Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 14 MORNING

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 14 MORNING

Make his praise glorious.

This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. - I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me. And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth. - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. - Who is like unto thee, O LORD, ... glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? - I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. - They sing the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty.

PSA. 66:2. Isa. 43:21. Jer. 33:8,9. Heb. 13:15. Psa. 86:12,13. Exo. 15:11. Psa. 69:30. Rev. 15:3.

2010/12/14 12:14Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 14 MORNING

Oh, Amen and Amen. This brought tears of joy reading this and praising my Lord and Savior. You are worthy O'God, You are worthy!

2010/12/14 14:07Profile

REFLECTIONS - DECEMBER 14 EVENING

Broken Bread
DAILY DEVOTIONS FROM THE DAILY LIGHT

by
Evan Hopkins

Make his praise glorious.--Ps. 66:2

Or, as Dr. Kay renders it, "Ascribe glory in your praise of Him" (compare Isa. 42:12). "In praising Him, recognize His glory. To dwell on His kindness to us personally is good and right; yet it is not the highest style of praise. That requires us to set His holy and glorious Being before us in all its grandeur and elevation" (from Von Gerlach). Mark the difference between prayer and adoration. When we pray, our thoughts are more or less centered on our own need and on the supply of that need. But when we worship Him, our thoughts are fixed on the Lord Himself. His glory and majesty, His power and goodness, fill the whole horizon of our spiritual vision. Then it is that we praise Him, not merely for what He does--for His gifts to us--but for what He is--for the infinite perfections of His character. In praising Him, let us thus recognize His glory. We have been created and redeemed that we should be "to the praise of the glory of his grace" (Eph. 1:6). "This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise." (Isa. 43:21). "I will praise thee, oh Lord . . . I will glorify thy name for evermore" (Ps. 86:12).

2010/12/14 18:22

Re: REFLECTIONS - DECEMBER 14 EVENING

OH YEA!
YES!

GLORY TO OUR GOD WHO REIGNS:
SOVEREIGN MAJESTY FOREVER FROM THE HIGHEST OF HEIGHTS EVEN TO THE DEEPEST DEPTHS!

HIS LOVING KINDNESS ENDURES FOREVER AND EVER!

AMEN.

2010/12/14 18:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy