Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : THE WAY OF DEATH

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

THE WAY OF DEATH

THE WAY OF DEATH

By Lahry Sibley

Proverbs 14: 12 There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death.

Surely this is one of the most familiar verses in Proverbs. There are few words that could more clearly define the direction of incorporated church in America and around the world.

Everyone seems to be doing what seems right in their own eyes without regard or scrutiny of Biblical truth and light. Because even the leadership is walking blind, the congregations are walking blind, and no one notices the darkness. It seems right because everyone is walking the same way, and since the road is nice and wide, there seems to be little or no danger, and no one sounding the alarm. Life is good, all is well, or so they think. The way before them seems straight, and they are encouraged to keep walking the way they are walking, because it is how everyone around them is walking.

This is like riding in the Niagara River on a raft upstream of Niagara Falls. The river is wide, peaceful, and the water is moving along. Signs of life line the shores. No one in the raft is aware that there is sudden and horrible death just around the bend. So they are singing songs and eating snacks and talking about everything under the sun, completely out of touch with the reality that they are in fact living out the last few moments of their lives. They did not get into the raft to die. They got in to enjoy the ride. There was such a festive atmosphere where they boarded. Everything “SEEMED RIGHT”.

“Now who is this person who is running along the bank shouting and waving his hands? What’s that he’s saying? Romans what? He’s probably jealous because he’s not out here enjoying the ride with us. Pass the wine and the cheese please.” And so along they go, bend after bend….but wait, “what is that “spray” ahead? What is that roar that I hear. What was that guy saying along the bank? Does anyone have a paddle?”

By the time they realize there is NO ESCAPE, it’s too late and death receives them at the bottom of the falls.
Isn’t that what’s happening in our so called churches today, folks? Just one big happy family gliding along a path that seems right. And that prophet who keeps pleading for them to wake up and realize that the way they are going is not “the Way, the Truth, and the Life” is ignored, pushed aside, discredited, or simply cannot be heard for the roar of other voices. And of course the “tour guide” , the pastor is all the while directing them, “right this way”.

Friends, there’s only ONE WAY. The CROSS of Calvary. Any pastor, any deacon, any bishop, any Sunday School teacher, any one who says they are a Christian, and yet point to another path besides the one that has the CROSS standing in the middle of it, is a liar and a thief. They are tour guides on a death trip, but not death on the CROSS. They are offering you an alternative route, accept Jesus and you will have eternal life, sins and all. The sign on the road says “Grace fellowship”. It means grace covers all sins, past present, and future. It’s name would be more appropriately called “Titanic Fellowship”. For it claims no one can sink it, not even the gates of hell can prevail against it. You walk inside and there’s no sign of a symbol of redemption (a CROSS) anywhere to be seen. People are smiling, handing you a cup of coffee and a roll and assuring you, you are at the right place at the right time, and everyone loves you unconditionally(that means sin and all), even God. Psalm 23 is their anthem, and after all, its in the Bible, so there is no cause for alarm. All is well. Peace, peace. “God is good, all the time”. But what they mean, is “God is good to us, even though we are just as sin soaked as folks who don’t go to church”. The fact is, their path that seems right cannot be proven in scripture, and the end of their journey will send them straight to hell along with the most ruthless and evil of men.

“Now what was that guy that was running along the banks shouting again”? “Romans what”? “The Romans are coming” “Ha, ha, ha, I doubt that”! “What’s that, Romans 12:1” “Oh whatever”. “Does he pastor a church?” “No? Then who wants to listen to someone like that? What does he know”? “Ha, ha, ha”……..

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

“Now what on earth, pray tell, is a living sacrifice? I happen to know that God wants us to have our best life now. He wants me to be in health and prosper, even as my soul prospers. He said whatever I wanted, I could name it and claim it”. “Does that sound like sacrifice to you? Me either, ha, ha, ha, ha”!

Saints you know how pathetic this is because you know this chronicles most churches today. They celebrate a “christless “ pentecost because there has not been any mention of repentance. No repentance, no obedience, no Holy Spirit, and the repentance must COME FIRST. (Acts 2:38, 5:32)

The Gospel that Paul preached is Jesus Christ and Him crucified. He preaches our death with Christ, that we may then and only then have hope of reigning with Him as victors over sin and death for all eternity.
If only that little fellow running along the bank had gotten them to hear Romans 12:1, and perhaps 2, they would have jumped overboard before it was too late.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

There is so much “world” in the church, that you can’t tell the difference from them and the Elks Lodge, inside or out, except maybe for the steeple outside on the roof. You know, that remembrance of the tower of babble that adorns the roofs of “churches”? If that’s on the outside, you can be assured that’s about all there is on the inside. People trying to erect and entrance into heaven that bypasses the CROSS.

Ok, ok, I’ll stop with that. But you get the picture I’m sure. What does God’s Word say?

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Come out from these idol worshipping groups that call themselves Christians, but have not knowledge of sin, repentance, character, integrity, and life eternal. COME OUT from among them! If you don’t, HE CANNOT RECEIVE YOU!!!! Selah.

“Bro. Lahry, if I do, where will I go for fellowship? Al l the churches in my town are like this.” Beloved, did you expect a crowd on the narrow way? Do like I do. I come here, online, where the remnant meets. Now don’t get me wrong. If there were remnant people here in my town, I’d gladly fellowship with them. If they are here, I have not met them.

Church folks here walk in the same bondage of denominational division as church folks in your town. Every service every year is a rubber stamp of the last one. Their baptistry has dust in the bottom of it, it hasn’t been used in so long. They have no discipleship training because there are no new disciples to train. They are in a religious squirrel cage of going nowhere. And you insult them to even suggest such a thing to them. Blind leading the blind. Living in the traditions of men. Traveling a way that seems right. Only seeing amusements and entertainments in the “travel guide”, and death waiting just around the bend.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

How does your life measure up, when compared to the CROSS? Is there something between your soul and your Savior? That something is called “idolatry”, and God hates idolatry. You know that much. Is your church an idol? Is there yet sin in your life, and nobody at your church notices or cares, much less has a remedy for sin? Examine yourselves. REPENT!!!! Or PERISH!!!! - Lahry

2010/12/12 12:34Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: THE WAY OF DEATH

"always bearing about in the body the
dying of Jesus, that the life of Jesus
also may be manifested in our body.
For we who live are constantly being
delivered over to death for Jesus' sake,
that the life of Jesus also may be
manifested in our mortal flesh."

2 Corinthians 4 vs 9-10

2010/12/12 14:31Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

Thank you for that, sojourner. God bless you....

2010/12/13 1:39Profile
MaryJane

Re: THE WAY OF DEATH

Greetings
There was a time in my walk when I would have agreed with this completely but I am not of the same heart as I once was.

Quote:
“Bro. Lahry, if I do, where will I go for fellowship? Al l the churches in my town are like this.” Beloved, did you expect a crowd on the narrow way? Do like I do. I come here, online, where the remnant meets. Now don’t get me wrong. If there were remnant people here in my town, I’d gladly fellowship with them. If they are here, I have not met them.

One line stood out to me so clearly in this. "Come here online where the remnant meets." I use to think that was enough also. I use to believe that I could have true daily fellowship with others from behind my keyboard and walk with them and the Lord but I have seen that its not really the same thing. There is not the same closeness that is shared when we are joined together in person, caring for one another, serving one another daily. I can pray for others here but I can't reach through the screen and hold a sister close when her heart is aching. I can reassure another of the Lords love for them but I can not demonstrate that love to them daily in real practical ways online. I can not meet needs or lay down my life for a fellow believer when all we have is online contact. I can offer council and encourage another to walk upright in the ways of the Lord but where is the accountability that would follow if we walked together in Him? I do not believe that online fellowship can take the place of daily fellowship amongst believers. I now believe that even if it means that I should get up and move and change things about my daily life in order to find those who love the Lord and belong to Him that is what I should be doing so that I might have fellowship in person with other believers. I honestly believe if I earnestly seek out other believers to fellowship with God will allow our paths to cross.

Thank you for sharing
God bless
mary

2010/12/13 11:52Profile
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

Re:

Excellent points, Mary, and I do so agree with you. One does not displace the other. Both are needed. I have people here that I fellowship with, teach, preach, and mentor too all over the world. It is all the "truth" that they get. I want to go to India right now for two months and see many of these people in person. There is nothing like a personal visit. I have my passport and a 5 year visa. Now all I need is the $3,000 to get me there and meet expenses while there for 2 months. Would you pray with me that God will raise up a parter(s) for me so I can depart. I'm waiting on His provision. God bless you and thank you again for the precious testimony.

"O"

2010/12/13 17:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy