SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) MUST SEE!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Hi, does anyone have a copy of this?

2005/6/15 3:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) MUST SEE!

Wanted to bump this up for our considerations once again ...

Had the privilege and the drawing somewhat of needing to hear good old Leonard Ravenhill's voice yesterday (The audio version of this). It is not something afforded me these days due to present circumstances. Pulled out this old interview once again and even after so many listenings, things jumped out again. One was on the matter of getting bogged down on 'paper theology' as he put it, how he had grown weary of it all. Certainly not ignoring a necessity of teaching per se but just the over abundance and the constant emphasis over against [i]preaching[/i], against prayer and the Presence of God in reality and not in 'signs and wonders'.

The other stand out was just why he was so fond of reading good books on the lives of the saints. In the ultimate of simplicity it is just that he desired to know God better and anyone who could foster that had his ear and his heart.

I do believe that is what is the primary purpose of all that is available before us here notwithstanding revival in the ultimate sense as well.

This is foundational to the thrust and mission of SermonIndex if there is anything that might be otherwise stated.

[i]Edit: Audio version[/i] - [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1010]**Long Interview of Leonard Ravenhill by David Mainse[/url]

2007/8/5 13:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy