SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Evangelical TV show pulled from the air

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Evangelical TV show pulled from the air

Christian broadcaster Crossroads Television System (CTS) has been found in violation of broadcasting codes for statements made by evangelical television personality and minister Charles McVety that implied there was a "malevolent, insidious and conspiratorial purpose" to the activities of homosexuals.

Rev. McVety said he was told Thursday by CTS that his show, Word TV, would be temporarily pulled from the air. "My good name has been impugned by this report."

On air he expressed opposition to the use of taxpayer money to fund the pride parade, questioned whether it really brought tourists to the region and called it a "sex parade." ...

read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/Evangelical+show+pulled+from/3956044/story.html

2010/12/13 12:22Profile

Re: Evangelical TV show pulled from the air

Praise the Lord for his courage! It will get worse. The church is to be salt and light. If no one says any thing people will go to hell Un warned and we will be responsible.

Ezekiel 3:18-19

18 When I say to a wicked man, ‘You will surely die, ’ and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.

2010/12/13 15:18
staff

Re: Evangelical TV show pulled from the air

hi,This man was correct and had courage,I sometimes think it would be better if all christian channels were off the air though!!I have 14 christian channels and only two of them are watchable.I am embarrassed to look at them they are so bad.However on the other hand by putting them all of the air we would be lying down under tyrany but we would be getting rid of all the bad ones ..There is no way the church is winning when it comes to christian Tv Channels thats if winning is the right term but basically we are not on top.
TV Evangelists are a disaster, it just cant go on.We look like idiots.The world will not be evangelized by Tv anyway.However after saying all that I would also thank God for the good programmes and the good channels,staff

2010/12/13 20:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy