SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : in many ways, this forum reminds me of the Book of Job

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

in many ways, this forum reminds me of the Book of Job

as we all struggle to work out our own salavation with fear and trembling, and seeing that we are NOT face-to-face, to reason, each of us bearing different life experiences, different walks with Jesus, different Relationships with God....we all bear sufferings, we bear joy, we all fear/revere God, love Jesus, (that would be my prayerful assumption, may God make it so) we all get hungry, we all get crabby, we might misunderstand one another; you get i'm trying to say.

and sometimes, some of us are Job, and other times we're his well meaning friends, Eliphaz,Bildad, Zophar, and young Elihu, whose learned theology had no helpful, encouraging or comforting word for a truly Godly sufferer.

Because we all suffer, and in our suffering, we might lash out at others, especially when we dont have the restraints of being face to face, in our dialogue and reasoning together.

my feeling is, in these current days of turmoil and dislocation, all of us might be on edge, the news of the "world" spits out fear and loathing to us, day after day. In America, we've lived so richly, and it seems that cup is being taken away.....and like Job, we ask why.

Job makes his complaints, and his friends misconstrue that his complaint is based on one of humankind's greatest temptations, to love the gifts rather than the Giver, when it is Job's greatest pain that he feels God's alienation from him.

So they rebuke Job, and thru the logic of their theology confidently assume they can account for all God's Ways, and what happens is, that they arrive at a stalemate, and then Praise His Name, the LORD weighs in.

we always arrive at a stalemate, and then Jesus weighed in, and gave in, gave His Blood.

i see Jesus Christ all over this Book of Job, and it brings such Joy:

Quote:
For then you would number my steps;
you would not keep watch over my sin;
my transgression would be sealed up in a bag,
and you would cover over my iniquity.
Job 14:16-17

and

Quote:
"O earth, cover not my blood,
and let my cry find no resting place.
Even now, behold, my witness is in heaven,
and he who testifies for me is on high.
Job 16:18-19

and

Quote:
For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God,
whom I shall see for myself,
and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!
Job 19:25-27

but in amongst all that, his four friends are just laying into old Job, and in their words, are orthodox Yahwistic theology, which can't be disputed, but........ none of these five men, have any idea, what has happened in Heaven, when the accuser went before God.

this wisdom dialogue, present in Job, between the five men, reminds me in a certain way, of how we all come together...and i dont mean that in a bad way. It just is. God is God and we are not.....and sometimes things just get messy here, and for my part i ask forgiveness to any contribution in this regard.

our theology might be "in order'...orthodox, etc, but we all frequently come to stalemates, or misunderstandings.

and thats okay, because in the final analysis, God spells It all out when He says:

"And he said to man,'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding.'"
Job 28:28

respectfully and lovingly submitted, Eliphaz....or is it, Bildad, or Elihu, or Zophar, or Job....nope...its neil.

2010/12/4 9:06
jimp

Re: in many ways, this forum reminds me of the Book of Job

hi, quite possibly the the best post of the year..jimp

2010/12/4 9:58Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Great post Nathan. Very thought provoking. Thanks.

2010/12/4 12:06Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Those men are all mirrors that God placed in His amazing word. I have seen myself in them too brother. Thank you.

James 1:21-25

2010/12/4 12:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I agree, great post Brother. God brings us together under strange circumstances. It's is in times like these that many of us turn to God for answers. I'm not sure we were meant to have the answers to everything. That is were Faith comes in, Faith that He loves us, after all, he is the one we will be reporting to, not man.

2010/12/4 12:12Profile

Will the real Neil step forward? Ahh, he just did :) Love the post and the depth and the reality. Oh what frail creatures we all are. God bless you my dear brother in Christ..............brother Frank

2010/12/4 13:22
mackaymarsh

Hummmmm... I think I would like to see this post attached to the top of the forum listings for a season. Not for comments necessarily, but just as a reminder and for all to re-read occasionally; if I make myself clear.

Great post, Neil!

Wayne

2010/12/4 13:28Profile
learjet

Quote:
Because we all suffer, and in our suffering, we might lash out at others, especially when we dont have the restraints of being face to face, in our dialogue and reasoning together.

Guilty! Oh brother, thank you for this post!

If God's mercies are new every day, and I am called to 'walk as Jesus walked' let my mercies be new every day with regard to my brothers and sisters.

God bless you brother!

In Christ,
Earl J.

2010/12/4 13:31Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,too good not to bump..jimp

2010/12/4 15:56Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Hi Neil,

I haven't clicked into this thread till today.

...And I really appreciate what you said. Thank you.

What Frank said about the real Neil: that's gold, like Job said. When the Lord has finished with us we will come forth as gold.

We're not there yet, but we're going to be.

2010/12/4 17:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy