SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Detroit Free Press - Billboards say Jesus is Returning On May 21,2011

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
learjet

Detroit Free Press - Billboards say Jesus is Returning On May 21,2011

This is ridiculous, I noticed it on the homepage of the Detroit Free Press.

(http://www.freep.com/article/20101204/NEWS05/12040397/1320/Billboards-to-proclaim-Jesus-return)

I'm wondering where these folks get their money, it's an expensive ad campaign.

This sort of reminds me of the modern day equivalent of the soothsaying woman that was following Paul in Acts 16 saying 'these men are servants of the Most High God' in an attempt to discredit his ministry by association.

Your thoughts?

In Christ,
Earl J

2010/12/4 13:15Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re: Detroit Free Press - Billboards say Jesus is Returning On May 21,2011

This ministry is run by Harold Camping, who famously foretold that the Second Coming would occur in 1994. I started to read his explantion for the new date of May 21, 2010, but then thought, "Why bother?"

He is 89 years old, BTW.

2010/12/4 15:41Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This is sad. I have enjoyed some of the conservative stances of Family Radio. But sadly is very dangerous overall and this is one of the fruits of it. I would 100% ignore this but may we look for the coming of the Lord every day and live such.

In reverent fear purifying ourselves in holiness and setting ourselves apart as living sacrifices with the mercy of God in view.

2010/12/4 15:46Profile

It was predicted by a group of people back in 1844 that Jesus would return, nothing happened. So they regrouped and gave another date, nothing happened. And nothing will happen on May 21, 2011.

2010/12/4 15:54
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

But something might happen today! Marantha Lord Jesus. Come! And our Second Coming / Rapture experience could be today if we died personally.

Our accountability to God could be today. May we be found to be trusting in Christ Alone and may our lives reflect this.

2010/12/4 15:56Profile
Nellie

Re:

We don't know when Jesus is coming, but we do know we are closer to His Coming today, than we were Yesterday.
God Bless
Nellie

2010/12/4 16:47Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

I heard an evangelist say that he knew when Jesus was coming (not serious of course). He said it would be on Christmas day, because alot of churches will cancel services when Christmas comes on a Sunday. He said it is almost impossible to get people to come to church on Christmas anymore. I'm sure all congregations are not the same. Wouldn't it be terrible to not be where we are supposed to be when Jesus returns? Just a thought.

2010/12/4 17:16Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"It was predicted by a group of people back in 1844 that Jesus would return, nothing happened. So they regrouped and gave another date, nothing happened. And nothing will happen on May 21, 2011."

Of course nothing is going to happen on May 21, 2011 because everyone knows the end will be December 21, 2012 ;).

I was never fond of people guessing dates of the Lord's return people that do seem to think they can out smart God who clearly states no one knows.

2010/12/4 18:05Profile

Quote:
Your thoughts?

wow.

thats not a sarcastic 'wow'.....or blithe, mocking. its just 'wow'. Who knows? The elderly saint may be onto Something.

(btw, they are playing "Praise Ye the Lord The Almighty" sung by the "Old Fashioned Revival Hour Quartet" on Family Radio)

i like what Greg said, Jesus could come tommorrow, maybe in the next hour. i also amen to what he said about dear Harold, who i found out about when i stumbled onto the website, "Really Bad Theology"......but i'm streaming Family Radio now, and its kind of nice; they're playing old school hymns, and between hymns, reading whole chapters out of Proverbs. Maybe Harold is relaxing, enjoying his evening as i am, tucked away in the bunker i live in.

comforting, listening to these hymns and Bible readings, makes me think i'm back in the 1950's, and i like that. Especially "Family Radio's" theme music.

The Day of the Lord.

now that's something to ruminate on.

2010/12/4 20:11
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

When I lived in Illinois, we listened to family radio all the time. They play good God honoring Christian music. Sad that Mr. Camping has ruined alot of it with his predictions. We now listen to the Bible Broadcasting Network online since there isn't a station in our area. There are some others, but they have compromised with the world so much.
No one knows the day or hour of His return. But we do have the assurance that He is coming back, we don't know when, and we must be ready.

2010/12/4 22:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy