Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 17 MORNING

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 17 MORNING

Quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

It is the Spirit that quickeneth. - The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance.

I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me. - The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. - The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. - If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. - This is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.

No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

PSA. 80:18. John 6:63. Rom. 8:26,27. Eph. 6:18. Psa. 119:93. John 6:63. II Cor. 3:6. -John 15:7. I John 5:14. I Cor. 12:3.

2010/12/17 12:37Profile

REFLECTIONS - DECEMBER 17 EVENING

Broken Bread
DAILY DEVOTIONS FROM THE DAILY LIGHT

by
Evan Hopkins

Quicken us, and we will call upon Thy name.--Ps. 80:18

Dr. Kay renders it--"Thou shalt revive us, and we shall call on Thy name." It is the mark of the revived and awakened soul that it begins at once to call on God with reality and power. All coldness of spirit and formality are at an end. The beginning of such a revival is seen in the soul's desire to be quickened. There is a sense of deadness and a conscoiusness of weakness. The soul begins to cry to God for renewed vitality and power. And when the fullness of life does come, nothing is more marked than the change that takes place in the soul's intercourse with God. There is a joy of heart and a freedom of spirit before the throne that was never known before. "Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?" (Ps. 85:6). Looking at the preceeding verses, we notice how this thought runs through the whole Psalm (80). "Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved" (v.3). The same word occurs again in verse 7, and with a sleight modification in verse 19, and in verse 14.

2010/12/17 16:15

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy