SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : How do I know this is from the Lord?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

How do I know this is from the Lord?

I have had some pretty big changes happening in my life over this past year. Some decisions that were made at the time I felt I was strongly following what the Lord wanted for me and my family and I had many people ask, "how do you know this is from the Lord?" I always answered the same, because I have such an overwhelming peace about things as they happened. Now I am faced with a situation and I am not sure what the Lords will is in it all? I find myself questioning and wondering if I am being selfish?

Has this ever happened to you, where you can hear and know so clearly from the Lord on one subject and be so uncertain in the next?? I now find myself asking, "How do I know this is from the Lord?"

Please if you feel led pray for me to know that peace in this situation and to know the Lords heart in this matter. It is difficult but I do want to walk in His will not my own.

God bless
maryjane

2010/12/4 22:47Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: How do I know this is from the Lord?

Praying for you now.

I think that you are led to want to do His will is a blessing in itself. How often I act rashly and later consider what I should have done.

Just today, as I went to our chicken pen to feed and collect eggs I noticed a pile of stale bread and rolls by the corner of our fence. The neighbors must have dumped them there. The chickens can not reach that spot and I didn't like what was garbage dumped on our side of the fence. I put it all back on their side. After I did that, and it was out of reach, I remembered the retarded man that lives there. He had spoken to me one day as I was at the pen and he mentioned that the Lord must have sent me to water the other neighbor's horse. (I give her w ater every day, since the teenage charged with caring for her is neglectful.) It could be he put the bread there as a nice gesture. I don't know. I should have just removed it and not thrown it back. Now I feel sad about it. Can't change it now but I hope I will start thinking before acting. Please pray for me, if you will.

Regards,
white stone

2010/12/5 14:13Profile
HeartSong

Re:

white stone, go and talk to him.

2010/12/5 14:38Profile

Re: How do I know this is from the Lord?

Hi MaryJane,

I believe God wants you to trust Him, and to keep walking by faith.

Yes He does give us tremendous peace sometimes, but at others He seems to be silent. It could be that He wants you to seek Him specifically, and keep waiting until He has made His desire known, or, that (if you think about it), you know enough about His character by now to know which course of action glorifies Him to do that in faith, praying as you go, that if you're mistaken, He will give you a check in your spirit to hold you back from error.

It is usual for Christians to keep waiting on the Lord, until it comes clear in their spirit how to proceed. This is a way of life in some instances, and in others the choices are so major, that certain things one would normally do, have to be laid aside while you seek Him, allowing God to prepare you, to sift your motives, to challenge your fears or preconceptions (and so on), as part of the process of becoming ready to put His will into action. These are precious times when He feeds us from His own hand, as well as what may seem to the random words through others who don't even know what's going on in our hearts. All are part of the miracle of being in relationship with Him.

These are just a few thoughts from my experience of God's dealings.

2010/12/5 15:15
White_Stone

North Central Florida

I do not want to hijack MaryJanes thread. . .

If it was only that simple. Long story behind relations with the neighbors. I am praying God will bring the man (brother of the owner) to converse with me again as I feed the hens. Or, if I see the wife outside hanging clothes I will engage her in conversation.

Forgive me, I do not want to hijack MaryJane's thread. Let us pray for her to be assured of the Lord's will in her situation.

white stone

2010/12/5 15:27Profile
HeartSong

Re: I do not want to hijack MaryJanes thread. . .

Praying that the LORD would lead you both into His will - and praying that you both would follow.

2010/12/5 15:54Profile
MaryJane

Re: I do not want to hijack MaryJanes thread. . .

Quote:
Forgive me, I do not want to hijack MaryJane's thread. Let us pray for her to be assured of the Lord's will in her situation.

Greetings white stone

I will pray for you and your situation also. Please don't ever worry about hijacking the thread sister, if your heart is heavy or burden then please share with us that we might all pray for you as well. After all we are called to carry one another burdens.

I just wanted to say thank you to those who responded, I have been very encouraged by your love and care.

Thank you
God Bless
maryjane

2010/12/5 20:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy