SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Jael and Sisera

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Jael and Sisera

"She reached out her hand for the tent peg, And her right hand for the workmen's hammer. Then she struck Sisera, she smashed his head; And she shattered and pierced his temple. (Judges 5:46)

Like Jael brought Sisera into her tent we invite Sin in to be our master. Sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you..." (Genesis 4:7) And like Sisera, Sin says to us "Stand in the doorway of the tent, and it shall be if anyone comes and inquires of you, and says, 'Is there anyone here?' that you shall say, 'No." and Sin says to us "Please give me a little water to drink, for I am thirsty". Instead of giving Sin what it desires we should put it to bed with the pure milk of the Word and instead of protecting it we should be like Jael and nail it to the Cross by the hammer of the Holy Spirit because "You must master it"(Genesis 4:7) The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."(1 Corinthians 15:56-57)"For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace."(Romans 6:14) We are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ! "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39)

2010/12/8 20:25Profile

Re: Jael and Sisera

This is very good. Sin or satan is addressed in your post. Thank you.

2010/12/10 0:24
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Sin or satan is addressed in your post

"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." (Romans 16:20)

"Between her feet he bowed, he fell, he lay; Between her feet he bowed, he fell; Where he bowed, there he fell dead.(Judges 5:27)

"young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one." (1 John 2:14)

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might." (Ephesians 6:10)

God bless you in Christ Jesus

2010/12/10 4:16Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Praise God for the victory He gives us in Christ!

In this war, the world must be crucified to us (and we to the world), the devil resisted, and sinful flesh put to death!
(Galatians 6:14, James 4:7, Colossians 3:5, Romans 8:13)

Who will deliver us from this body of death? Who will deliver us from the devil? Who will deliver us from the world? Thanks be to God: through Jesus Christ our Lord!

(Romans 7:25, Hebrews 2:14, Ephesians 2:1-7, John 15:18-21, 1John 5:4)

2010/12/10 9:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
Instead of giving Sin what it desires we should put it to bed with the pure milk of the Word and instead of protecting it we should be like Jael and nail it to the Cross by the hammer of the Holy Spirit

I love these Scripture replies today --- Behold, The WORD of GOD!

Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos,

for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last ........
Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and "his voice as the sound of many waters".
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went "a sharp two edged sword": and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Edit to add - CrsRef for Rev 1:15 = Eze 43:2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: "and his voice was like a noise of many waters": and the earth shined with his glory.

2010/12/10 9:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy