SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Updated: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Updated: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules

Welcome to SermonIndex

You are about to enter a vast resource, a continuing expansion of thought from a variety of past saints, many who have since passed through the trial of death and have been preserved and resurrected here to speak once again to us all. SermonIndex desires to be a expression of the apostolic church found in Scriptures. It is a intra-denominational ministry with 100's of different denominations and ministries involved. Biblical truth and desire for revival is the emphasis which is foundational for the ministry. A general statement of faith can be read below.

Statement Of Faith

Being undenominational, we seek to minister to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity (Eph. 6:24), and to love all who love Him (John 15:12; 1 John 4:20-21). By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another (John 13:35). We hold to the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, as the inspired word of God. We believe in the New Birth, and that Salvation is a free gift of God through Jesus Christ to all who will repent, and believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15; John 3:16). We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; Luke 2:1-7; John 1:14; John 3:16; Acts 13:16-41; 1 John 4:1-15). We believe in the deity of God the Father, the deity of Jesus, the Son of God, and the deity of the Holy Spirit. We believe that, while we were yet sinners, Jesus Christ shed His precious Blood on the cross, and died, that we might have life, and have it more abundantly (Rom. 5:8; John 10:10). We believe that Jesus rose again from the dead (1 Thess. 4:14; Luke 24:1-8; Acts 10:34-41; Luke 24:33-46). We believe that Jesus, some days after His resurrection from the dead, ascended to God in heaven (Acts1:1-10; Eph. 1:15-23). We believe in the personal return of Jesus with power and great glory (Luke 21:27), and that His return is an event for saved people to look forward to with great expectation and with constant watchfulness and prayer (Luke 21:34-36; 1 John 3:2-3). We believe that this same Jesus, which was taken up from the apostles into heaven, shall so come in like manner as they saw Him go into heaven (Acts 1:1-11). We believe it is the privilege and duty of every Christian--to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and to live a holy life, and to be always ready for the return of Jesus, and that, in the meantime, each Christian should Occupy (keep busy in His will, and in His service) till the Lord's return (John 7:37-39; Acts 1:8; Eph. 5:18; Matt. 24:44; Luke 19:13; Titus 2:11-15; 1 Peter 1:13-19).s

The Forum

Since it's inception, the forum here has been many things. A great fellowship, a fellowship of sorts while in it's unorthodox form and fashion often resembling both a battleground and a hospital. This can be both edifying as well as divisive. We hope to address a few of the misconceptions and concerns at the outset so that everyone will be on the same level footing as to what is acceptable and that which is not.

What it is not

It is not a 'chat room'.
It is not a place to bring an agenda regardless of intentions.
It is not a place for promotion of ones self, website or wares.
It is not 'denominational' while gleaning from many.
It is neither legalistic nor 'anything goes'.
It is not a place for politics, politicians, policy's nor particular support thereof. More on this below.*

What it is

It is first and foremost a privilege.
It is a gathering of saints now throughout the world. And that alone may be the most important factor to keep in mind at all times.
It is a place to share, discuss, listen, think and grow into all things in Jesus Christ.
It is bible based.
It is in aim and undergirding Revival. A Revival of God's thought. Of others and lastly, ourselves.
It is a longing for, praying for, a Revival of the same substance that is expressed through the many resources available here.
It is a seeking after the genuine and Sincere.
It is this foundation and focus while fostering a great freedom of discussion within some practical guidelines.

What you can expect

To be challenged unto growth in Christ
To be misunderstood at times.
To misunderstand others.
To be asked questions.
To be in the midst of some very experienced saints, not a handful who have walked with the Lord for many, many years.
To find like hearted Brethren as well as 'likemidnded'.
You will likely at some point be offended.
You will be blessed.
You may have your theology turned inside out and upside down.
You may have yourself exposed in way's you never thought possible by your own words and thoughts as well as by those who care for your souls.
To be prayed for.

What we expect

Conduct, consideration and charity. As illustrative, picture yourself entering a home for the first time. You are a guest. You are polite. You wipe the mud off your shoes before entering. You make an introduction. You carry yourself with respect to your host.

Hopefully, you get the idea here. We have found that hosting a forum has all kinds of inherent difficulties.

Communicating in this manner with so many different cultures, upbringings, education and lack thereof. To add even more weight is the place anyone of us may be in this walk as disciples of the Lord, we all were spiritual 'babes' in Christ at the inception of a new birth, an important reminder that needs to be reflected on often. We must keep well in mind that expression of spiritual matters is often difficult enough, sometimes even impossible. Let us bear with one another with patience and understanding.

What is not tolerated

Slander. Ill-will. Unnecessary accusations, comments.

The issue is one of order rather than control. We allow as much patience as possible for corrections and apologies. Please make your corrections with a follow up reply, rather than by use of the edit function. There has been a misuse of this in the past where whole sections have been removed from an ongoing thread, making it now disconnected, like removing pages from a book.

*Politics

We have found it necessary to curtail political discussion here for a variety of reasons. It is primarily out of step with the manner and thrust of Sermon Index in it's intention and we have found little good to come from an allowance of things based politically into the discussions.

It is inevitable that with an allowance of items and issues effecting us all by that which is happening in this present world that attributes of a political nature will creep in, this is understood. However, we will keep a very close eye on these things and may ask you to stop midstream or lock a posting if in our discretion we feel that it is out of place in the forum.

Conspiracy and Conspiracy Theory

We believe there is certainly a conspiracy afoot, that which is present since the fall of mankind in their enmity with God. What other websites or ministries may have of a variety of present theory as it relates to what the governments of the world are doing is too much in dispute to be presented here. The New World Order and One Government system is understood in a variety of fashion. What we will not allow is unscrupulous and un-scriptural notions and ideals to foster fear and paranoia to the saints. Our trust and yours should be placed firmly in God, not in the conspiracy of the world, the flesh or the devil. We will monitor these things in our best discretion but do not bring in ministries or other agendas devoted to these mandates.

What you can do to help

Be polite. Don't be rude to others.
Keep foremost in your mind the weight of responsibility you have with what the Lord stated;

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

As well as;

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

The Lord is in our midst here and this whole resource is dependent on the Holy Spirit by those who have both brought all this forth and we hope by those who participate, first as brethren and as guests\members.

Please, pray.
Pray before you post.
Pray as you write in response.
Pray, and ask the question of the Lord;
"Should I?"
Listen, give yourself a minute.
Pray one last time and pause before you submit.

Try and think of the ramifications of your thoughts and comments. Some things need not to be said. Some things can wait. Some things just as well do need to be addressed, but the manner may add more of a problem than be a help towards correction.

You may find it best to save some things that you have spent a considerable amount of time writing to a file to be brought forth at a different time.

There is a great deal more than could be said. These are all guidelines to make matters beneficial to all. It is a warm welcome we afford to all within these parameters. Make yourself comfortable, but keep your feet off the table. :)

Lastly

Ask questions and do your best to answer questions. Keep well in mind that often times a question is not necessarily pointed, but is truly a question. Just as well, it is especially frowned on to be jostling with each other by way of accusation towards each others intents and motives. Be forthright and honest.

"Play the ball and not the man."

Which translates to the issue being discussed. Keep to this and away from what we may assume someone is thinking. Again, ask a question rather than making an accusation.

A note about personal effrontery and offendedness. We have found since the inception of this site that many any item is misconstrued by accusation and presupposition upon motive and intent. It is far better to assume nothing by way of suspicion nor to accuse without factual information. Better to not accuse at all but in points of biblical doctrine a challenge may be forwarded to our interpretations, do not take it personally and do not make it personal. Control your emotions and keep before you the mandate of humility.

Do keep in mind that the moderators will do their best to discern where and when to intervene and more so that they are your fellow pilgrims and servants, just as fallible as each of us here. "Moderate" your own self and leave the moderating beyond that to those appointed to do so. If you find something that is out of place, that is divisive amongst the brethren, bring it to their attention and they will do their best to address it.

Confession

Yes! We welcome it and desire it. It is not embarrassment to admit when we have faulted or sinned, caused a disturbance, been mean-spirited, proud, but an extreme blessing to the community and before the Lord. No one will be shamed into anything here nor manipulated, but forgiven without equivocation upon repentance. Remember it is not to us that you are owing this when it is warranted but to the Lord first and foremost and then by extension those you have trespassed upon. Admittedly and unfortunately it is a rare thing to hear in these parts and we could but pray for more forthcoming on practical honesty, it builds character and exposes our pride, that most sinister of sins.

Summary

Jesus is Lord.
'We' do hold to a high view of His Majesty.
'We' have no particular creed other than that He be exalted above all.

Community Rules

1. Ensure that your new topics are in the correct forum.

-If your new topic doesn't fit with the description of the forum you're in, do not post it there.
-Posting new topics in the correct forums helps keep the Community organized and helps to keep topics easier to find.
-Topics posted in the wrong forum (as determined by the Moderator Team) will be moved to the appropriate forum.

2. Post guidelines:

-If you're replying to a post, stay on topic as much as possible.
-If you're posting a new topic, do not post something that has been discussed numerous times. Browse the forums first or use the Search function.
-Do not link to outside media including SERMONS and VIDEOS from other websites, the main reason for the inclusion of this rule is abuse of it in posting audio sermons that have false doctrine or false emphasis.
-Do not flame other users; this includes derogatory comments based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc. You will be banned immediately for this offense.

3. Advertising:

-Do not advertise your own site unless it's a personal site that you wish to share or you're trying to help someone find something they're looking for.
-"Spam" (advertising) Illegal/inappropriate content and flooding will be deleted.

4. Do not overuse:

-Emoticons (i.e., :#, :), or :8 )
-Line breaks or CAPITALS
-Nested quotes

5. Language:

-Do not swear.
-Do your best to use proper, easy to understand English. Not everyone's primary language is English, so we must try to make it easy for those who know English as a secondary language.
-Avoid slang, including "phat," "LOL" or "BRB," "i c u," and so on. Slang shouldn't be a part of the Christian's vocabulary; the Bible's written in a very majestic language, but so many nowadays degrade themselves to "Yo, 'sup?" or "homie."

6. Do not harass users on the Community, through Private Messages, or e-mail You can be banned for this.

7. Signatures

-Signatures should be kept brief, easy to read, and unobtrusive. You may only have 1 weblink url in it. If the link is inappropriate moderators may remove this ability from the member. And please keep the signatures short within 4-6 lines of text.

8. Avatars
-Avatars can be chosen from the list of over 100 images, you cannot upload your own.

9. Arguing with the Moderator Team over the enforcement of these rules will get you no where.

-We will not contend nor dispute with the unruly.
-If you're told to change the way you're behaving here, you must comply or leave.
-Repeat offenders will be banned
-We ask you to respect the moderators and the site you are visiting.

10. If you have any problems, contact the Administrator by email: [email protected] or make a post in an appropriate forum asking for help. Someone surely will be glad to help you.

11. Please recognize that we are here to serve you and are fallible, unprofitable servants. Do not mistake patience for laxity, we may appear to allow more than is warranted at times in the prayerful hope that some admonishens might take hold. We would lord over no one by legality or a multiplicity of rules while yet maintaining some control over the many that have come here to find meat in due season. We do have lives apart from this forum and cannot possibly be omnipresent, we ask that you keep Him who is ever present always before your thoughts and mind as you conduct yourself here as guest\members.

About all brother and sisters let us love onanother in word and deed. And prefer each other better then ourselves by the Power of Christ.

2010/12/4 14:06Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: Updated: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules

Thanks for the information. It is good.

2010/12/4 14:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Your welcome brother. I trust many others will find this helpful.

2010/12/4 15:34Profile

Quote:
Try and think of the ramifications of your thoughts and comments. Some things need not to be said. Some things can wait. Some things just as well do need to be addressed, but the manner may add more of a problem than be a help towards correction.

Proverbs 16:20 He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.

2010/12/4 18:00
turtle4aire

i have a question for here but i have no ideal as to ask it. So i tell you about it. it is Matthew 10:23 jesus says " You shall not have gone threw the Cities of Israel, till the son of man be come". I am thinking this means Jesus will return in the first Centry and in the life time of the people he is speaking too. i know it must mean something else, but I ask You this ! i expect you to have too much of other things to do than answer this simple question, for If i don't get a reply. I will not feel bad !

Good Day and May God's Speed go with you !

2011/4/22 10:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

i have a question for here but i have no ideal as to ask it. So i tell you about it. it is Matthew 10:23 jesus says " You shall not have gone threw the Cities of Israel, till the son of man be come". I am thinking this means Jesus will return in the first Centry and in the life time of the people he is speaking too. i know it must mean something else, but I ask You this ! i expect you to have too much of other things to do than answer this simple question, for If i don't get a reply. I will not feel bad !

Hi, Thank you for the question. Also welcome to the forums! Firstly I would encourage you to navigate the forums and find the right place to post specific questions. For instance this is the "welcome section" and this thread is the "community rules" For a question like this because it is dealing with a specific scripture you would want to go to the "scriptures and doctrine" section and post a "NEW THREAD" about this question. No problem that you posted this here I just want to help you understand how the forums work so people will answer your questions and you know how to reply to specific threads. So if you could cut and paste your question into a new thread in that section that would be a great!

I am sure many will want to help answer your question.

2011/4/22 10:21Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

It is always a good thing to re-read the rules of this forum. thanks for updating them Greg.

2011/5/13 1:46Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Some discussion boards have the ability for members/users to be able to block from their view posts from other members/users. To be clear, all users will be able to post, the only thing is that users who have a "block" list will not SEE the posts from the users in their block list. I would like to have this feature here. Is this possible?

2011/5/13 10:09Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Don't you think that would just cause confusion? I mean if I blocked you and other people were talking to you, I would see everyone else talking to you but not have your point of view or have any idea what everyone else is talking about. To me a "block feature" would cause more disfellowship and Unity that not having it. I believe one of the backbones to the forum is the many differences it holds blocking would give you the ability to read only the people you share the same views with rather than invoke and stir a variety of thought and ideas. But this is just my opinion it would definitely be up to Greg and his moderators.

2011/5/13 10:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We are not going to implement such a block feature for the same reason in a local church fellowship or conference you cannot press on a block button on peoples lives. Every single word we are accountable for, Jesus Christ said even every idle word. So may our discussions here be a part of our sanctification process where God is bringing us to be more like Jesus to all of His body and to be at peace with all men.

2011/5/13 10:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy