Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : THE HEAVENLY LIFE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

THE HEAVENLY LIFE

THE HEAVENLY LIFE
THE IMAGE
“And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.”(1Corinthians 15v45-49)
An Image is a representation of an object. There is a spiritual object, which affects the image or behavior we borne in our natural Life. Naturally, the behavior of the fallen adamic race is as a result of putting on the image of the sinful flesh, we inherited, from Adam in the fall. This fallen image is ultimately the kingdom of darkness, headed by Satan. In reality, Satan and His demons are on Chains of darkness; a realm of uneasiness, obsession and void of any true joy or rest.
“And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.”(jude 1:6).
This is the object of the Earthy. Because of the fall of Adam, Satan and his demons, have access to enter the souls, of the fallen adamic race. There possession within the soul reveals the earthly image we borne. When we borne the image of the earthy, we become subject to the Laws of the kingdom of darkness.
“And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.”(Ephesians 2:1-3).
As the Chains of darkness keep Satan and his demons out of the Heavenly Life, the same chains keep the unredeemed fallen Adamic race, out of the Heavenly Life. Only Christ, the Heavenly man, can free the fallen man from these chains, to possess the heavenly life.
“Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.” (Ephesians 4v8-10).
“ The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified” (Isaiah 61v1-3).
THE HEAVELY CALL IN BREAKING THE CHAINS OF DARKNESS
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof. (Romans13v14).
When the Initial, divine light of Christ, shone within the soul, and the soul turned to be possess by it within, every Chain of darkness breaks instantaneously. A part of the spiritual veil, which covers the two worlds (the Earthly and Heavenly world), becomes unveil. There is a measure of a possession and an inward revelation of the Heavenly man (Christ), in this initial stage.
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them”.(2corinthians 4: 3-4).
“But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away”. (1corinthians 3v 14-16).
In this pilgrim, of the illuminated soul from the Earthly to the Heavenly Life, Faith is the only substance that can keep it moving. Faith is a divine illumination, which comes by hearing the Word (the voice of Christ ) within the soul (Romans 10:17).
The breaking of the Chains in the initial stage does not mean, the soul is fully redeemed or save (matthew 24v13), (hebrews9v28).
The Battle will continue, as the power of darkness, will work to hinder the walk of the illuminated soul, through the unredeemed part within the soul. The unredeemed part, within the soul is the part within, were Unbelief dwells. In any unbelief, there is a dominion of darkness. Every outward or inward sin within is as a result of unbelief within the soul. In the Initial divine light, all the Chains of the outward gross sins are broken. As the soul progress more Chain become reveals. This time, they are Chains of inward sins within. It takes faith in the infinite Power of Christ to be delivered from these inward sins
“There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief”.( Hebrew4 :9-11).
The faith in Christ increases in magnitude, as more of the inward chain of the adamic self within, becomes broken. There can be no progress from unbelief to faith, without the coming of the Light of Christ. Unbelief reveals the power of darkness, and keeps the soul selfish, lustful, defensive, and prideful. Faith reveals the power of Christ, and keeps the soul humble, pure and holy.
At any point, the mind of the illuminated soul turned from heavenward to earthward, it will enter the dominion of unbelief. This is the kingdom of darkness, a place dominated by all foul and evil spirits. The mind is captured by what the natural eye see, rather than the heavenly image. As long as Satan keeps the mind of the illuminated soul in this realm, it loses the hope of deliverance from the inward chains. No hope of deliverance from inward chains of lust, anger, pride, unforgiveness, impatience etc.

DIVINE PROGRESS THROUGH STILLNESS AND PATIENCE
“And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come”.(Mark4v26-29).
If the illuminated soul will keep moving heavenward, it must learn the lesson of divine stillness or Patience. The inward Chains within becomes reveal, as the Lord permit the soul to encounter circumstances and challenges that will reveals, it weakness.
The illuminated soul can only exercise divine stillness, when the LORD permits it to face challenges and tragedies, without giving it an understanding, of the cause of the problem. In this, the soul is brought to a night of darkness; spiritual speaking. The naturally senses of the body becomes afflicted, yet the hidden work within the souls continues. When there is a total surrendered of the natural senses, after many periods of trying to know or solve the situation through natural means, it builds the fruits of patience within the soul.
“Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing”.(James1:3-4).
Faith works along with patience. Patience is the divine energy within the soul, which empowers it to be still and wait for a higher coming of the divine Light of Christ, amidst many tribulations.
“And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ”.(2Thessalonians 3v5).
The grace of patience to endure afflictions, trials and temptations reveals how much of the heavenly image we borne. The more of the divine heavenly Life within the soul, the greater will be the trials for a greater possession of the Heavenly Image.
To some immature soul’s mere hunger, rejection, loneliness, sickness, criticism, etc can easily divert their mind from the Heavenly walk. The LORD does not directly bring them to such severe trials, but a little or lesser trials, with a lot of comfort to keep them moving. Yet if they are to grow in partaking more of the heavenly Life, it will take an increase in the intensity of trials. Trials reveals the chains of weakness within the soul, and weakness reveal the power of Christ.
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong”. (1Corinthians 12 : 9-10).
THE PROGRESSIVE GROWTH TROUGH DEATH AND DIVINE COMFORT
The LORD allows the illuminated soul to experience painful period of death in the body, so that HIS divine life can possess the soul. Any area within the soul which is not subjected to death can not be possessed, by the divine Life. Any thing or situation which causes the soul to lose Patience, love, joy, peace etc is an area within, which is not subject to death. It takes Faith (an inward revelation within the soul) to die to self. The more the soul sees a revelation of the divine power, the more it easily dies to self. When the soul feel the presence of the Creator within, it loses the desires to be anything but to humbly walk with the Creator. The feeling of the presence of the Creator within comes through divine consolation and comfort.
It takes divine consolation to deliver the soul from any hopeless situation it finds it self, in the natural or spiritual. It could either be battling with an inward sin or an affliction of the natural senses through painful circumstances. When the soul comes to an end of its own natural industry, and wait in patience for the Power of Christ, divine grace will be supply within it to raise it above its weakness. This produces a measure of faith within the soul, with the fruits of patience and endurance in further trials. The illuminated soul becomes an encourager of fellow seekers who are not yet skilled in the Heavenly ways.
“Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation. For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us” (1corinthians 1v1-10). What a tremendous clear picture of the working of death and divine consolation from the scripture above.
It takes experienced, for the soul to realize that every suffering, affliction, or trials are a path leading to a higher heavenly life.
“ Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn (death), and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up (divine consolation).
After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight (possessing the Heavenly Life). Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth (Divine consolation within the soul)”. (Hosea 6v1-3).
james f jarjou

2010/12/28 21:42Profile
foofee

Re: THE HEAVENLY LIFE

This is my second time coming to this site. My first time was last night, and this site and the content thereof is a blessing to me. Which is why I am posting a comment on this entry. I am so thankful for this particular post because I have been dealing with A LOT lately since giving my life back to God a couple of months ago after going through what felt like hell on earth! Things in regards to my walk is different for me now than they have ever been. I DESIRE to please God, and become just like His son Jesus. Lately, I have been so discouraged because when I made the decision to give my life back to God, He delivered me up out of some things that held me captive, such as sexual sins, drugs, and drinking. I am very thankful to God for that, but now I feel that I am at war internally, and it is causing me to feel hopeless in my walk as if I will never be loosed from these things that I feel are holding me bound.

I have thoughts and imaginations that I don't want to have, but at times find myself not being able to control and therefore find myself repenting asking for God's forgiveness constantly all the while feeling like a failure in my walk. I've been praying, I have even fasted over it and at times I feel that things have gotten better because I will go a few days without any problems internally and then all of a sudden, the thoughts and imaginations appear which leads me to a state of depression, and hopelessness to the point of wanting to just throw in the towel feeling as if God has forsaken me, or maybe while I was yet dealing with my external sins... maybe I did too much and it is too late for me. I keep telling myself that God has not brought me this far to leave me not, and that He'll never leave me, nor forsake me, but sometimes it is hard.

So, I thank you for this posting because it does shed some light into my situation as I continue to pray and trust that God will finish the work He started in me.

Thank you,

Felicia

2010/12/29 0:08Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re: THE HEAVENLY LIFE

Felicia, God keep you as you honestly desire HIM. You experience is common to every seeker expecially in the initial stage. At the first stage of forsaken the external sins , you must experience an inward battle within, in lust and unesyness. Freedom from inward sins takes a higher grace and power of Christ within as you read from the article. No eartly language can fully explain to you the work of Faith which purify the mind from inward sins. Faith is a hearing of the voice of Christ within. Prayer is not only an asking of petition, to be kept pure but a period when the soul can recieve inward teaching and direction from Christ. There are many things which can enegies the power of lust. As you spent communion with Christ, the spirit will teach you to forsake many things which are lawful but not helpful for your spiritual growth. It is a process and it takes patience as you execise spritual execise like prayer and fasting. The promise is if you desire righteuosness the LORD of the heaven who knows your desire will fell you with the heavenly life from grace to grace and faith. Endure trial and temptation in ceasing from the dictate of the mind during such period and the divine light will keep signing within your soul freeing you from all your fears.

2010/12/29 0:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy