Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : ONE BODY

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

ONE BODY

ONE BODY

By Lahry Sibley

1 Cor 12: 12For just as the body is a unity and yet has many parts, and all the parts, though many, form [only] one body, so it is with Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

Unity of it’s parts are essential to continued life of any living organism. If a part is removed from the organism, that part dies. It’s life cannot be sustained. So it is within the kingdom of God and the body of Christ. Whether you want to accept it or not, the fact remains, there is only “one church”, “one Body”, whose head is Christ alone. No denominations, no factions. One Body.

The term denomination testifies of division. Jesus said that a body divided against itself cannot stand. Well, it cannot live either. If someone were to divide your body into two equal parts, both sides die.

So has the Body of Christ died? It shall never be. But you can take all your statistical analysis of what percentage of American society is Christian, what percentage of that group belongs to certain denominations and you can take those statistics and cast them into the wind like confetti at a NYC parade. They mean nothing. Why? Because most are NOT HIS BODY. Billy Graham admitted that he doubted if 5% of those who have ever responded to his invitations at his crusades, were ever made alive unto Christ. Leonard Ravenhill said he doubted if 2% of “American Christians” were born again, living in the newness of life. I align more with what Leonard said, as being the truth of the matter. Selah.

Pride and ego have raised up a new head, man, to lead a new group, not His Body, and they call it His Body. Just as sure as I would cut off my index finger and place in a nice plastic bag and put it on the shelf, that finger would die, no living cells found in it’s tissue, within minutes of the separation. It cannot live disconnected from my body. So it is with any group of people who say they are connected with Christ, yet Christ is not the head of their group.

Division means death to the working of the Holy Spirit among them. So in order to “appear alive”, they devise carefully orchestrated activities designed to give the appearance of life, like a toy in the toy store that’s made to look so real, it almost “looks alive”. To dead people, it looks alive enough to be real, and they love it so. Dead lead by the dead. And as long as there is no prophet of God among them, they will remain dead, never suspecting that they are dead. They are comforted in their death by continually being told they are alive. Their numbers grow and confidence builds that gives them a false sense of security in those numbers. Well, we know which road has the “numbers” on it, don’t we?

So how do you know, how can you tell which “church” is alive, and which is not? Millions across this land, and around the world, either consciously or sub-conciously would like to know the answer to this question. How do you know that you know that you know, this is the real living organism?

First of all, His Body has one head, not thousands of heads. The activities of all the parts of His Body are directed only by the Head. My fingers, in order to be a functioning part of my body are attached to my body, and are never separated from my body, and they function only as directed by my head. My fingers do not have a “mind of their own”, and they are quite content with that. So it is with the parts of Christ’s Body. Each part does what Christ says to do, and they love it so. They are quite content with that. Where the Body goes, all the parts go. None are left behind. And the Body works really well like that. Each part of Christ’s Body does what they are directed to do by Christ alone. It’s called ……are you ready? It’s called…..OBEDIENCE. Each part obeys the Head, Christ Alone.

Christ knows His Body parts, whether you and I do or not. He knows who belongs to His Body and who does not.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What does “doeth the will” mean to you? To me, it means that the father gives the commands, and those who are His obey Him. I said, “THOSE WHO ARE HIS OBEY HIM”.

My body parts do the will of my head because they are properly attached to my body. The parts of Christ’s Body do obey His will because they are attached to His Body. Those who reject His will are “REJECTED” by Him, He does not know them. And no wonder, they rebel against His commandments and do NOT DO His will!!!

My body parts know me and I know them. They do as I direct and they obey me. If a body has parts that do not obey it’s head, but are doing all kinds of “independent things”, we call that a monster, or demon possessed, or……are you ready for this? We call it a “syndrome”. I think it is ironic that they intentionally misspell that word. In reality, I think it should be a “sindrome”. Don’t you?
So it is with the Body of Christ. Anything that does not follow Christ is a monstrous being. It is not His Body.
So who are those who are actually attached to this living Body of Christ? They are the ones who OBE Y HIM. They keep His commandments. They respond only to His direction. And they love it so. They know who they are and Whose they are. God knows them, and Jesus said you can recognize them too…….

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Those who keep His commandments, are the ones who are parts of His Body. They love Him alone, no other loves. They do His will, and not their own, day in and day out. They delight in doing so. What happened to their own will? Well, they came across an old rugged cross, and they hung their will there, and it died. But wait, they were also buried. The old life, independent of God DIED, the old sin soaked nature and will died with it. Then, and only then, they have been resurrected into the newness of life, unified with Christ in His Body. They do His Will, they keep His commandments, and they follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. That’s it. There you have it. Dead unto sin, and alive unto God. (Romans 6:11)

Now, if your social club does not fit this criteria, would you consider it just might not be His Body? His Body keeps His commandments, and because they are obedient, He gives them LIFE though His Holy Spirit.

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

There you have it. His Body is alive, with His Spirit. You know they are alive because they have the breath of obedience in their midst. They have the heart beat of His will, in all they say and do. Do you? Selah - Lahry

2010/12/21 10:46Profile
davidc

France

Re: ONE BODY

Amen to all Lahry

Lo I come, (in the volume of the book it is written of me), to do Thy will O God.

2010/12/21 17:40Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

Thank you David, for your kind exhortation and encouragement. God bless you brother. - L.

2010/12/22 0:30Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Thank you for this excellent post that accurately describes those in the Body of Christ that are connected to the Head, and those that are not.

Mike

2010/12/22 10:27Profile

When I first became a believer, if you wanted to be a part of the "True Church" you had to live a "really" holy life. You know, don't do this, don't do that, and pray (on your knees) at least 3 to 4 hours a day. Oh yeah, don't forget that you had to witness to at least one person per day, and you had to die to self and every desire you might have, no questions asked. If you did all those things, and some other stuff (depending upon who you talked to) then you were a part of the "true church" - "the remnant".

These days, if you want to be a part of the "True Church", you have to be careful how you "do" church. It seems, that if you "go" to church, or are in any way involved in a denomination, then you might not be "the church". If you hold to any creeds or church government that is more complicated than "simply" sitting around in one's living room, then you may not be part of "the remnant."

I thank God, that I am not like other christians. I do not belong to any denomination, and I thank God I do not go to a "social club" on Sunday. Whew! I thank God that I am alive, and I am attached to the head because I do not hold to any creeds or complicated church government. Whew! I thank God that Jesus recognizes me because I do His will and obey ALL his commandments. Whew! I thank God that Jesus will not reject me because I am properly attached to the Head! Whew!

I thank God I am not like other men...selah - Michael

2010/12/22 11:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy