SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : EVENT: New Year's Family Prayer Retreat

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

For people not available to sign-up for this event the audio and video recordings will be made available on SermonIndex for viewing after! there is still space and time to register for this event. I am looking forward to hearing testimonies of how God has touched lifes through this event.

2004/12/13 19:33Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: New Year's Family Prayer Retreat

Quote:
there is still space and time to register for this event

That's right, there's plenty of room. Please, anyone who feels a need to spend concentrated time in prayer, and meet others who share this burden, this is an event for you. The surroundings are perfect for individuals or whole families. If money is tight, let us know and we will waive your conference fee. Gas prices are running $1.93 locally. It's not too late to book a 2-week advance notice flight, if you do it right away. Also consider [url=http://www.greyhound.com/]Greyhound[/url]. Their 7-day advance tickets are really cheap. (If you can tolerate the bus :-P) Second traveler can go at half-price, too.

Mrs. Fred

2004/12/13 20:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Please, anyone who feels a need to spend concentrated time in prayer, and meet others who share this burden, this is an event for you.

"We must continue in prayer if we are to get an outpouring of the Spirit. Christ says there are some things we shall not get, unless we pray and fast, yes, "prayer and fasting."  We must control the flesh and abstain from whatever hinders direct fellowship with God."- Andrew Bonar 

"God will not let me get the blessing without asking. Today I am setting my face to fast and pray for enlightenment and refreshing. Until I can get up to the measure of at least two hours in pure prayer every day, I shall not be contented. Meditation and reading besides." - Andrew Bonar

“Revivals begin with God's own people; the Holy Spirit touches their heart anew, and gives them new fervor and compassion, and zeal, new light and life, and when He has thus come to you, He next goes forth to the valley of dry bones…Oh, what responsibility this lays on the Church of God! If you grieve Him away from yourselves, or hinder His visit, then the poor perishing world suffers sorely!” –Andrew A. Bonar

"Why is there so little forethought in the laying out of time and employment, so as secure a large portion of each day for prayer? Why is there so much speaking, yet so little prayer? Why Is there so much running to and fro to meetings, conventions, fellowship gatherings and yet so little time for prayer'? Brethren, why so many meetings with our fellow men and so few meetings with God?" - Andrew Bonar

"0h brother, pray; in spite of Satan, pray; spend hours in prayer; rather neglect friends than not pray; rather fast, and lose breakfast, dinner, tea, and supper - and sleep too - than not pray. And we must not talk about prayer, we must pray in right earnest. [b]The Lord is near. He comes softly while the virgins slumber[/b]." - Andrew A. Bonar

2004/12/13 22:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Its probably getting near to the last few days were people can register for this event! I encourage you to prayerfully consider going. It will definetly be a blessing.

2004/12/16 23:44Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re:

We got a call from a family who ministers in northern Mexico, Bill & Pat Risley. They will be coming for Friday & Sat. We hope they will share their testimonies of what God has done with them in the past 10 years. They've led [b]thousands[/b] of Mexicans to the Lord through their own simple bible studies. Their converts turn around and begin teaching the bible to their relatives and friends. A church in Tucson has now taken over some of the printing on their personal conputers - 12,000 bible studies! They cannot possibly keep up with the demand, praise God.

David Smithers also called and we're very excited at his heart for revival and prayer.

Those of you who are within 1-2 days' drive, please consider coming for even half a day. We can accomodate you. Any money collected from registration, etc. will go to David Smithers. The Lord has made this possible and we are His grateful and awe-struck servants.

Mrs. Fred

2004/12/22 16:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Those of you who are within 1-2 days' drive, please consider coming for even half a day. We can accomodate you. Any money collected from registration, etc. will go to David Smithers. The Lord has made this possible and we are His grateful and awe-struck servants.

Praise the Lord! yes I will be praying here! Sorry I am not able to make it.. the Lord definetly has had plans for me to stay.. I will be going to california jan 10th. But I will be getting up the video/audio after from brother Chad.. so I don't feel as that I am 100% missing out. WOW that sounds awesome mrs fred about the missionary couple. This is surely going to be a tremendous blessing to those who can attend. I have not been able to send a package with materials unfortunately if you could print out some flyers that would be great to give to people that attend. I am definetly working on getting resources prepared so that for future events I can have a display and materials.

2004/12/22 16:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
First Annual New Year's Family Prayer Retreat Friday Dec. 31 to Sunday Jan. 2

I would ask that everyone be in prayer regarding this event! I am excited to hear what the Lord is going to do. Keep us updated Mrs Fred and others as you get a chance.

2004/12/29 22:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear saints let me remind you to be in prayer for David Smithers as he is delivering the Word of God and for others who are being ministered to by the Holy Spirit. May God grip some people this weekend so mightly that they will never be the same again!

2005/1/1 11:31Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I am interested to know how this retreat went, I had hoped to attend myself but was not able.

Was there any recordings of mr. Smithers made at this event?

In Christ,

Ron

2005/1/11 9:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thanks Ron,

Was wondering about this the other day as well, how it all went...

Besides, we miss you Mrs. Fred :-(

2005/1/11 22:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy