SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terrifying Dream...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I am so fortunate that I have a loving Father who is not willing to leave me in that place but desires that I become like my Jesus.

Yes, indeed! This is a great comfort. God will see to it that life circumstances will facilitate this process. All we have to do is surrender to it, painful as it may be at times.

Sorry about your grandson...as a grandparent I can understand your feelings on this matter. But the reality is that God loves him more then you ever did or will. This alone is a great comfort which means it will be easier to back off and wait to see what God will do about the situation. Hard? Yes. But not impossible.

Now I have to practice what I just preached...

God bless.

ginnyrose

2010/12/25 12:52Profile

Re:

Ginnyrose writes " Now I have to practice what I just preached." Ah sister, there is the flesh on the bones :) .......brother Frank

2010/12/25 23:41
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Terrifying Dream...

A very profound dream that brother had...

Please forgive the length of the following post, I know how hard it is to keep track of these sometimes.

It is of the utmost importance that we keep our hearts right before God, but how do we do that? (just decide in your heart that you will just love Him no matter what) Is it in what we say, or what we do, or both? A heart that is right before God submits to obedience, which is the essence of a pure heart. ...but obedience to what?

Take a look at Christianity today; it is not as it was. We have failed the grace of God, and the provision He has made for us to rule over sin in our lives. We have failed to access His power for godly living, which brings true joy and happiness, not sorrow and sadness, and suffering with no joy. But there is true joy in communion and fellowship with the Holy Ghost whom he has given to us.

Instead, we have entertainment today in the church, because we have no true joy, and as one preacher put it, entertainment is the devils substitute for joy. We have become slaves to decadence, with a sense of privilege, and an overindulging (self-indulging) of the senses.

Look at the reasons why people indulge the flesh in the first place, is it not to fill something that is lacking in the soul? Is it not to make one feel better, to give one a sense of well-being, of fulfillment? Is it not to give one a sense of joy and happiness and completeness? Is this not the reason why people drink to get drunk and indulge in ALL of the senses of the body, to numb, to make one feel better, and to give us joy?

I believe The Apostle Paul teaches us that God can and will give us all joy and fulfillment in our souls that we need. Be filled the Holy Spirit who completes us, and no longer indulge the senses of the flesh to do this.

Ephesians 5:18 (New King James Version)

And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

I believe what the Apostle is saying is:

Instead of getting drunk with wine and indulging the senses, rather to be filled with the Holy Spirit who completes us. The Apostle Paul was not likening the infilling of the Holy Ghost with drunkenness or being drunk, but rather a turning away from the works of darkness, which is in the indulging the senses with sinful practices and uncleanness before God, and to rather be filled with the Holy Ghost who completes us, and fills that void in our souls. Has not the Lord Jesus said: "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” John 4:14

In the beginning I believe Adam walked with God, where his body was filled with God's Holy Spirit - there was a communion there. God's Holy Spirit filled a part of Adam that completed him (Shekinah) and made him unique in creation, which made him the living temple of God.

Adam lost this when he, through transgression, fell. The Shekinah Glory of God lifted from Adam, the same way that the Shekinah Glory of God lifted from the Jewish Temple (the physical one before it was destroyed in 70 AD).

Since the fall of Adam, our race has sought to fill “that missing part” that incompleteness in us, by indulging in the senses of the flesh (which God has called sin). And without the Light of God (the Holy Spirit, who was, and now is the majestic presence or manifestation of God in man) man would grow exceeding dark and sinful (which is what happened), for without light, there can only be darkness…and if the light of your eye is darkness, then how great the darkness.

...but we are no longer in darkness (that is to say without the Holy Ghost), that we should indulge the senses of the body with all manner of sins and uncleanness.

Ephesians 5:8 " For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light"

This indwelling Shekinah presence of God in His temple is something that was always meant for man, we were created for this purpose - we are (that is our bodies) "living temples" of the Holy Spirit of God.

Now consider the Jewish nation how strict and how hard God was with them when they sinned. Example:

1 Corinthians 10
1 For I would not, brethren, have you ignorant, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 and did all eat the same spiritual food;
4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them: and the rock was Christ.
5 Howbeit with most of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9 Neither let us make trial of the Lord, as some of them made trial, and perished by the serpents.
10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them murmured, and perished by the destroyer.
11 Now these things happened unto them by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Now consider that they DID NOT have the Holy Spirit who gives power for Godly living.

John 7:39
39 But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believed on him were to receive: for the Spirit was not yet given; because Jesus was not yet glorified.

How much worse judgment do you suppose will be to us to whom the Holy Spirit has been given?

The Church received power for Godly living and testimony on Pentecost - and it is through the righteousness and grace of God that the free gift of the Holy Spirit is given, even to us, who through obedience to the faith in Christ Jesus are made righteous by His shed blood...in that He took away our sins, and in the absence of sin, the righteous requirements of the law are fulfilled; therefore, the Holy Spirit could come. It was not until Jesus Christ had ascended to the Father, after His resurrection, that the Holy Ghost could be given - which is the promise of the free gift.

An understanding given by the Lord Jesus Christ to me:

The power of sin is in the Law (as delivered to Moses), and the wages of sin is death...for through the Law, I have knowledge of sin and sinned revived and I died. (This is the Law of sin and death)

But the law has no power over me anymore...and why does it have no power over me?

... it is because I have no sin...and because I have no sin, I am not under the law.

If I had sin, the law would have power over me, and I would be under the law, but now I have no sin and am therefore not under the law.

Is this a heresy? No it is not, let me explain.

I have no sins because of the Blood of the Lamb ...that Jesus took my sins away and nailed them to the cross (I am crucified with Christ). When God looks at me, He sees only the blood of the Lamb applied to the door posts, not my sins. (This is the sinless perfection I am referring to) God sees no sins through the blood of the Lamb! Now, is the blood applied to the doorposts? ...this is what should be asked about.

I am not saying that I have obtained sinless perfection in the flesh, or cannot be tempted to sin, or that I am sin free and without fault in my life, I have many faults...I am saying that only through the cross of Christ I have no sin, because Jesus took them away with His death.

Whether you accept this or not, this is sinless perfection! ...yet not by works of the flesh, but only through faith in Jesus Christ. (righteousness by faith) This is not so hard to understand. So I then, fulfill the law of God by being sinless, just as He commands, yet not by works, but by faith in the cross of Jesus Christ to forever remove my sins – righteousness by faith and not by works.

But righteousness by faith came for a purpose...even a new creation, which God has through the Holy Ghost birthed in me. Just as it is written: I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

When we consider how God judged the Jewish nation because of sin, how shall WE escape if we neglect so great a salvation?

And this is why the Holy Ghost could be given freely to us:

"Where there is no sin, the Law of God cannot condemn, but is fulfilled."

Jesus Christ, with His own blood entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption for us. It was not until sin was removed (through the cross of Christ), and the righteous requirements of the law were fulfilled (absence of sin), that the Holy Spirit could come, who wrote the laws of God on our hearts rather than on tablets of stone...even as it is written "I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

It is a common statement with Christianity of today that we have to live with the so called "sinful nature" in this life as long as we live, that we have no power over it for godly living. And indeed, this is the definitely the case when someone does not have the Holy Ghost.

And this is the doctrine of the Nicolaitans (as revealed to me by the Holy Ghost): and that is to say it is okay to sin because I am under grace, and because Jesus took away my sins, and where sin abounds, God’s grace much more abounds, and therefore it is okay to sin in the flesh, because through faith in Jesus my sins are washed away anyway, so why not just allow sin and don’t worry about godliness too much seeing how that Jesus took away my sins. Go ahead and indulge the senses of the flesh, the sins are all paid for anyway – so go ahead and eat, drink and be merry.

Much of what the Holy Ghost had revealed to the early church through the Apostle Paul was truly taken out of context. This satanic attack, this doctrine of the Nicolaitans, permeated the early Church so much so that the Apostles had to address it in letters – see here:

The Apostle Paul had written:

Romans 3:8
8And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some claim that we say), "Let us do evil that good may come"? Their condemnation is just.

The Apostle Peter wrote:

2 Peter 3:15-16 (New King James Version)
15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

James also wrote:
James 2:20
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

Our Lord Jesus through the Apostle John wrote:
Revelation 2:14-17
14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
17 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches…

And this doctrine has filled much of today’s church as well, and is why judgment comes, and the clarion call to repentance is going out yet once again.

But God has given us power over sin, which is in the Blood of the Lamb!

Some teachers of Christianity today take the Apostle Paul's writing totally out of context when he stated:

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. Romans 7:18-20

...they read this as though we have to live with no power for Godly living.

But the Apostle was referring to life "before" the Holy Ghost was given.

And they miss what he says next in his line of thought, and teaching which is:

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh (because we could not keep the law through the flesh because we did not have power for Godly living), God (did) (by)sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh (took away the sins - so that power for holy living could be given by the Holy Ghost who lives in us):

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us (absence of sin through the blood of Christ), who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:3-4

For if you live according to the flesh (For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do) you will die; but if by the (Holy)Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body (power for righteous and holy living), you will live. Rom 8:13 (parenthesis emphasis above is mine)

And this is why, I believe, judgment comes. ...because we have neglected so great a salvation...which is the God life in us through His Holy Spirit.

There is a worldliness, a sensuality, a carnality, an all is well in our sinful state that has infiltrated the church of Jesus Christ, and has caused it to go to sleep.

But I cannot refer to the judgment of God without referring to His great and tender mercies for humanity (of whom I am the largest recipient of His grace)...because as it is written God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

And I am not talking about sinless perfection (in this life) here (we still have to deal with Eph 6:12 on a daily basis which is NOT the sinful nature), but they will be taken out of the way soon enough as per: Revelation 12:7-10

... but I am referring to the way into the Holiest of All, the very presence of God (the Holy Ghost in us) - the Divine life, which God in his mercy has freely given to us (the embryo or seed of God in us) the God life, the new creation, the new birth, the new man.

1 Corinthians 15:47-49 (New King James Version)
47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. (and the heavenly man was NOT sinful)

And this is why the judgment comes - a certain fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Because it is a sin to deny, or to refuse, or to not acknowledge the sanctifying life changing work of the Holy Ghost in us. (Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power for Godly living through cessationist doctrinal prose - no God life in them - the doctrine of the Nicolaitans).

Romans 8:9 (New King James Version)
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

We really need a true revival of the Holy Ghost...and we need a functioning body (Ephesians 4:11-13)

And a revival does come and soon now...and what do you suppose is going to be the end result?

it comes...

Much glory awaits us...

Romans 8:18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

(this is a really pivotal point to understand this, because it is coming)

Revelation 12:7-10 (New King James Version)

Satan Thrown Out of Heaven

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

~~~

I believe God has been telling us that He is going to destroy the works of the devil and very soon now, and remove the tares from among the wheat as He said He would do, and then the wheat goes to the threshing floor so the chaff can be removed. An interesting point about wheat, when it is on the threshing floors is: the wheat is beaten together with the chaff until the chaff falls off of the wheat berry, and is blown away by the wind or winnowing fan, and then the wheat can be gathered into the barn. (rapture)

The process may be painful, but necessary for the wheat.

So what happens when the accuser is thrown down to the earth?

1. He no longer gets to accuse the elect saints.

If you read the book of Job, you see that satan had to first get permission to attack Job, and he did this by accusing him before God.

2. vs. 10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come....

Did you know that this was not said during the ministry of Jesus Christ when He was on the earth, and it was not said with the first century church when the Holy Ghost was first given? It is said AFTER the "Great Tribulation" has started and AFTER the accuser of the brethren is finally thrown down... so he does not get to accuse the elect saints anymore.

So, why is this so important?

The book of Job makes it perfectly clear that satan can't just attack a saint when he feels like it; he has to get permission first, and he gets permission first by accusing us day and night before God.

And what does satan get to do after he accuses and gets permission because of accusation?

...he gets to:

- plant tares
- sift and tempt a saint to sin
- cause division
- divide and conquer the house of God from within
- cause the house of God to be in disrepair
- cause worldliness and carnality in Christians
- plant heresies and doctrines of devils to deceive, if it were possible, the very elect.
- the list goes on and on with the havoc he has wrecked upon the saints and the Bride of the Lamb through the ages.

But we are accountable before God to be on guard agaist all of these things, as we are warned about it in scripture: to watch and pray (Lead us NOT into temptation, but deliver us from the devil...)

So, If satan does not get to accuse us anymore and does not get permission to wreak havoc on the Bride of the Lamb, what do you think will happen with the elect saints when the work of the Holy Ghost in us is unfettered by the hinderer, because he was removed (taken out of the way)?

Well, that man of sin (antichrist) will be revealed when "satan the hinderer" is taken out of the way, and a great falling away of all of humanity and much of what is called the church will happen first (remove the tares and chaff first as the Lord Jesus has said this will happen - collapse the "Grand Old Mansion" which is in disrepair),

....but then comes true revival on a global scale when that Grand Old Mansion, that glorious House/Temple of God (who we are), is rebuilt, so the the glory of the latter end of the house will be greater than the former.

Because there is no accuser standing before God accusing us, Ephesians 6:12 will end for us, and so will all the works of the devil as pointed out above. But persecution at the hands of those who take the mark of the beast will occur.

2010/12/29 14:54Profile

Re: Terrifying Dream...

Quote:
I strongly recommend that you take a good look at your own life, and choose you this day whom you will serve. Don’t believe the lie that you can serve God and mammon. Don’t believe the lie that you can have it all.

It's hard to believe that any believer could think this way, I guess I must submit that some do. The brethren that I know they KNOW that they have come short of the glory God and stand in complete wonder how in the world we will ever make it simply because we have no idea how to appropriate the word of God.

My handle is "approved", what it should be is, "hope2Bapproved".

Thanks for sharing this dream. It confirms that if the righteous Scarcely be saved the rest of us are doomed.

(Scarcely is an adverb meaning hardly; not quite, with great difficulty)

2011/1/1 15:57
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Earendel, thank you for sharing that dream. Very powerful and convicting. May we heed this word, regardless of whether or not we are truly born again or false professors. I know many, including myself, who seem to be a true child of God, who still hold on to many things and ways of this world and flesh, things and ways that are seemingly innocent.

One thing that sometimes confuses me and I'm sure many others as well, is in regard to the place of recreation in the Christian walk, especially for those of us who are married and have kids. I remember before I got married I didn't care for it, only desiring to give all my time to Jesus and not waste any. But now that I'm married its different having to consider my wife and little ones and their needs.

I could be misreading, but the post seems to be condemning all recreation in general. Yet it would seem to many of us that condemning all recreation is legalism and unbiblical. So if there is a needed place for recreation with spouse and kids, I ask myself sometimes, how much is enough and how much is too much? I guess the Lord will show us as we seek Him in prayer and His Word.

2011/1/1 21:55Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
My handle is "approved", what it should be is, "hope2Bapproved".

Thanks for sharing this dream. It confirms that if the righteous Scarcely be saved the rest of us are doomed.

I've wanted to come back to this for some time now...and finish the post.

He has not rewarded us according to our works.

God has not rewarded us according to our ways, nor has He recompensed us for our backsliding, and I am witness to this because I fell short of His Spirit's work and was a prodigal son. But He called me while I was in bondage to sin, and broke the curse. He broke the shackles that held me in bondage to sin and disobedience and shattered the teeth of the devourer for my sake. He gave me repentance to eternal life which caused me to be broken, humble and contrite before Him, (truly, Godly sorrow swallowed me up) - God is my witness.

In the midst of my brokenness and repentance before Him He came to me, and forgave me. His Spirit overshadowed me and He renewed a right spirit within me. The scales of sin fell from my eyes, and I began to see with perfect light. He has called us to Himself because He is very merciful and forgiving.

He has an elect (a remnant if you will)

Isaiah 11:11

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people...

Isaiah 12

1And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

2Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

3Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

4And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

5Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.

6Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Our calling is by election, and we are truly the recipients of His mercy and grace and not of wages.

We are are not appointed to wrath, but yes, we are appointed to judgement. And if we are judged...

For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. 1 Corinthians 11:31-32

...For whom the LORD loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives. Heb 12:6

For whom the LORD loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights. Prov 3:12

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.”
So he said, “Teacher, say it.”

“There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?”

Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.”
And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.” Luke 7:40-43

My Testimony (of His Mercy):

http://the-christians-forum.com/topic/4068702/1/

2011/1/17 18:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy