SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : true calvinism!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
markitats

Springdale AR

true calvinism!

Hey all. I want to share something with any person who will grace me with the attention to read my thoughts. My deepest concerns are usually expressed without words but by actions as Ann said in the movie Patriot when addressing the church on th war, "How many times have I heard you speak of freedom? All you men are as ardent patriots as I. Will you now when your needed most only stop at words? Is that the sort of men you are? I only ask that you act upon the beliefs you've strongly spoken and in which you so strongly believe!" We as Christian's "are supposed to be not only hearers of the word but doers also". We are living in a lost and dying world which have no where to turn. "If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, he would have never been crucified."-(Leonard Ravenhill) We are to "wake up, strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of God". That was what was happening to the church of Sardis in the book of Revelation. It seems "we're preaching an acceptable Gospel today, making it as painless as we can. and all we do is give people a shot to put them to sleep so they get to hell quicker. We need some hellfire preaching on repentance!"- (Leonard Ravenhill) We as a church are not being what God has called us to be. "The greatest tragedy ever, is a sick church in a dying world. We find no errors in the Bible. All errors are in the pews."- (Leonard Ravenhill) What scares me most is that "judgment starts at the house of God first". God says, "Preach to all nations" but we negate the responsability with I know someone else will do it. "We are set forth as watchtowers, if they die they die in their wickedness but if they weren't warned the blood falls on our hands". What excuse will you and I have when standing before God? Many will say aren't you Calvinist? Yes I'm Calvinist, "but how can they hear the Gospel unless a preacher is sent". "Faith comes by hearing the word of God." We as Calvinist should start taking up arms together with all beliefs,(as long as they are christians of course) to accomplish the great commision. Just because they don't believe the truths found in Reformed Theology doesn't mean Heaven isn't their home. God bless!

2004/11/7 15:02Profile
Spitfire

Re: true calvinism!

Could you please explain to me what a true Calvinist is? I've only recently come to believe in predestination and not because someone taught it to me, but because of my own personal experience. Now, I understand that all men would remain in darkness if God did not draw them into the light. Is that reform theology? I'm not sure.

2004/11/7 16:19Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
Just because they don't believe the truths found in Reformed Theology doesn't mean Heaven isn't their home. God bless!

I feel re-assured! Not that it had worried me much. ;-)

2004/11/7 17:41Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

You might like to take a look at predestination.

2004/11/7 17:44Profile
dohzman

I tried to follow your thought , brother.Could you speak or put it in your own words what it is your trying to say?Thank you.

2004/11/7 20:10Profile
markitats

Springdale AR

Re:

What I mean by true Calvinism is to say just because I and all 5 point Calvinists believe in irresistible grace does not negate our responsibility from preaching to the lost. Hyper Calvinist go to far with irresistible grace. They end up not fully obeying the total word of God. We do not know who the elect are so we must fulfill the great commission in preaching to them. “The great commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed”- Hudson Taylor. I hope that answers your question dear brother. God Bless!

2004/11/7 20:29Profile
dohzman

Re:

Thank you, I understand what you're saying now.Alot of time after preaching or being out of town for days and having to minister to people its sometimes hard to engage my mind and follow some of the thoughts here on this website. I get somewhat frustrated with the lack of response I sometimes see in the churches.....Here's what I mean---I minster all over and get full altars but when I get back to thoughs churches months latter the people who repented of not witnessing in thier day to day life seem to be in the same state of not witnessing. I came to the ministry after working a secular job for 25 years, so much of what I minister in witnessing is experience based upon doing the word of God.It seems practially.It seems that people really don't want to be bothered with telling others about Jesus.Sad but true.God Bless----Bro.Daryl

2004/11/7 21:13Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
It seems that people really don't want to be bothered with telling others about Jesus.Sad but true.

For me, I became bothered with telling others about Jesus when I realized he chose to intervene in my own personal plunge toward hell. When I realized I wasn't born again after almost a lifetime of religion, and then I truly did become born again, it made me want to flag down cars and tell them about Jesus. I feel like I'm in the Matrix in churches, now. Everyone is living in "Christian City", as Chanin calls it, but they don't realize they are heading toward eternal damnation. It's extrememly frustrating. I wanted to go to church today, but there was noplace to go.

2004/11/7 21:29Profile
dohzman

Re:

You need to see if from the pulpit.I travel and speak at churches all over. I usually get to visit tahe same churches every 12 to 18 months,Lord willing. I have full altars with people repenting of sins and see miracles of healings and deliverences ect.... I also close my meetings with a call for the church or local body of believers to rise up in the strength of the Lord and take Jesus to thier world, but when I return to these churches it seems that the fire was short lived in these people and they didn't take Jesus outside into life.How disheartening.I do stay submitted to a local congregation and stop in to make sure all is well at the home front and that my brothers and sisters are doing the work of the Lord.Here's where I plug the nessity of being a part of a local fellowship, it's really important, I use a saying it goes like this: "the bannana that strays from the bunch gets peeled" . Anyway I appreciate ya . My prayers---God Bless---Bro. Daryl

2004/11/7 21:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy