SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : and the moon became as blood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lesserlight

and the moon became as blood

Revelation 6:12
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

FYI The moon is slated to appear red for several hours during the lunar eclipse coming up here on the 21st... Quite naturally the sun will be dark at the same time.

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/19 21:15Profile
RockSound

Victoria, Australia.

Re: and the moon became as blood

Hi Doug, are you saying that this event is quite normal within our solar system? I do agree that it is so. I do not think you are saying that this is the event to take place in the future as Rev: 6:12 tells us. The event to take place in Rev: 6:12 will be supernaturally timed together with a great, 'planet wide' earthquake as is His will, the great and terrible day of the Lord. I'd be very interested as to your own and others views or ideas on this much foretold event. By the by, will the visibility of this routine eclipse be seen in the southern hemisphere?
Look forward to your response and that of others.

2010/12/21 18:16Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Hi RockSound

Thank you for your reply

I had planned to watch this event but did not. I have dealing with my first head cold in several years and did not feel like being outside.

Anyway.......

As far as how things happen in real life IMO there is a lot that happens as Jesus said "as a thief in the night". So are we going to have an earthquake that will be felt around the world or will there be something more in line with when during the crucifixion there was an earthquake that caused many of the saints to come out of their graves........ I certainly hope for the latter that would result in a church that would be alive unto God that will give Jesus a place to rest His head....... that would make me happy.

As far as those who look for a literal earthquake; well according to Jesus literal earthquakes are the beginning of sorrows and we have already witnessed a significant increase in earthquakes over the last few decades. However there are plenty who think that Jesus is returning to a temple in Jerusalem yet to be built but I am not one of them.

On the other hand I do believe in the revelation of Jesus Christ that will cause a gathering of many saints to worship in spirit and in truth.

As far as the red moon and a dark sun goes....... the sun has been dark for a long long time now..... about as long as it has been since there has been an Apostle at the helm of the church. Malachi clearly correlates the sun and the Son to be the same but what does the red moon correlate with?

Revelation 12:1
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

The woman, the moon, Jerusalem, Israel etc etc are all metaphors of the church so what would happen that would cause the church to appear as blood?...... does it mean covered with the blood of Jesus? Possibly but I do not think so because if it did then the sun (Son) would not be dark.

What did Jesus say about Jerusalem that referred to blood and death, or to say it better, whose blood and whose death did Jesus blame Jerusalem for?

Jerusalem was famous for killing the prophets that God would send to them and John sees this happening again in the following verse that has to to do with the death of the two witnesses.

Revelation 11:8
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

So is the church going to be associated with the killing of the two witnesses? For sure the church already has plenty of blood on its hands from the inquisition, and all of the crusades etc etc but the two witnesses are prophets from God and unless one thinks that they have already come and gone must mean that they are still yet to appear.

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/22 12:34Profile
RockSound

Victoria, Australia.

Re:

Hi Doug, you have touched on more than a few threads here. So I will not try to explain my opinion on all. Jesus did say his reappearance would be "as a thief in the night". His reappearance will be not unexpected, but sudden after which His presence will be known to every eye on this planet, no one will be unaware of His presence. The great and terrible Day of the Lord is spoken of many times by the old testament prophets and by Jesus Himself. This event will not just rattle a few windows in a local area of some suburb, but will litterally shake the whole planet. It will not be pleasant to be on this planet on the Great Day of the Lord. I do have a reference for a very compelling site called the watchman bible study. In it, the author uses sound scripture to back his theories and explanations. These include the coming red moon eclipses of now and the coming 2014-2015 four blood red moon eclipses in a row. Among the library of the theories and information provided, is the proposal of a rouge 12th planet, reappearing at 90 degress to the current planetary eliptical plane. As this rouge planet or as it has been described, a failed brown dwarf star emitting only infrared light, passes it has the potential to cause planet wide pole shifts, earthquakes, continental shift, raining down cinders and hail. Sound familiar? Our Lord is certainly able to manipulate physical celestial objects, in perfect supernatural timing! God is most definitely in control, as is His will. I post here a link, if I may, leading to the feasts of Israel and the years 2014-2015. It is of note, that a blood red moon indicates trouble for Israel. As always when seeking and learning, do so with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, pray and ask Him to show you if these things are so and in agreement with scripture. http://www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/Articles/Feasts2014_15.htm

2010/12/26 17:19Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Interesting post RS

I will have to take a look at the link you posted.

I know zilch about astronomy but this link disputes the red moon being bad for Israel........ but I do not have a dog in the lunar versus solar eclipse fight.

http://www.churchofhouston.com/Audio%20files/BibleStudy/Blood_Moon_2015.pdf

What I did find interesting about celestial travel and time is the Mayan calendar that tracked Venus and the Earth with their relationship to the sun

Venus (that is called Lucifer on the Webster 1828 dictionary) fell from the sun that is matched by Isaiah when he spoke of lucifer son of the dawn falling from heaven (Isa. 14:12) that many say speaks of Satan while a small number says it speaks of the fall of Adam.

The same Mayan calendar has its well known ending on the winter solstice 2012 because the sun descends onto the earth...... of course Malachi equates the sun and the Son being one in the same as far as representation in the heavens goes.

What I do know for sure is that God has a reason for telling us not to get caught up study of the heavens so there is only so much time (as in so little time) that I will spend considering all of this......... still it is interesting as far as topics go.

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/26 18:48Profile
RockSound

Victoria, Australia.

Re:

I have cut and re-posted with added scripture, as per the following post.

2010/12/28 20:51Profile
RockSound

Victoria, Australia.

Re: and the moon became as blood

Hi Lesserlight,

Interesting link for the blood red moon eclipse information. Both our reference links do seem to contradict each other. I would say further study of both reference material and scripture would perhaps shed greater light on this subject. I find your comment about having 'only so much time to study the heavens', mildly surprising. As Christmas has just passed we are reminded of the three mysterious Maggi who traveled approximately four months, from Persia to Bethlehem to pay homage to the new born King. The Maggi, were learned mathematicians and astronomers whose study of the heavens foretold them of, and indeed guided them to where our Lord and saviour was born into His own creation. Astronomy is a noble science, mankind has gazed out at His creation for millenia in awe and wonder. Astronomy is not to be confused with astrology, which leads into the occult. Certainly, our Lord has said do not have anything to do with the occult or get caught up in occultic symbols, i.e. the zodiac, star signs etc...
I would like to further discuss some of the other topic threads you have mentioned, under their own headings. I think as far as discussing blood red moon eclipses, the links to some, not all, information are there for all who are interested to seek and discern. Matthew 2:1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,
Matthew 2:2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."

2011/1/8 16:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy