SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bibles Needed: The Power of Collaboration!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I am encouraging the saints on sermonindex to get behind this endavour! may 1000 bibles come in to be given to those that don't have any!

2010/12/12 17:17Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Wow - 1,000! Wouldn't that be something? [laughs] I'll admit, my vision wasn't THAT big! I asked our Youth Pastor on Sunday how many Bibles we were up to and he said 288. I thought MAYBE, with all of your help, we would get up to 300. I can't wait to hear what the count will be once your boxes arrive!

I'm planning on going Bible hunting again tomorrow and check our library's used bookstore and the local thrift stores. I've been told that the Salvation Army will give any Bibles they have away for free if you ask them!

2010/12/14 1:08Profile

Re:

Don't tire of any well-doing:
walking the straight and narrow path of holiness
all the way to New Jerusalem.

2010/12/14 9:30
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I posted this quote yesterday as my Facebook status in relation to what God's been teaching me through this Bible drive:

Quote:
"We should measure success not just by the goal we're shooting for, but also by how well we work together to get there" {Do Hard Things: The Power of Collaboration}.

It's been SO encouraging to see the fruits of God inspiring me to ask for help and not just try to do this on my own. I know what Alex and Brett Harris meant when they wrote,

Quote:
"There's something inside a living being that rises to accomplish exponentially greater things when part of a team.

God has made all of us to be more effective when we work in fellowship with others."

God also reminded me, in the midst of all this Bible requesting and hunting, of the effectiveness of prayer. In all my "doing" I hadn't really given much attention to "praying." So I really started praying about this Bible drive last night. Today I planned out my Bible hunting route around town and prayed that God would lead me to the thrift stores that would have Bibles. Well, one caught my attention as I drove by; a thrift store that wasn't amongst the list of ones I found on the Internet beforehand. The sign in the front window, "Christian books," seemed promising. So I checked it out and they had LOTS of Bibles! The prices were a bit higher compared to the other stores I had been to, but when the store owner and I recognized each other from our church, he said he'd give me a good deal on the Bibles! So I ended up purchasing about 12! With the 8 other Bibles I found at two other thrift stores and the free one I got from my brother, I got a total of 21! That was SUCH an exciting answer to my prayers! On the drive home I prayed over the Bibles. It's a great thing finding these Bibles and redistributing them to people who don't own one, especially having collected over 300 now, but it would be a shame for these Bibles to end up sitting on different shelves. So I prayed for divine appointments, for these Bibles to end up in the right hands. Would you pray too?

Since I was already out and about, I decided to drop the Bibles I had found around town off at the church. Well, sitting in the office was the box the pastor in Missouri mailed and it had 8 Bibles in it! That was so exciting and encouraging and there's still your boxes to look forward to!

2010/12/15 2:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I am sending off a few bibles today:

ATTN Esco Youth Group
Calvary Chapel of Escondido
1675 Seven Oaks Road
Escondido, CA 92026

I encourage you saints to send in a few extra bibles that you are not using!

2010/12/15 12:17Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Look forward to receiving them Greg. Thank you!

2010/12/15 15:30Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Box From Barrington, Illinois!

Whoever shipped the box of Bibles all the way from Illinois, thank you SO MUCH! Five more Bibles are a blessing! I can imagine that postage is a bit pricey and I've seen for myself how busy the post offices are with Christmas right around the corner, so THANK YOU! And I appreciate that you prayed over each Bible. May God lead each of those Bibles into the right hands and may His Word take affect!

2010/12/18 15:27Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: Bibles Needed: The Power of Collaboration!

I would highly suggest placing within each of the bibles a testimony from a fellow saint from your body. It would be good for the kids to understand its importance as well as those who will be the recipients of such a mighty and powerful transforming word.

ybiC

2010/12/18 17:44Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Testimony Suggestion

That's a GREAT suggestion! I will have to pass that idea along.

You know, God's really been speaking to me about the importance of His Word. I donated the extra Bibles we had sitting around our home, I bought about 25 cheap used Bibles at thrift stores around town and spent all this time getting the word out to people about donating theirs. That would be silly to put so much effort into all that if I wasn't in my OWN Word each day, taking the time to let God use it to transform MY life. Collecting Bibles to put into the hands of those who don't own one is communicating that I think God's Word is important and I need to ALSO communicate that by cherishing my own copy of His Word. So that was another cool thing God taught me through this Bible drive.

2010/12/18 19:00Profile
mama27

Re:

I had the same "pricking" from the Holy Spirit as I gathered those I sent....Thank you for sharing this word of testimony. May God be glorified and our efforts multiplied through your vision!

2010/12/18 20:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy