SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Truth?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: What Truth?

Ouch! I do appreciate your comments in response to my frustrations.I spend a great deal of time preparing sermons and personally have adopted an 8 to 1 ratio in speaking, thats 8 hrs. prayer to 1 hr of sermon.As a manner of course a life style of fasting and personal repentance is nessary.But I always rember that I'm a guest in another mans house---i.e. ministry.As suchunless the Lord specifically directs me I normally abide by the rules of that local church.Her's an example: So churches don't believe in titheing some do, and the list goes on.I generally stay very basic and point to the cross and the Lord Jesus Christ.My mission going into churches is a little different than that of a pastor and so I try not to pastor the sheep while I'm there.I do bring with me alot of tools to give local pastors as I feel that from one 3 day evangelist campaign he(the pastor) should have months worth of material they can use.I normally give pastors books and tapes for thier own edification. It is the responsibility of the body of believers to help keep the pastors moving forward but many of these men are following sent down directives from the Headquarters as to church adjenda and direction.I don't blame the pastors for the fires going out or the things lacking in the local churches.For the most part these men havebeen called out of a deep sense of love for Jesus but until your in that position its really hard to judge what they go through.Any way--thank you for your response---I actually have a sermon now brewing in my heart straight off this thread.God Bless----bro.Daryl

2004/11/8 22:16Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

Ouch!

Sorry mate, no Ouch intended. :cry:

2004/11/8 22:39Profile
dohzman

Re:

Thats ok . Sometimes I can't see the trees for the forrest.It's hard to be on all the time and to go constantly.I found your post helped to bring me back to center, Thank you. God Bless Bro. Daryl O' and by the way---your post has awakened something in me as to a sermon to preach on.

2004/11/9 0:08Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
your post has awakened something in me as to a sermon to preach on.

Thank God for his grace for that, especially when I/we wield his sword like some barbaric club and not like a scalpal in the hands of a surgeon.

Bless you,

2004/11/9 0:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy