Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 6 MORNING

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - DECEMBER 6 MORNING

It is God which worketh in you.

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God. - A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. - And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever.

Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

PHI. 2:13. II Cor. 3:5. John 3:27. -John 6:44. Jer. 32:39. Jas. 1:16-18. Eph. 2:10. Isa. 26:12.

2010/12/6 14:44Profile

EVENING REFLECTIONS - DECEMBER 6

Broken Bread
DAILY DEVOTIONS FROM THE DAILY LIGHT

by
Evan Hopkins

It is God which worketh in you.--Phil. 2:13

This is one of the facts of revelation which we are apt to pass over too quickly. we do not give ourselves time to take in all that is involved in this wonderful statement. If we are to take the words as meaning just what they say, then how marvelous is the fact here declared. It is GOD who is working in you. It is not mere religious influence, but a Person--the Lord Himself. He is IN YOU. He has come into the center of your being and taken possession of you, both to will and to work. This does not mean that you cease to exist, or that your personality is at an end. No, you are just the same responsible person you always were. But you give way to Him who is the true Owner of your whole being. He now takes the place you yourself once occupied. You were once in the center, but now Christ is your Center, and you can say, "He liveth in me." The "I" or the "me" still exists, but the living Lord is in the center of the "me." Let that be true of us, and we can see how power needed for the working is sufficient and continuous, because it is not ours, but His.

2010/12/6 19:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy