming of His Son. Our being overwhelmed with an increasing abundance of material things is not conducive to real repentance resulting in real righteousness – the only way to real revival. It is conducive to the flesh, however. Unfortunately, many believers desire prosperity for this very reason.

The refiner’s fire is painful news to those believers who still love the flesh and walk in it, but it is welcomed news to the men and women who are pleased to die to the flesh and to make way for the fullness of His Spirit. God’s call has never changed.

“‘If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.’” Luke 9:23-24 NKJV

Remember, dying daily does not mean defeat daily. It means resurrection power daily – His life and His power raised in and through us! This is why He must bring us to a place of total dependency on Him. He is going to bring about circumstances so that His people truly have no choice but to die to self, enabling us to be raised to His resurrection power and glory! When we fail to respond correctly by His bountiful goodness, He permits hardship.

The Bible makes clear that while faith comes by hearing, faith is perfected through trial. It is the testing of our faith that completes His work in us. The testing of our faith, is just beginning in America.

There is the growing by faith and there is the perfecting through faith (Rom. 10:17, James 1:2-4). For the last several decades, God’s people in America have been well informed about our need to increase our faith through the hearing of the Word. That is well and good, but God is about to test through trials all that faith that we have gained, so that we might be perfected, or made complete in the end.

He desires to bring every local church to the fullness of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:13-16). This can only come as the members of His body are made complete through the patience of tried faith unto the mature man – the fullness of Jesus Christ.

Many movements claim God’s way to revival

I believe that His mercy for America is still great and that He wants to revive His remnant here afresh and anew. But He has established prerequisites for that and without embracing them, real revival can never be realized. It is just that simple. There are many plans for bringing “revival” to America.

There are many movements around the country calling for it, each one claiming to have the answer. Some are from pure motives, and some are not – all of them use the scriptures to substantiate their plans, and many of them are re-enforced by dreams, visions, and prophecies, all claiming to be from God.

All man’s plans are useless and without hope if they are not in perfect agreement with what God has already shown us for spiritual awakening. All prophecies, visions, and dreams are false if they are not firmly supported by God’s absolute dictates for real revival, which are clearly spelled out in His Word. Please do not be deceived into following men and women in this late day when deception is our greatest threat (Matt. 24). And be careful of scripture that is no more than a codeword for justifying a movement. “Let God be true, and every man a liar.” If anyone, or even an angel (today, many are claiming to be led by angels) says that God will bring revival blessing without broken hearts above all else, he is either badly mistaken, deceived, or he could be a false prophet and a liar.

God is looking for His people to enact His plan. He has clearly told us exactly what we must do. Scripture is replete with the example so clearly set forth by His requirement for revival. For example:

“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” II Chron. 7:14 NKJV

There is only one way to true spiritual revival, and it is not complicated or expensive. It does not require that we gather in groups all over the country. It asks nothing that any one of us cannot do right where we are, from the least to the greatest, regardless of race or gender, religion or creed, or language. Again, real revival requires real repentance.

God is influenced by prayers of faith from pure hearts, but He has established some things that will not be altered. One of those things is His timetable for the most critical events in the earth, which includes the rise and fall of secular nations in this late hour.

Do not confuse the possibility of revival for America with that for Sodom and Gomorrah of old. We are not Sodom and Gomorrah – similar in a few ways, but far from it in ways relative to the times and seasons of God in the earth today. Do not confuse America’s situation with that of Nineveh, to whom Jonah preached, either. It could be that God would delay His judgment for America as He did with Nineveh, and that would seem great! But it will not be delayed for long if at all, since God’s timetable is set to “fold up the earth” very soon (Heb. 1:10-12).

We may use Biblical illustrations of intercession and repentance leading toward the salvation of people as examples of His ways, but we should not think that the end results in our time will be exactly as they were then. The overriding timetable of God should not be overlooked – something we have failed to understand and embrace.

Regardless of how much we gather, cry out, worship, praise, mourn or grown, declare and decree, preach or prophesy, none of this will bring real revival to anyone. Some of these may be a byproduct of real repentance, but none of them will have the slightest effect on moving God to action without real repentance. Our lips may cry out to Him, but if our hearts (revealed by those things that we can do) are far from Him, He will not revive us. Even the preaching of repentance will be ineffective if it is not truly acted upon by the hearers.

Finally, God loves His people, and He is going to build a spotless and glorious church, but it will not be done through self-appointed men or women, seeking to build their own kingdoms. It will not come through musicians reenacting twenty four hour worship “as David did.” It will not come through large gatherings of like-minded believers. It will not come through believer’s meetings designed to magnify the spectacular. All these movements will come and go as they always have. Widespread revival only comes through widespread repentance.

Time for a cry for mercy with real repentance

Now is the time that we should turn from our sinful ways as His people, asking for and receiving His forgiveness. We should also turn deaf ears to those who draw attention to themselves in His name. (This is an old method of the enemy designed to take our eyes off Jesus.) Now is the time to “buy” from Him, filling our lamps with Holy Spirit oil! Now is the time that we should embrace Him as He really is in holiness and righteousness, right where we are! Now is a time when we should bow in humility asking God to forgive us as a nation and to restore us holy, but more than that, we should prayerfully get ready for Him to “thoroughly purge His floor” (Matt.3:13).

Jesus said, “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!” Luke 12:49 So be it, Lord!

2010/12/31 15:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy