SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terrifying Dream...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Terrifying Dream...

Borrowed from:
http://the-christians-forum.com/topic/4012435/1/

~~~

Terrifying Dream:

"I awoke in a very dark place, with only one light near me that I could not look at. It wasn’t because it would hurt my eyes, it was that it was impossible to look that direction. It didn’t matter though.
I knew who I was before.
The King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Living, Breathing God of all creation.
I knew I was not dead, but I also knew I was brought before him to make a choice, or lets say to clarify the choices I have.

I was completely naked. Not physically, but I knew that I could hide nothing. NOTHING! I was stripped of my family, I was stripped of my circumstances, I was stripped of everything in this world that I loved, and everything that had been a stumbling block in my past and present life. It was just me. Transparent to the deepest parts of the soul, the intents, the desires, what I truly loved.

I was utterly ashamed. By most people’s standards I am a good guy. I have grown up in the church, believe in Him, His blood that was shed for me, and His resurrection power. But standing in front of God is a whole other thing.

I said I was naked. Let me explain more about that. What I realized at that very minute was that the things that give me comfort in this world would be stripped away in eternity. Relationships with family, friends, doctrines and beliefs, all the things we choose to believe to make us feel secure, all the things I held onto to make me feel like I was OK. It was not enough. Church associations, bible verses memorized, Christian lifestyle, having a good reputation, etc.. It didn’t mean squat!

In that moment I realized that the only thing that mattered, and the only thing that I would bring with me when I leave this place and appear before the the Great I AM was my love for Him and my love for His Son.

Nothing else mattered. My family could not stand there with me, my pastors would not be there to help, my own self-woven truth that I chose to believe would be shattered in light of His ultimate Truth. I was separated. It was just me and Him, and the things like going to church (as a religious function) didn’t matter, studying the Word didn’t matter. How much I knew about God, the Bible, and His promises didn’t matter. What did matter was my lover for Him. Or, in my case my lack of love for Him.

(As a side note – I only recently realized that had I loved him more than anything else, I would have never wanted to leave. I would have been full of joy to be in the presence of Him – finally!)

I realized I was alone, naked, and stripped of excuses. I began to mourn, deep sorrow began to well up in me. The horrible part was, I was mourning and aching for the things of the flesh. I began to see that the things I enjoyed in life, like being able to just relax with the family and watch a movie. To go out on the lake in the boat for a day of fun with the wife and kids. To simply take care of my own, and try not to think about those in need. To keep God as an important “part” of “my” life, and not put him in total charge of everything, not totally surrender my life, my living flesh to him as a sacrifice.

After all, at this moment of truth, of transparency, of nakedness, I knew that this was completely “anti” Christ. This was me wasting my days, filling my life and my family’s life with meaningless “fun” activities. Activities that in eternity would be meaningless. I knew that if I wanted to gain Christ, I had to forsake the things of the flesh, I had to sell everything I had to buy the field that had the treasure buried in it.

But I mourned because I had the mirage of life suddenly disappear and I had nothing. My life was empty. I could see it all, and as I thought about the things I missed, the things I loved in life, they all seemed so dark, so sinful. I also knew that no-one else would ever understand what I was doing if I truly gave all my heart to God. I would be one odd duck compared to even the most “holy” of Christians.

I knew that I didn’t have the love I should for the Father. I realized that I was more in love with a happy life filled with things that brought “me” happiness, that joy from doing the Fathers will. I was more in love with the illusion that I could go about my daily life – live for myself, acknowledge God and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven one day with crowds of cheering saints.

I could no longer fool myself, and I knew I had a choice to make. I hardly know how or where to begin. I have never seen any living example of a true biblical saint, Christian, disciple, believer or whatever you want to call those who are called according to His purpose.

I have seen the church going crowd that much like myself is more interested in being like the world, desiring wealth, cars, power, popularity, acceptance and love of others. Where is there desire for God? They praise God with their lips, but their hearts are far from him, just like my own.

I have seen it on TV with the Benny Hinns and the Joyce Meyer types who are teaching another gospel a gospel of success, a gospel of happiness, a gospel of self help, a gospel of “God wants to make you fishers of Wealth!” Instead of fishers of men.

When the service is over, instead of going out and healing the sick, preaching the real gospel, and casting out devils – in other words doing the great commission, they jet-set around the world in private jets to their multi-million dollar estates scattered here and there – paid for with offerings from the poor and ignorant.

The only place I know of where I could find this kind of faith, this kind of commitment was in the bible. There you find Jesus, his disciples, and the early church believers who gave everything to God. They sold everything they had to buy the pearl of great price.

They forsook the flesh, and forsook the things of the world in order to gain an eternity of joy unspeakable and full of glory.

As I read the bible it is so clear and the words of Christ, and the words of the apostles are so direct and understandable.

- Those of us who try to save our lives will lose them, but those who lose their lives for Christ’s sake will gain them.
- If we love the world, the love of the father is not in us.
- If we love Jesus, we must keep his commandments.
- If we believe, signs and wonders WILL follow us. They will cast out devils, walk on serpents, lay hands on the sick – and they SHALL recover! (that one is just for the apostles right? Then is the great commission also just for the apostles? It is part of the same scripture afterall.)
I could go on, and on writing down scriptures that the church has spent decades making excuses for, or teaching that Gods’ grace is so big that it covers it all – our lack of obedience and all. Really?

Then why are we to work out our salvation with fear and trembling? Why did God put in the Bible to FEAR HIM literally hundreds of times, over and over? Do we fear him, or have we turned him into a big Love Ball in the sky?
Have we completely deceived ourselves?

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God. That is what I know. I know that I will never be the same. I know that my life is no where near where it needs to be, but I am trying. My pride is gone. My illusion is gone. And my desire for the God is beginning to really take hold of my life. For 6 months I hardly even spoke about this dream to anyone except my immediate family, and even then cautiously. But I felt an urging from God to write these things down and send it out – because they must know!
My dream ended.

I awoke. It was 3:00am. I was wide awake with an extremely heightened sense awareness, and insecurity. It was so much to take in and so much to lose that I had to try to sleep. What is it with us people who have grown up in the church? What did they do to us? We truly are the Pharisees of the 20th century. We have been given a gift and yet we want it for free with no strings attached and with no consequences of our choice. We want it all, to love God, get saved and love the world too.

We want to say that we are saved because we believe in God, but doesn’t scripute say that even the demons believe and tremble. It isn’t enough. We must crucify our flesh, we must love Him, and the proof of our love will be our lifestyles and our fruit – not our knowledge. What fruit have we produced? If you are anything like me, you are in desperate need of a savior!

I have since made my choice, but I still struggle. It is hard to forsake the things you can easily have, the things you desire, and follow Him.

I strongly recommend that you take a good look at your own life, and choose you this day whom you will serve. Don’t believe the lie that you can serve God and mammon. Don’t believe the lie that you can have it all.
Dream #2
(about 3 months ago.)
Again I instantly knew I was in the presence of God, and again I was ashamed of what I was. Again I was transparent, but this time the focus was not on me. I felt terror for those who were walking in unbelief. I knew that their days were numbered and that they MUST hear the Gospel.
When I say those walking in unbelief, I mean the sinners and the church goers alike.

There was such an urgency. Such a calamity coming to those who are unprepared. I began to feel the terror they would feel. I began to feel the sorrow of the Father. But mostly I just felt what they would feel if they did not hear the true gospel. To say they would be afraid, to say they would regret, to say they would be sorry does not even begin to explain the intense emotion they would face. Terror. Terror like nothing I have ever felt before. No more chances. No more excuses.

NO MORE TIME.

Helpless. Condemned. Awaiting for the words of Judgement to come from His lips.

Terror!
I awoke again at about 3:00am. This was again more than my mind could bear. I tried to get to sleep, I tried to get some space, some time between this event, this dream, and myself. It was too intense. It was too hard to think about.
Please, take all this to heart. Please get on your faces before the Living God, and repent. Please let him take control. We have got to repent!

We must give our whole lives to him, not just a piece. We are not old testament servants, we are new testament sons. We don’t get to just tithe 10% - we must give it all. We don’t get to just be circumcised and have a little piece of flesh die, we must sacrifice our whole bodies, our whole lives. We don’t get to just follow certain laws to be righteous, we must give over all our will to his will – because we will not only be judged for our actions, but our thoughts and our intents as well.

It will be worth it. It will be joy unspeakable and full of glory. It will be the only way you will survive what is coming with your soul and spirit intact.

I pray that everyone who reads this is pierced by the Spirit of the Living God. I pray that a clarity will come to you as you hear these words. Lord God, Abba Father, draw them to You. Bring them in. Touch their hearts, take away the scales on their eyes. Let them see that anything not born in the Spirit will not stand. Let them hearken to your calling. Let them disregard all things, traditions, and beliefs that are not of You. I ask that none, not one person who reads this will walk away from this warning. I ask that everyone, yes everyone Father, will remember their First Love. Thank you my Lord. In the name of Jesus, amen!"

2010/12/21 15:17Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: Terrifying Dream...

Wow! sounds like Canada has an evangelist. Repentance always seems to accompany coming into His presence does it not?

ybiC

2010/12/25 3:58Profile

Very powerful. A brother that I have known for 17 years almost died three years ago. He has been a good Christian for 30 years. As he lay in his hospital bed, Jesus came to his bedside. I waited to hear what words of comfort Jesus would say to my friend( and I was a little cynical that Jesus had actually come to his bedside and stood beside him) His following words convinced me that he had actually had an encounter with Jesus. He told me that Jesus said to him " your basket is empty." That was it. He said he instantly knew what Jesus meant. He had not one single thing to offer Jesus. Even after 30 years of " good living," and being a " good Christian," he had not a single thing in " his basket." He was brokenhearted that he had no unconditional thing to lay before the Lord. He cried out to the Lord that he would spare his life, not for life's sake but so that he could live for him truly and have something in his basket when he died. Please believe me when I tell you this man was not talking about works, he had plenty of works.

After he told me that I looked at my own life and asked myself the question " what do I have in my basket?" Oh brothers and sisters, do we truly live for God and Him alone? Do I truly love God above all else, even the dearest of loved ones? Are my motives pure? May the Lord pour out His Spirit upon us and may we stand in the penetrating light of His gaze. There is an agony in the refiners fire, yet will we not cry out, even now, " not my will but thine be done oh Lord?" Let all the dross of this life be burned away in these, the final days. Time is short, the Lord is at the door...........brother Frank

2010/12/25 7:08
mama27

I stand guilty, and ashamed......now what will I do with it? Lord help us all!

2010/12/25 8:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: mama27

Quote:
I stand guilty, and ashamed......now what will I do with it? Lord help us all!

Repent and begin again; it's a lifestyle of repentance that we live. Find a quiet place and tell Him (outloud) in detail what you are guilty of and ashamed of; don’t try to hide anything from Him no matter how ugly and unbearable it is to say it. Honesty with God is the best policy. Pride keeps us from telling Him what He already knows; let it flow until you are washed clean!

I’m not recommending you do anything that I haven’t done, it’s humiliating to say the least but once it’s out in the open, Satan has no hold on you any longer to send you on a guilt trip at the drop of a hat; so unpack those bags!

What a great Christmas gift from the Father! Merry Christmas!!

God bless,
Lisa

2010/12/25 8:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
Lord help us all!

Amen - a prayer showing wisdom on/about human nature.
Thank you mama for praying for All of us.

2010/12/25 9:54
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Frank wrote:

Quote:
He said he instantly knew what Jesus meant. He had not one single thing to offer Jesus. Even after 30 years of " good living," and being a " good Christian," he had not a single thing in " his basket." He was brokenhearted that he had no unconditional thing to lay before the Lord.

I am wondering how this gentleman's life was changed with this encounter...

The term "unconditional thing" is an interesting one...Mind expanding the idea? I am sure you have one...

ginnyrose

2010/12/25 10:14Profile
mama27

Re:

I do not mean guilty of gross sin or sinful actions, I am referring to a heart that is easily caught up in the trifles of the world and does not worship and adore the Lord with every fiber of my being.....I tell the Lord anew every morning of my love for Him, but in reality how far short I fall.....going thru lots of painful things in my family right now, and it is so easy to put family on a pedestal - even in the "good" desires of having all my children on fire for Jesus - but truly my little vision is nothing compared to the vastness and greatness of God's perfect plan...I so want to be found faithful.....but this post greatly convicted me that indeed my righteousness is as filthy rags....

2010/12/25 10:54Profile

Re:

Hi mama, I totaly get what you said. And I think you have caught the essence of the post and at least my reply. Ginnyrose, I believe its about the motivations and conditions of our heart. Its not so much about what we do as it is why we do it. I believe, in part, this will be why there will be tears that the Lord will wipe from our eyes. We will weep when we see our hearts in the unadulterated light of Christ which will be brighter than a thousand suns.

Here is a very painful example sister that I just got this this morning. Many of my brothers and sisters know about the fact that my unsaved and quite wicked estranged daughter-in-law has now with-held my grandson, who will be two shortly, from us. We raised him for the first year and a half. Now, you would think that this is a pretty clear cut case. Yet here is what the Lord spoke into my heart this morning, and He did it without any hint of anger at all, in fact with much love( which makes it all the more painful for me)..............He said that " my desire for justice and revenge is greater than my love for Mason. This is not about Mason or Me( meaning the Lord) this is about you. My pride and my vanity has reached to heavens throne and in the refiners fire my dross cries out in agony and wrestles all night long and clings to me as a man would cling to a mountain, knowing that if he lets go he would surely die."

No matter what men see on the outside, God sees and judges what is on the inside. All the good works in the world are without merit if our heart does not walk rightly before the Lord. Even our " good desires," do not escape His all knowing gaze. Who could have ever accused me of anything in my attempts to get access to my grandson, and yet the Lord has peeled opened my heart and it makes me weep. I am so fortunate that I have a loving Father who is not willing to leave me in that place but desires that I become like my Jesus. Oh my heavenly Father, I need thee every hour...........brother Frank

2010/12/25 11:49
mama27

Re:

YES! That is it!!

2010/12/25 12:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy