SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : China Launches Major Crackdown on House Churches, Labels Them a 'Cult'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

China Launches Major Crackdown on House Churches, Labels Them a 'Cult'

Got this in my email today - am posting this for your information. This should concern all Believers who care for their suffering Brethren.
ginnyrose

China Launches Major Crackdown on House Churches, Labels Them a 'Cult'

BEIJING, Dec. 7, 2010 /Christian Newswire/ -- In a grave and troubling setback, Chinese authorities last week launched a crackdown directed at Christians who belong to China's vast network of unregistered house churches, calling a "cult" one of the fastest-growing populations of Christians in the world, according to top-secret information obtained by ChinaAid Association.

The all-powerful Politburo of the Chinese Communist Party launched "Operation Deterrence" on Dec. 1. According to the Politburo's top-secret instructions, the crackdown on the largest component of the mainland Chinese church is to continue through March 2011, and the party's Central Committee for Comprehensive Management of Social order, the foot soldiers of China's security apparatus, have been notified to collect information about house churches throughout the country and turn these reports in to their superiors. A long "blacklist" of church leaders and influential believers reportedly has been drawn up.

Perhaps unbeknownst to China's atheist Communist leaders, the start of the crackdown coincides with Advent, marked by Christians worldwide as the season leading up to the celebration of the greatest historical event of Christianity: the birth of Jesus Christ, the son of God, to save mankind from sin and eternal damnation.

Operation Deterrence harks back to the previous era of hostilities and often brutal government persecution that had for decades driven unknown hundreds of thousands of believers "underground," worshipping in secret and fearing for their lives and freedom.

That could result in the more practical and immediate -- and chilling -- possibility that the same measures that have long been used against practitioners of Falungong, which the Beijing regime labeled a cult in late 1999, can now be employed against house church Christians. The Chinese government's brutal systematic campaign against Falungong since July 1999 has earned it worldwide censure.

Beijing authorities very effectively turned the tide of public opinion against the non-violent, meditating Falungong practitioners by using the same re-labeling tactic they are now adopting with the house church Christians. Originally regarded as an apolitical qigong exercise group, Falungong was reclassified by the government as "an evil cult," "a sect" and "superstition," and a subsequent all-out government media campaign eroded any public opposition to the government's crackdown on Falungong.

Full story:
http://www.chinaaid.org/2010/12/china-launches-major-crackdown-on-house.html
Christian Communication Network | 2020 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW | Washington | DC | 20006

2010/12/7 21:08Profile
JoanM

Re: China Launches Major Crackdown on House Churches, Labels Them a 'Cult'

Thank you for posting this Ginnyrose. I pray for brothers and sisters suffering persecution, a small fellowship group of us do.

This is a very serious escalation that reminds me of the Boxer rebellion, even Mao's cleansing.

Among the things I am learning in Isaiah, He IS King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Man just thinks man governs man.

2010/12/7 23:10Profile

Re:

We loose your holy angels to protect your people. In Jesus name.

2010/12/8 9:49

Re: Suffering adversity..........

This will no doubt strengthen the vast church in China, in purity and resolve. Historically, in each instance, it always has, and it always will.

The economic zones, where China's industry is, enjoys relative freedom in worship anyway,even outside of the three-self state church. Bibles are for sale in the market, and there is little or no restrictions, except that unauthorized visits to the western churches is not allowed.

The state church has buildings,pews,and sermons and a citizen is allowed to go and serve there at any time. They have state sanctioned sermons, and the 3 in the three self is simply: happiness, health and prosperity. This is the basics that all men have strove for since Cain and Abel.

The state church isn't a cult though.

Hebrews 13:3. (King James Version)

3. "Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body."

We must remember them...for they do suffer. They surely will remember us when it is our turn, and that may be sooner than we think.

2010/12/8 12:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have been told that the persecuted brethren do not pray that persecution would lift but that they remain faithful.

Russian Christians have lamented the freedom that came their way after perestroika became the norm because of the apostasy that flooded their country after people were granted freedoms that heretofore where unknown.

I do wonder how successful the Chinese gov will be in turning public opinion against Christianity. I wonder whether it will backfire....seems like it would have to because you are dealing with God, not man. It may not be apparent immediately, it might take time, but I suspect it will be forthcoming.

2010/12/8 14:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy