SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What gospel was preached?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lesserlight

Re:

Hello Lysa

Can you show me anywhere today where we see the power of he Apostles being present given evidence through the signs following them?

The Apostles had the mind of Christ therefore they did the works of Christ including raising the dead.......... How many times have you heard of the dead being raised?. There are a couple of instances of the dead being raised as well as of others dying because of their false accusations against the truth. However the saints involved at this level of faith that have also healed others others and rebuked demons can be counted on one hand with fingers left over. In both of instances that I am aware of there was an anointing far above that of Pentecost.

The mind of Christ has all knowledge of the things of God as well as forgiving all others of sins including that of their own killers....... The mind of Christ does not come without much persecution that I dare say is certainly not yet happening against the church as a whole (let alone at all in western countries)

The Apostles walked in a level of faith that we do not see consequently Jude admonishes todays church to contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints....... why do you think he did that if everything was the same with as it was with the Apostles?..... please address that question directly!

Dear Sis...... faith is a noun that produces a verb in its own image and those of great faith such as the Apostles produced great works or said better, God produced works through them that He does not do through others..... at least not other than the two that I know of and even with them it is not a daily occurrence unlike the Apostles whose shadow passing over the sick healed them of many diseases. Faith is not something that you gain but is given to you..... at least not the faith of God that like the seed that is Christ is also a seed in you and is taught as such by Jesus........ yet todays church has the audacity to think that faith is theirs and it is up to them to see it increase.

We still have not seen the times of greater works that will go hand in hand when we will see not just the fulfillment of Pentecost in the Saints but also the Feast of Tabernacles when the saintsl fulfill the ministry that the Apostles were a prophecy of.

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/27 11:17Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Who's Faith? Who's Seed? His: Amen

Galatians 2:16-21 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

In Christ: Phillip; by His Faith and The Father's Seed, which is Christ in you.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Phillip

2010/12/27 12:18Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Quote:
Who's Faith? Who's Seed? His: Amen

Amen again

That is a lot said in very few words

Hard to add to that yet there is a verse by Paul that comes to mind

Hebrews 6:7
For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God;

Did Paul have just any herb in mind ?

I do not think so and was looking as the same herb that Jesus spoke of that would become greater than the others in the garden

Matthew 13:31
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field

Mark 4:30And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?

31It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

32But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

33And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.

Blessings to you

Doug

2010/12/27 16:26Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

We are an Holy Temple unto the Lord, our fleshly bodies quickened to be able to contain the Spirit of the Living God and the Spirit of Christ making their abode with us and Christ baptizing us with and into the Holy Spirit. WE cannot loose the Spirit that is birthed in us by the Father, I will not be aborted. He who has begun a good work in me will finish it. Finally when we are resurrected into our Heavenly Flesh and bond body like His we will be with The Heavenly forever and learning Christ forever.

Quote: ""Hebrews 6:7
For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God;""

This scripture I always thought was out of character and out of place but now I see it continuity and blending of the "Believer" with the Son and the Father taught by the Holy Spirit baptized by Jesus Christ in us.

Thank you for this statement: "Did Paul have just any herb in mind ?

The fruit of all that God has accomplished in us by the the Spirit of Christ, His mind, His life, His all in all.

By His Spirit we are herb fruit of His working in us diligently.

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

We are saved, being saved and will be saved; Amen

2 Corinthians 1:19-22 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. For all the promises of God in him are yea, ((((((((and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.))))))))) (amazing); Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/12/28 0:25Profile
theGoodNews

Re: What gospel was preached?

DessertRose,

A while back you asked a question what gospel was Jesus preaching throughout the whole world when he was here on earth. Many people answered that question that he was preaching the good news of GODs kingdom. You might be surprised to know that this very message is still preached throughout the world in our day as well just as it was in Jesus' day and just as he did, going from door to door. The good news of GODs kingdom was the utmost importance to Jesus. In the scriptures in Mark 1:32-39 we see that because of this message, Jesus could barely rest. And after healing people all night long, early in the morning he told his disciples that we should leave to another town so that he can "preach" for this is the "whole" purpose that I have gone out.
Unfortunately preaching just in one location does not cut it. Although very convenient for us, that is not what Jesus did. Just as Jesus taught from door to door, we also should be doing the same "preaching the Gospel and the kingdom of GOD". Its exciting though because after all, we have an opportunity to be part of the very work that Jesus Christ himself was a part of before this "Kingdom of God" comes to the earth. Do you want to join it? Anyone is welcome to let me know if you want more information.

2012/2/24 8:15Profile
Sree

Mark 6-12:-
They went out and preached that people should repent. They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.

Just in case if someone has not posted it. Mark Gospel speaks of what they preached. They preached about repentance. They said Repent the kingdom of God is near. Repentance is the very first message of Gospel. John the baptist preached the same and so did Jesus. Before someone accepts Jesus in their life they need to repent of their past life else they can never be born again.

2012/2/24 9:57Profile

Quote:
Christ death and resurrection had not yet taken place.So what was the gospel they preached?

John the baptist was the Elijah that would come to prepare the way of the Lord. Once Jesus came, John's light diminished and Christ became the centre of attention in terms of being the light of the world (the world being Israel).

The message that John preached was repentance. His message was to turn the heart of the fathers to the children and vice versa. In other words, his message was to remind them of the covenant that God made unto the fathers because the Son of God was about to enter the scene. Repent in this case was to turn away from whatever they were believing and turn back to the covenant that was made unto the fathers.

The message that Jesus and His disciples preached was repentance with more emphasis to the kingdom of God being close at hand. The gospel was the good news that hope had arrived.

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

"Believe the Gospel" means to believe that the covenant that God made with Abraham and the fathers is standing there in the midst of them.

John 8:24 ......for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.

2012/2/24 12:24
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: rufnrust

Quote:
rufnrust wrote:
Unfortunately many have adjusted their theology to fit their experience of few if any signs and wonders. Then you will be delivered up to the "Counsel" to explain yourself if you do get healed or something wonderful like that. (sorry)

LOLOL I’m sorry, I don’t know why I didn’t answer this back in Dec (forgive me).... “we will be delivered up to the counsel”!!!! That cracks me up because it’s true, brother! You hit the nail on the head.

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/2/24 13:01Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

The original question was, "What gospel was preached?" I do not think there is a “ONE” set Baptist answer or a “one” set Pentecostal answer; we must walk in the Spirit and be able to listen to the Holy Spirit because the gospel is whatsoever a person needs. Let me explain before you get out your stones.... if a person was already saved, Jesus didn’t need to preach repentance to them. True or not? But say, if they needed healing, then He ministered that.

If they needed to repent, I’m almost quite certain Jesus didn’t preach emotionalism for two hours like some ministers do today to fill the altar.

And I declare (yes, a woman declares!) that we are able to preach the same Jesus... if we would just let go of our own agenda on what we were taught or believe that presenting the gospel is to people. You might say, "Oh, I might get kicked out of my church." So be it! It will probably be the best thing that Jesus could do for you!

Just my new two cents worth!! Or a half penny, depending on who’s reading!! (huge grin)
God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/24 13:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Is repentance a prerequisit unto salvtion? Where does it say that? I thought repentance was to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, is that not the Gospel of Jesus Christ crucified, which Paul preaches in all his epistles.

What I am reading is I must repent to be saved. Or is it, I must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and then repentance of sin is a confession of sin and the Father is then faithful and just to forgive all sin and cleanse from all unrighteousness. What if I sin right after confession, have I lost my salvation until I repent again and confess. That is not what the Gospel is all about, it is all about Jesus being my all and in all I do and am. If I confess right after confession, then continue to confess with every bad thought or deed I do daily, is this the only way I can keep the Incorruptable Seed God has birthed in me, being born again of the Word of God which is Christ in you the hope of glory. Birthed, aborted, birthed aborted, etc.

If the salvation candidate comes to the table with the slightest amount of faith given him and believes that Jesus is the Son of God, having nothing else to put on the table to make him a candidate for salvation, God in His own will, will give the Son to this new son, because Jesus paid such a price, that the slightest incling of belief, God gives what His Son came to do on the Cross, save those the Father has chosen to give this new birth to, the rest is sanctification by all that God declares the Christ in us is made unto us for, wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption. It is done.

I am in Christ because I believe, now I can repent and agree with God what this life of Christ in me is doing, "conforming me to the image of Jesus Christ God only begotten Son". Born again, yes; loved, yes; given new life in Christ, yes; never to leave me or forsake me, yes: If repentance in this and all the rest, God will see to it that I repent and agree with the Christ in me and the Holy Spirit mover and shaker.

In Christ, repenting always as repentance is required to conform me to the Image of Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Phillip

2012/2/24 16:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy