Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 19 MORNING

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 19 MORNING

Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness.

Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God. — Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. — The commandment is a lamp, and the law is light.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

PSA. 112:4. Isa. 50:10. Psa. 37:24. -Prov. 6:23. Mic. 7:8,9. Matt. 6:22,23.

2010/12/19 11:52Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 19 MORNING

Quote:
if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light

Lord, help me gaze to be on Christ and for Him to abounding in this mortal frame that I can be the reflection of your glory to lost and dying men.

This "one thing" I do.

2010/12/19 12:15Profile

Re: REFLECTIONS - DECEMBER 19 EVENINNG

Broken Bread
DAILY DEVOTIONS FROM THE DAILY LIGHT

by
Evan Hopkins

Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness.--Ps. 112:4

Light and darkness are often employed in Scripture as symbols of opposing moral conditions. Light is the emblem of holiness, of certainty, of joy. Darkness, on the other hand, is the symbol of sin, uncertainty, and sorrow. The text decLares that on the upright God's light will shine. By the upright we must understand not a sinless condition of soul, but a state of thoroughness. The morally upright are those whose posture is erect, honest, and sincere toward God. This is what God required of Abraham, "Walk thou before me, and be thou perfect"--ie., upright, thorough. They are upright in heart (Ps. 97:11). There may be seasons of darkness, in the sense of no assurance, no sensible comfort, no outward sign of God's presence; but there need be no darkness in the sense of actual estrangement through conscious transgression. This darkness is described in the words, "Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God" (Isa. 50:10)

2010/12/19 17:00

Re:

Ps. 97:
9 For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.

10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

2010/12/19 17:12

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy