Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : MANIFESTATION

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

MANIFESTATION

MANIFESTATION

By Lahry Sibley

1 Cor 12: 7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the [Holy] Spirit [the evidence, the spiritual illumination of the Spirit] for good and profit.

Nothing in God’s kingdom is without purpose and design. He is not limited to the use of people to get His will accomplished, He simply chooses this method because He desires to work in us and through us, that we have a sense of belonging to His family.

What happens in His kingdom that is of God, is in, of, and through the working of the Holy Spirit. He places an anointing on each one that belong to God for the gifts He has given to become active in us.

Anointing is the power of God, to do what He has called us to do. It is almost as if we are more of an observer, watching God work through us, knowing full well that what is happening at any given moment is far bigger than who we are by ourselves.

Some would read this verse above and define profit as conducting large conferences, writing and selling books, pastoring mega churches, etc. Profit does mean gain, but it is a spiritual gain that He is speaking of through the Apostle above. The profit mentioned is for the edification and prosperity of the whole Body of Christ, for we are all in this together.

3Jn 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Prosperity of the soul can only happen through the indwelling of the soul by the Holy Spirit. He gives “gifts” (plural) to men.

Since they are “gifts”, and not something any one merits, bragging rights vanish, that is in the real church. Now in the so called churches, there is much boasting, especially in Pentecostal and Charasmatic circles. “I’ve got the gift of healing”. Or, “I’ve got the gift of tongues”, the list goes on, ad nauseum.

Well, I have the Holy Spirit alive down in my soul. Where He leads me, He will equip me for whatever I encounter. I will have exactly the right gift available at the right time to accomplish the will and purpose of God in my life and the lives of others. The critical factor is this. I must walk in obedience, and I must follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

If a person claims “I have the Holy Ghost”, and yet they admittedly walk in continual sin, they are liars. Plain and simple. Liars. Why? I’m so glad you asked.

The Apostle Peter had this to say about that…..

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Did you catch that last phrase? The Holy Spirit is given by God to those who obey Him.

All sin is disobedience. All unrighteousness is sin. To know to do good and not do it is sin. Those who love God, sin not. Sin is a transgression of God’s law, in whole are in part. It is a willful transgression.

Hebrews 10 clearly and explicitly makes this distinction.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Admittedly, when I hear someone say they “have the Holy Ghost”, I become very suspect of that person. Because Jesus said when the Holy Spirit comes, He will testify of me. A Spirit filled life is a life that is all about Jesus. Paul said, “it is no longer I who live, but Christ liveth in me”. Glory to God.

I’m my beloved’s and He is mine. I know Him and He knows me. He is my Shepherd and I live to follow Him. I don’t need to know where He is leading me. The only important thing is that I am led by Him. I am following. That means I am continually moving on in Him. To do that, I must leave where I’ve been. Oh I love change, and in Him, it’s continually and exciting. Glory to God.

Jesus had this to say about “manifestation”…….

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

And I know that if I need His Power working in me and through me to accomplish His will and purpose, I don’t’ have to be anxious about it. I just walk it out. He gives “severally” as “He wills”. Aren’t you glad you know the truth today? When you are empowered by God, to do His will, and live for only that, each day is an exciting adventure in God. You just never know what may happen next. Glory to God!!!!! Can we worship Him together today? Amen and amen. – Lahry

2010/12/17 12:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy