SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : MY PROMISE IS ALL YOU NEED by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

MY PROMISE IS ALL YOU NEED by David Wilkerson

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
MY PROMISE IS ALL YOU NEED

Faith is very demanding. It demands that once we hear God’s Word, we’re to obey it, with no other evidence to direct us. It doesn’t matter how big our obstacles may be, how impossible our circumstances. We’re to believe his Word and act on it, with no other proof to go on. God says, “My promise is all you need.”

Like every generation before us, we also wonder, “Lord, why am I faced with this test? It’s beyond my comprehension. You’ve allowed so many things in my life that don’t make sense. Why is there no explanation for what I’m going through? Why is my soul so troubled, so filled with great trials?”

Hear me again: The demands of faith are totally unreasonable to humankind. So, how does the Lord answer our cries? He sends his Word, reminding us of his promises. And he says, “Simply obey me. Trust my Word to you.” He accepts no excuse, no wavering, no matter how impossible our circumstances may seem.

Please don’t misunderstand me. Our God is a loving Father. And he doesn’t allow his people to suffer indiscriminately, for no reason. We know he has at his disposal all the power and willingness to make every problem and heartbreak go away. He can merely speak a word, and rid us of every trial and struggle.

Yet, the fact is, God isn’t going to show us how or when he’ll fulfill his promises to us. Why? He doesn’t owe us any explanation, when he has already given us the answer. He’s given us everything we need for life and godliness in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is all we need for every situation life throws at us. And God is going to stand on the Word he has already revealed: “You have my Word within your reach. My promises to you are yea and amen to all who believe. So, rest on my Word. Believe it and obey it.”

2010/12/14 12:58Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re: MY PROMISE IS ALL YOU NEED by David Wilkerson

Amen.

2010/12/14 23:03Profile
Boutato

Re:

I do like not Wilkerson. Pray to Jabez and get the money?

No. Not nice to God to use like gene in bottle.

Love God even if you get not money form him.

2010/12/17 12:05Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I understand your concern but you may be confusing David Wilkerson and his ministry with some that are doing as you have charged him. Take a look on their web page at what they are doing. Many people do give because we are thankful we can give where people being delivered, set free and raised up to serve Jesus Christ their Savior. Glory to God for this. This is only part of what his ministry is doing.
Please go to
http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/about_ministries

you may also listen to sermons for FREE and on Sunday morning you can listen to the whole Sunday service live for free on the internet. Glory to God.

http://www.tscnyc.org/live_events.php

World Challenge Missions
World Challenge, Inc. supports a myriad of missionaries and outreaches throughout the world. Thousands upon thousands of children are being fed every day and given Christian education. Orphanages, schools and clinics have been opened, drug rehab centers established, churches built and missionaries supported. Teams have been sent worldwide to provide humanitarian aid, medical and dental care and assistance to national ministries.

Visit our World Challenge Missions page for reports, photos, testimonies, and stories about World Challenge's missions, outreach ministries, and charitable works.

Please Pass the Bread
Please Pass the Bread is a ministry that reaches into the darkest slums around the world to develop sustainable feeding programs and bring the Gospel to those in most desperate need.
Aid to Haiti Today
Aid to Haiti Today is a cooperative effort among churches willing to send teams to help victims in Haiti. The ministry is looking for teams of doctors, nurses, dentists, construction workers, counselors and children’s ministry workers for one week mission excursions to Haiti.
Mount Hope
A World Challenge ministry located in northern New Jersey, Camp Hope is our residential home for homeless or destitute women and their children. It provides a safe haven where residents can live for 18 months, receiving counsel and training in a Christ- centered environment. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, the women are brought into a relationship with Jesus Christ and taught the biblical foundation for Christian living. As a result of their relationship with God, daughters are restored to their families, wives to their husbands, and mothers to their children.
Pastors' Conferences
After many years of pastoring, God placed a burden in Reverend Wilkerson's heart for pastors and their spouses. To date, Reverend Wilkerson and his son, Gary, have ministered in over 50 countries. Their messages have stirred, encouraged, and edified those who have attended. To find out more about these conferences, please visit the conferences section of our Web site.

May the Lord bless you and speak to your heart regarding David Wilkerson. Ask God to show you truth about David Wilkerson. The Lord is faithful.

2010/12/17 13:23Profile
mackaymarsh

Re:

Quote:
by Boutato on 2010/12/17 9:05:17 I do like not Wilkerson. Pray to Jabez and get the money? No. Not nice to God to use like gene in bottle. Love God even if you get not money form him.

Boutato, You have David Wilkerson confused with another author who wrote the little book called the "Prayer of Jabez." His last name is very similar to David Wilkerson.

{Edit: the other man's name is Bruce Wilkinson}

Just thought you would like to know.
Wayne

2010/12/17 14:36Profile
Relinquished

Re: David Wilkerson

David Wilkerson is a charismatic and false prophet, Boutato. Don't read anything by him either.

2010/12/17 14:56Profile
Marcie_C

Re:

I am fairly certain Boutato is correct. David Wilkerson wrote "The Prayer of Jabez." Did he come out with a sequel? I didn't see it on the website that was posted on the thread.

2010/12/17 15:03Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

http://www.wilkersonpublications.com/

All the books written by David Wilkerson.

You can see here David Wilkerson's books he has written. Some here are by his wife and daughter and William Gurnall. Here is some homework I did for you on the subject. I pray this will be of value to you. You will see the prayer of Jabez is definitely not one David Wilkerson has written. Glory to God.

David Wilkerson is a mighty man of God.

May the Lord bless you and your desire for truth. God is faithful. Amen

Here is the author of the book The Prayer of Jabez.

http://www.thejabezprayer.com/ Bruce Wilkinson is the author.

You will see the last names are very similar.

I was talking to the Lord this morning and we need to pray for those who are watering down the Gospel, or preaching & teaching incorrectly for whatever reason. That they would see the truth and repent and walk in truth and preach it and teach it. That would be an awesome thing if all or even just one would turn to God in Spirit and in Truth. And bring many with them. Be glorified here Lord, be glorified. Amen

2010/12/19 10:55Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

Very classy joyful heart,

we all speak to fast in life, we are to be swift to hear and slow to speak

2010/12/19 11:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy