SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bibles Needed: The Power of Collaboration!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: I Met the Death Defeaters!

Last night my husband and I and one of the guys from our youth group got to meet the Death Defeaters at an event down in San Diego! I wanted to see what they did in person. It was SUCH a blessing to get to hear their heart behind what they do and listen to testimonies of how they've been able to reach out to the community. As soon as I met Loli she was telling me how when they were at a bar one of the guys there said, "I just can't get away from God," and they were able to give him a Bible. Who knows how many stories they have like that?! It was so cool watching her talk to people who showed an interest in their booth and she was SO faithful to pass out those Bibles!

They were SO appreciative of all the Bibles that have come in! We're their main Bible providers right now. My hope and prayer is to connect them with other churches and ministries that will catch the vision to help out too. I mean, yeah, we've been able to collect more than 350 Bibles for them at this point which, yes, is awesome, but just think about how many more could potentially come in if more of the body of Christ worked together.

I was SO excited to hear our youth pastor tell me that we're going to keep collecting Bibles past Christmas and still go for our 500 Bible goal. I realize that the cost to ship a box of Bibles from where you may be might not be feasible, BUT if you do have the means, or if you happen to be close by, please consider helping us. It really is amazing where and who God is able to reach through this ministry.

Please mail your Bibles to:

ATTN Esco Youth Group
Calvary Chapel of Escondido
1675 Seven Oaks Road
Escondido, CA 92026

Again, for those of you who have helped, thank you SO much!

P.S. lylewise, you had suggested,

Quote:
"placing within each of the bibles a testimony from a fellow saint from your body. It would be good for the kids to understand its importance as well as those who will be the recipients of such a mighty and powerful transforming word."

Well, to let you know, there were testimonies recorded on CD at the Death Defeaters booth that they were handing out with the Bibles. They gave us one and just the part I got to hear in the car on the drive home was SO inspirational! A part of one of the testimonies was how reading the Bible, on a plane ride, for 6 hours, transformed this guy's life!

2010/12/20 13:07Profile
mama27

Re:

It is possible to send the Bibles by "Media Mail" through the US Postal Service, and the cost is not so prohibitive. It takes a bit longer, but if the drive is going to go on past Christmas, this may make it more feasible for some people to help. Also if people feel led to donate, there are online sources such as Amazon, or Christian Book Distributors where you can get more inexpensive Bibles, and then just one shipping charge which usually isn't too bad if you choose the option that takes a few days longer.

2010/12/20 15:08Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Shipping Tips

Oh wow! Thanks for the tips "mama27." =)

2010/12/20 16:38Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

I found a place online that will sell a case (20) of KJV Bibles for $65.
Shipping is FREE.
Look Here:

http://www.inspire4less.com/christian/bibles-by-the-case/gift-award-bible-kjv-white-zondervan-publishing/9780310938842/product-details?pID=134210

2010/12/27 13:39Profile
mama27

Re:

You're welcome.....how many Bibles are you up to yet??

2010/12/27 14:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I sent a box of a few bibles that should be there soon.

2010/12/27 15:49Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I know it's late, but sending a box here in a half-hour...God Bless!

2010/12/29 15:20Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Greg, we received your Bibles! Thank you SO much! I found out at church on Sunday!

"Areadymind," it's NOT late and THANK YOU! Our goal was 500 Bibles by Christmas but our Youth Pastor decided to extend the collection time until we reach our goal. I don't know the EXACT count at this point, but we ARE more than half way to 400 Bibles!

I will try my best to keep you all up to date on how many Bibles you've helped us collect and any praise reports I may have to share. =)

2010/12/31 2:46Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

A BIG Thank You!

Thanks to all of you who helped out from the Sermon Index community, we have collected over 400 Bibles! Your donations were a blessing and an encouragement! Thank you!

2011/1/10 18:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy