SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What does the bible say about apostles.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Summation

My original intent for posting about this was because I was really concerned that valid biblical roles/responsibilities within the church universal may be written off because of excesses. It is the entire bible, available to all the church. Even if there are some/many who have taken a restored truth to an unbiblical extreme.

This is one of the best sites that I have ever come across, where the undoubted heart is ‘Oh God rend the heavens.’ But to have the heart and the passion without a viable wineskin pliable enough to accommodate what God is pouring in is heartbreaking. Its like there has been such bad models of leadership (exercising of authourity) that any trappings of it is seen as a major hnderance to God moving in power, when it is together they operate, not, either or.

To see his wine spilt on the ground from broken wineskins that are inflexible (Matt 9:16,17) is an indictment against our tendency to build alters and dogmas, to people and things, which represented only a fraction of Gods complete will for the church. The emphasis is not holiness, revival, tongues, healing, prophecy, evangelism or any other truth we hold dear. The Emphasis is Jesus Christ, In the fullness of the truth which/whom his is.

In the context of what I am posting, know one on the NCMI team would claim that we are it, that we have arrived, but merely a part of what God is doing around the world in fulfilling his great commission to his church through his Church. Paul encouraged the believes ‘to follow me as I follow Christ.’ It is that simple with NCMI. Following is not forced, you can’t drive sheep, you lead them. I use NCMI as my unit of measurement because that is the only Apostolic/Prophetic team that I am intimately acquainted with. This is by no means a public relations stunt, but an attempt to show that there are valid expressions of the five-fold ministry which operate in the context in which God originally ordained them. There are others, like NFI (New Frontiers International) and I am sure there are many more. God is not an exclusive God he is very much Inclusive. ‘Whosoever will call on the Lord.’

[b]We proclaim him,[/b] admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that [b]we may present everyone perfect in Christ.[/b] 29To this end [b]I labor,[/b] struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me. Col 1:28,29

2004/11/11 15:01Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi ZekeO
I hear your heart here and my own longings for a supple wineskin of God's ordering have haunted me for over 40 years.

Quote:
Following is not forced, you can’t drive sheep, you lead them.

Just one last little tease...[b]Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, even [u]from following the sheep[/u], that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel:[/b] (1Ch 17:7 KJV)

Quote:
This is by no means a public relations stunt...

I think the spirit of your posts make it clear that this would not be your motive. I don't advocate our 'pattern' either although we seek to be biblebased. Some time ago a brother spent some time with us in the church here. He commented "I have seen lots of churches where the church trusted the elders, but this is the first church I've seen where the elders trusted the church". It isn't always so, but it remains our aim. You certainly must never drive them but sometimes the best way of leading is by following the flock.

2004/11/11 16:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy