SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The "L" in the Tulip. Limited Atonement

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
humblescene

New York City

The "L" in the Tulip. Limited Atonement

Hello I'm a new member and I am reposting my earlier post. I noticed I put it in the welcome forum. I'm just copying and posting it in the proper forum. This is an attempt just to testify of a rest God brought me into. I'm very excited about God's victorius Grace. :)

The reformed topic is not new to me. The new thing to me is I'm at rest with it. I've stopped wrestling it. It had to begin with me coming to peace with the mysteries of God. A good place to start is Deut 29:29. There are mysteries. They belong to God. What has been revealed belong to us. The fact that he always was, Can drive one mad, but we rest in that simple yet confounding deep mystery.

As glorius as the gospel message is. As his grace is so reavealed in it, yet it still remains a confounding mystery that belongs to him. Grace belongs to Him. What he has reavealed to us is that he is love, he is father, he is husband, he is good, he is fair, and in that alone I know He has reavealed he is not a cruel game player. He has reavealed that he is sovereign, and in that he is victorius. "Most agree He is sovereign over creation, the universe, our lives, yet we have stripped Him from sovereign ways of His saving grace. We've stripped Him from His glory in salvation" (that was a paraphrased quote that I heard from R.C Sproul). Remember we never deserved grace to begin with.

There is no failure in His grace. There is no maybe. There is no limit. There is no perhaps. There is victorius grace. I have limited Him too long. In my failed wrestlings of reasoning, His unfailing grace has pinned me down. It feels good. Salvation and grace belong to him.

So I remember the day it all clicked. I realized I have limited him, with my unlimited views ( I read a gracious testimony of a man who limited God in his unlimited views.) I found a beauty in the tulip. The L in tulip is the big wall for all. limited atonenment.

Yet unlimited atonement has limitations aswell. Limited atonement I found absolute victory, accomplisment, yes and amen and most of all God's glory. Unlimited I see maybe's, perhaps, unless, hopefully, us etc.

I am just testifying. I am just thankful here. I still am limited I still am ankle to calve deep in the ocean of God.

In all this polished up thought of mine, I did ask God now what? How do I serve You? He said " just don't limit me, even though you see me in the tulip, don't forget I am also a lily and I am a rose aswell" When I heard this clearly I shouted and began to praise Jesus.

Amen, when I see salvation and human responisibility/free will, I see them seperate. A picture of this is found when He creates Adam and Eve, they had no choice to be created, they simply were created for God's good pleasure. After He created, then He put in their hands human responsibility.

He placed a law. A dear brother and friend of mine put it well one evening to me, he said something like this. "Funny thing is we all tend to think of the law immediately when we here the garden of eden story. We see that tree of knowledge of good and evil. We focus on that aspect a lot. Yet as we read that story, we see all the creation in the garden. We see the perfect fellowship of God and man. God and man walked together. Though there was a law, remember it was one law. The grace of God was much more in that place. Many good trees to eat from. Fellowship with Him all day. Eternal life, peace, no sin etc." Doesnt get more gracious than that. I love what my friend said there. It's so true God's grace is so much more at hand. His grace is what should inspire us and provoke us to Him.

Amazing grace was always around.

I see salvation again seperate from free will in the conversation with Jesus and Nicodimus. The born again introduction. Christ describes salvation to be being born again. When we are born in this world we have no choice in it. A baby does not say wait I don't want to be born. We are born the same way adam and eve were just simply created. The same way God gets all glory for creation He gets all glory for new creation. We also see this with the woman caught in adultery. She was about be stoned and Christ forgives her and then says, "go and sin no more".

Mysteries glorius mysteries. I think God wants us to rest in many of them. Revelation speaks of the 7 thunders that uttered mysteries. John was about to write them and he was commanded not to. The scripture then says there will be a day when mystery comes to an end. Then John was commanded to eat a little book. The same for us in the mist of mystery we are to devour the word of God. We are to proverbs 7:1-4. Hold the commandments of God and wisdom and understanding as the apple of our eye. Amen again "though you see me in the tulip, don't forget I am a rose and a lily aswell" amen I'm so excited and at rest with the work of God. He's good

2010/12/3 0:00Profile
sovereignty

Re: The "L" in the Tulip. Limited Atonement

Hello beloved in the Lord. I see clearly that you are chosen, faithful, and true. As is our Savior Christ Jesus.I thank God first and foremost for leading me thru His Spirit to this word of truth you have written in this sermon index.I thank you as well for posting this, for you have pointed out an amazing point in scripture concerning Adam and Eve not having a choice to be created,BUT were created for God's good pleasure. I have printed this out and am meeting with a Arminian/freewill Pastor tomorrow.I have highlighted that paragraph concerning Adam and Eve and am going to put it into the Pastors hands. My hope is that God will enlighten him to the truth of Grace and that he would begin to teach the truth thru the scriptures. I also wrestled with God with Limited atonement, But am now at rest with His truth and word in His Kingdom. may God's grace and peace be with you always.

2010/12/3 1:55Profile
humblescene

New York City

Re:

amen friend. thanks for the very kind words. be blessed. h it was 11 years until i rested in this truth. i still had a very good walk with God as a arminist. i do believe this truth was reavealed to me in God's perfect time. I'm glad you discuss these issues. i do find it important. when i share with people this i speak it as a praise. focus on keeping it edifying. keep it peacful and if there is a disagreement keep it healthy don't try to win. lol. amen. not that you are. its just a lesson i had to learn and still am learning. i love the book humility by andrew murray. it has blessed me very much. the humility of christ is glorius. i hope you have a good fellowship with your friend tommorow. God bless you friend. :)

2010/12/3 2:21Profile
humblescene

New York City

Re:

I will be praying for you. as you discuss this topic with your friend. it can tend to get contentious at times. i pray God's will be done. again thanks for the encouraging kind words. be blessed in Christ

2010/12/3 2:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy