SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bibles Needed: The Power of Collaboration!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Bibles Needed: The Power of Collaboration!

I remember reading once in a book titled "Do Hard Things", that some things are too big to accomplish alone. I think THIS is one of those things!

Our youth group, in which I am one of the leaders, is collecting Bibles for a local ministry that believes the Word of God should be a free gift and knows the people they are trying to reach on the streets more than likely wouldn't step foot in a church where they may get a free Bible. They started getting their Bibles from thrift shops, buying them in bulk through their church and getting them for free from the Salvation Army. Then one of our youth leaders got connected with them and now our youth group is helping to get them Bibles.

Our goal is to collect 500 Bibles by Christmas and we've collected 280 so far. That's good, but I've had the feeling that our youth group alone can't reach our goal. I, myself, donated the extra Bibles I had laying around our house that I wasn't using, bought cheap Bibles at our local thrift stores and used bookstores, and have asked family and friends if they have any extra Bibles to donate. I feel like I've done all I can locally. Yesterday, a pastor in Missouri that came from our church, said he had some Bibles he could send to us. That expanded my vision for who I could ask for Bibles! I contacted Greg and asked if he could help and he said he could and suggested that I post the need here.

I would be SO appreciative if you could help us out! If you have extra Bibles laying around your house not being used, would you consider putting them in the hands of those who don't own a single Bible? Have a Salvation Army near you? Would you consider asking them for free Bibles and mailing them to us? Or maybe this would inspire you to start a similar ministry in your own city! Whatever the case may be, I hope this would be an opportunity for us, as the body of Christ to, "stir up one another to love and good works" (Hebrews 10:24).

We're accepting used or new Bibles in the NKJ version and other versions in the more current English language. This ministry actually prefers Bibles that have your personal highlighted and pen marked notes because they believe the things you have learned can minister to those who will receive your Bibles. We just ask that the used Bibles being donated have binding that's in good condition.

Please send the Bibles to:

ATTN Esco Youth Group
Calvary Chapel of Escondido
1675 Seven Oaks Road
Escondido, CA 92026

Thank you all so much and God bless!

2010/12/6 15:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Bibles Needed: The Power of Collaboration!

I was blessed to hear the vision God gave this sister in Christ. And feel this is something the community of SermonIndex could contribute towards. I know many of us have extra bibles we could easily part with and provide it to someone that does not have one.

Do write a response also if you feel you are going to participate in some way.

2010/12/6 16:08Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Again, thank you so much Greg! I look forward to receiving the Bibles you will be sending us! =)

2010/12/6 19:24Profile

Re:

YES!

It's not known how many Bibles that are not KJV can be gathered and sent, yet we shall see what happens after making the need known around here.
There is already a start with (at least) 4 of my own that will be coming your way.

The rest of my family will be asked and we can try further after that.

Also Yolanda, if there are Bibles that need be rebound (soft or hardbound), that could be done for you right here by yours truly.
(Having worked in the media-arts industry for nearly a decade participating with various deparments from type-setting/graphics to stripping to cutting then onto press and back again to cutting--(what i usually programmed and operated)--then over to the bindery department, as well as shipping, you learn a few things along the way.)

PM me,
gregg

2010/12/6 20:01
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Thank you so much Gregg for sending what you have and getting the word out! I REALLY appreciate it! =)

P.S. [laughs] There sure are a lot of Gregs in this world! I'm married to one who spells his name with two gs too!

2010/12/6 21:08Profile
mama27

I will be sending what I can find.....thank you for making this need known....God bless your efforts!

2010/12/7 0:46Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Thank you for sending what Bibles you have! I'm so excited!

2010/12/7 1:01Profile

Praise GOD!

Bump

2010/12/10 22:28
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

This is a reminder to send in some bibles you are not using for this great cause this christmas time:

Please send the Bibles to:

ATTN Esco Youth Group
Calvary Chapel of Escondido
1675 Seven Oaks Road
Escondido, CA 92026

2010/12/10 23:34Profile
mama27

Re:

Just mailed some yesterday....may the Lord use them to His glory!

2010/12/10 23:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy