Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : sorry to have to ask

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

sorry to have to ask

Could I impose upon you for prayer.Please! My only car is having some major troubles and I really need a miracle big time. It is an older car but its all I have to get to work. If God puts this on your heart please pray for the way and ability to repair...I know He is capable and I trust HIM always.

rdg

2010/12/6 9:32Profile

Re: sorry to have to ask

Why are you sorry or feel like you are imposing?? I count it a priveledge to pray for your situation!

My only regret is that you don't live close by so I can fix the car for you... I'm pretty handy with a wrench.

Do you have an idea of whats wrong with it?

Praying for you!!

2010/12/6 9:53
rainydaygirl

Re:

Thank you for your kind reply. I guess I feel like a broken down car is not as big a deal compared to so many out there with really heavy struggles in their lives and so much going on. I know its just a car but it is the only one I have and work is at least 14 miles away with no buses to ride so I kind of need it.

I do not know what is wrong with it. It makes a squealing sound all the time when you drive it and has a kind of hot smell after being driven, like maybe something rubbing. I don't know I am sorry to say I am not very good at cars.

I am thankful for prayers though, I know God knows this situation and I know HE is in control.

rdg

2010/12/6 10:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Will pray.

ginnyrose

2010/12/6 10:18Profile

Re:

Sounds like your serpentine belt... could be going bad, or you may just need to tighten up your alternator.

The other possibility is a bearing in your waterpump or another part. Power steering? (if you see any green fluid... it's your water pump)

Either way, it's related to the belt, or something the belt goes around. Shouldnt cost more than $100 to fix. (plus labor if you take it to a mechanic)

If you feel brave go to AutoZone and by a Haynes book for the make and model of your car. When I purchase a vehicle thats the first thing I do. It will show you in the book how to fix ANYTHING on your vehicle. Best $25 you'll ever spend in your life.

A "Haynes" book is a do-it-yourself repair manual with lots of picture and illustrations. And there is not a vehicle in the world that they have not published a repair manual for. If you walk into any AutoZone there will be a rack of them by the front counter. If they happen to not have the one you need they can order one for you and have it within 24 hours.

If you take your time and are careful, there isnt anything you wont be able to fix (unless you dont have the proper tools) with the assistance of a Hayne's book.

Highly recommended for single ladies! Mechanics love to see single women walk in... $$$

2010/12/6 11:09
rainydaygirl

Re:

Quote:
Sounds like your serpentine belt... could be going bad, or you may just need to tighten up your alternator. The other possibility is a bearing in your waterpump or another part. Power steering? (if you see any green fluid... it's your water pump) Either way, it's related to the belt, or something the belt goes around. Shouldnt cost more than $100 to fix. (plus labor if you take it to a mechanic)

thank you for your kindness and suggestions. I had the axle and barrings repacked in July would they be bad again already? I spent 1000 to have that done. The starter was replaced in October and that cost me 500.

I don't have any tools or a garage so I have to take it into the shop for work. I dropped it off just a little bit ago and am waiting for them to call. I have some money but not to much so I am praying it can be fixed with what I have. Also please pray that boss will be understanding for next few days while I work out trying to get car running again.

Thank you again to those who have read this and are praying. Its is easy to become discouraged but I know in my heart God is in control and I just need to keep my eyes on HIM.

rdg

2010/12/6 13:22Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I will join in for prayer as well. The Lord is faithful. Your a blessing too!

2010/12/6 13:35Profile

Re:

$500 for a starter? Might I suggest you find another shop to take it to? Wow... I replaced the starter on my Jeep last winter. The starter itself cost (I think) $90, and took me 30 minutes to replace it. I suspect you're being taken advantage of, but it depends on the kind of car your driving.

Is there no one in your church that can work on your car?

As for the squeeling sound... it's possible it could be your axle again. Does it do it when your sitting still? If so... not your axle. Does the sound come from under the car or under the hood?

2010/12/6 14:08
Nellie

Re:

I pray that God will help you, and send you a Christian to fix your Car.
He knows our need before we pray.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2010/12/6 15:26Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

I heard back from the car shop and it turns out that the calipers on my front brake system was stuck and I have to have rotors, pads, and calipers redone. It is going to cost about 700 for the entire repair.

God is so faithful. HE has provided the means to get the repair done and I am so very thankful to everyone for your prayers.

I do not know to many people at the moment, no one I could go to for help with this situation but I pray and hope to change that soon.

thanks so much
rdg

2010/12/6 20:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy