SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus, the Young Rich Man, and how we may obtain Eternal life.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
davidc

France

Re: rich man

Unto Babes, you say"

"In fact, the chances of a rich man to have eternal life is as slim as a camel making it through the eye of a needle. In fact, He said that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter eternal life. Boy, that is microscopically small."

You could easily omit the word "rich" from this sentence, and arrive at some truth.

David

2010/12/22 18:40Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Why would I want to omit anything Jesus said?

Wouldn't that be making my own Bible?

Wouldn't that be idoletry?

Wouldn't that be another Gospel?

Wouldn't that be playing God?

No, Davidc, I wouldn't do that.

The Bible said man can have eternal life through faith in the Lord Jesus. Faith is surrender to His Lordship.
Faith is not afraid to give anything in order to have Jesus.

You may omit what you like, but let me warn you, you will end up with another Christ. There is only one Christ who can save. He is Christ of the Bible.

2010/12/22 19:05Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
#I think "Rich" means to be in a situation where you do not feel the need of anything- especially God. I think it means that you are self-sufficient and self-dependant. What do you say of Philemon, Zacchaeus (Luke19:2- "...and he was rich"), Abraham etc... who were rich? I think the Bible gives instructions to the rich on how to use their riches(1Timothy 6:17-"Charge them that are rich in this world,...") and doesn't condemn them outright. Those who trust in riches will not enter into the Kingdom of God, as said by Jesus (Mark 10:24).

Some good points A-Run. However in this case, I think Jesus WAS ACTUALLY telling him to give away ALL of his possessions.

However, I am agreeing with you in that what if "rich" is not just rich in having a lot of money. But a person, that is "rich" with this worlds goods, no matter how many "possessions." they have. It's idol worship that is the root problem, not the abundance of goods. Jesus is looking for people with an abundance of faith here on earth. Will He find it?? Is our mindset to be rich with the things of this world like the Laodiceans (Rev 3:17), or to be RICH IN FAITH?!?! Or will we be like Lot's wife who turned and looked back at this world because in her heart she was really in love with the world and its goods.

2010/12/22 20:52Profile
davidc

France

Re:

I apologise, Unto Babes, and wish I had not posted my remarks. It was just me trying to be clever, and failed.

Love in our Lord Jesus Christ

David

2010/12/23 18:32Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Davidc, I am nobody. God is everything. His word is forever established in heaven. He honors His word above His name. May we tremble at His Wotd.

God bless.

2010/12/23 18:37Profile
cryinthenite

Re:

Do a study on Marks life.I believe he was the rich young ruler.In his book he says Jesus loved him a detail he would know.Some other books in the bible speak of his mothers wealth.There are other details about his life point to this.The early church believed it was Mark also.

2010/12/23 21:24Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: Oh. I forgot about this thread. Sorry.

'Christ in You', You get a 100% with the answers you provided. It took me a long time to become aware of this truth, and this ignorance of mine caused me a lot of misery in my life.

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus was clarifying the extent of the Mosaic Laws to His fellow Jews. 'If you lust on a married woman in your heart, you have already commited adultery. If you hate your fellow Jew, you are already guilty of murder'. Why? Because its' these seed in your heart that leads to adultery and murder, etc..

Jesus never preached the New Covenant prior to His Crucifixion on the cross. Jesus was a Rabbi, and it was His duty to keep the entire Mosaic Law, and preach to all Isreal to also keep the entire Mosaic law.

Preaching the New Covenant would be a direct violation of the Mosaic Covenant, and this would have made Jesus a sinner, and would have disqualified Him from being the unblemished Lamd of God who takes our sins away through His blood shed on the cross.

Jesus did keep the entire Mosaic Law from birth until His death upon the cross.

In His own words, Jesus said:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Mt 5:17-18 KJV

Jesus kept the entire Mosaic Law throughout His life, then something interesting occurred. Instead of receiving all the blessings that one receives for keeping the entire Mosaic Law (A very long, healthy and prosperous life, etc,). Instead, Jesus took upon Himself the curses for not keeping the Mosaic Covenant, a short and painful life, and a cursed death upon a tree, wherein in He bore the stripes, and the suffering that we deserved for our sins.

Then it happened. Jesus, having kept the Mosaic Covenant throughout His life, and upon His death, The Heavy strong Curtain in the Temple was torn in two. That Curtain separated man from God. Only the High Priest was allowed to enter the Holy of Holies to bring sacrifced blood of an unblemished Lamb as atonement for sins of God's people.

And a marvelous event occurred, God annihilated the Mosaic Covenant, because it was useless and worthless in that it could not save anyone. And this paved the way for the Salvation through a New Covenant between God and man.

Zec 11:7-14

7 So I pastured the flock doomed to slaughter, hence the afflicted of the flock. And I took for myself two staffs: the one I called Favor and the other I called Union; so I pastured the flock. Then I annihilated the three shepherds in one month, for my soul was impatient with them, and their soul also was weary of me.

Then I said, "I will not pasture you. What is to die, let it die, and what is to be annihilated, let it be annihilated; and let those who are left eat one another's flesh."

"I took my staff Favor and cut it in pieces, to break my covenant which I had made with all the peoples. So it was broken on that day, and thus the afflicted of the flock who were watching me realized that it was the word of the LORD. I said to them, "If it is good in your sight, give me my wages; but if not, never mind!" So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages. Then the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them." So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD. Then I cut in pieces my second staff Union, to break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.
NASU

The only Bi-lateral covenant that God made with 'the peoples' was the Mosaic Covenant.

The difference between the two Covenants is that in The Mosaic Covenant we save ourselves by keeping the Laws given through moses, all 613 of them.

In the New Covenant, there is a change of laws, and it is by these New Laws of Christ, God keeps us, a genuine gift from God to us of eternal life, the abundant good life that truly will bless us.

Postscript: God is no longer separated from us by a heavy veil, as we know, God dwells in us, The indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we are where we were before Adam and Eve sinned, in God's presence. We walk daily with God, as we say "God in me." Our confidence should be very high, and the ongoings of this world should not bring us any fear, for God is with us andfor us, Death has no power over us, for we will live, even when our bodies die.

I personally do not care if some one decides to cut my head off, the body passes away, we live eternal in Christ. I will not set my eyes on the seas of troubles of this world, for I have fellowship with God and am assured of my salvation, and my good future God has prepared for me, and for you.

Sorry for preaching to the choir here, but I am thrilled by the good news of Jesus Christ.

2011/1/1 11:29Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

All praise and glory to our Father and His Son, the Holy Spirit has revealed in us.

This takes a revelation of God, by His Holy Spirit to understand the mystery which was revealed to Paul by Jesus Christ Himself, the mystery hidden from all ages, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

I kicked against the goad for a long time and God in His prefect knowledge took me all the way to the ground off my high horse, as I was doing the same as Paul to the church, no murder physically, but surely in the spirit of all I spoke to about keeping the Law or go to hell.

Just like Paul, God is still revealing this mystery to Christs Body the Church. I am still learning and I will be learning Christ for all eternity.

Galatians 1:10-17 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Also being crucified to self with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me, He is my only life to God.

Then Paul went to Jerusalem after 14 years and preached Christ in you the Hope of Glory;

Galatians 2:1-2 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

How are we "Perfect"?

Galatians 2:16-21 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The old man Phillip is now dead, and I live unto Christ by the Father birthing His Son in me.

Colossians 1:24-29 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Like Paul, What a revelation. It is the only perfection I can attain. Christ in you the Hope of Glory; Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2011/1/1 12:38Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Hi Philip.

Christ the seed the hope of glory that God willing will become Christ the tree of life in us.

If we do not frustrate His love for us the law of the seed will take its natural course so that His seed in us grows into a fruit producing tree in the image of tree that the seed came from

This is where knowledge of the law comes in handy because if what is being formed in us is not fulfilling the law, then what is being formed in us is not Christ but an impostor sent to make us think that Christ is being formed in us. .

After all it is the dead in Christ that will rise first........... not to be raptured away but "caught up" to heaven so that Christ the head in heaven is manifested as just as He is in heaven but through His Body on earth.

Blessing

Doug

2011/1/1 14:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Romans 7:23-25 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7:9-14 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

So then if the Law kills and the knowledge of it makes sin exceedingly sinful, How are we delivered, being delivered and will be delivered?

2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

There is only one answer; "Christ in you the Hope of Glory". This is not the Law, even though He is the only fulfillment of the Law, This is life by a Person who now lives in me. The Law can only give justice by the flesh keeping the whole Law, salvation of the flesh which no men can do. Even this salvation cannot save us from the curse of death. Only The Spirit of Christ birthed in us can give salvation that can bring us to the Father as sons.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Only the Law of Christ, by Grace through faith has saved me.

His obedience took my death and gave me life. "I myself, (which is now Christ in me,) serve the Law of God".

Who has set us free from the bondwoman's son? Who makes us free in the free woman's Son?

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ga 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Law or No Law but a new race of people unto God by His Son, We are His Body The Church corporately and individually.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/1/1 22:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy