SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Seeing beyond the Viel...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Seeing beyond the Viel...

Howdy everyone, listen I have heard stories of people that were on deaths door seeing family members just before they pass.

The stories are far and few.

Except the last year. My wifes uncle "Bud" a few weeks before he passed was seeing a meadow. He told my mother in law that he was going to be in that medow soon. Then he would go on and tell her all of the family members that were there and waiting.

She thought it could have been the drugs "morfin" to ease the pain.

My mother in laws older sister, 'louvina" has been seeing family members that have passed eons ago and some that have passed recently sitting at her table. I don't know if she is having conversations with them or not.
This one concerns me because Louvina, stop taking all of her medicine because she thought it may be causing the visions.

While she was off her meds she was still seeing family members at her table. She is back on her meds and is still seeing them sitting on her cabinets and at the kitchen table.

She is not in good health. Her doctor is concerned about her heart, however she is still pretty spunky for her age of 85 years.

My wife had a life long friend that had hodgkins limpfoma. Just a few months ago he was baptized and joined the catholic church. Today we recieved news from his mother that he had pass this last Tuesday Nov. 30 2010.

His mom told my wife that on Sunday he starrted seeing family members that had passed. Now heres the kicker...

His mom told us that his weener dog had been hit by a car and killed a week prior while he was in the hospital. The family didn't have the hearrt to tell him, because he was so weak and they didn't want to put him in any disstress.

Monday he began seeing his Grandmother, uncle and his weeneer dog. He ask his mom "why am I seeing my weener dog?"
he actually called the dog by his name which is I have forgot.

they didn't tell him that his dog passed. even though he was seeing him beyond the viel. He probably thought to himself that he was halusinating.

What do think? have you heard of stories like this? I think I will do some research on this when the Lord allows.

I thought I would get a few responses from all of my friends her on sermonindex. If you find any stories in the bible please do share.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

2010/12/2 21:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Seeing beyond the Viel...

sonsigns,

I hope you get a lot of responses to your questions - I would love to hear them.

Allow me to share that I am convinced there are people who have had visions of heaven. And then I am also convinced that some visions are counterfeit. In discerning which is which I have come to the conclusion that the ones from the LORD will have the LORD showing himself to the person and this person will come back with an urgency to witness, to urge people to repent, urge people to get ready for Jesus return.

Last spring we had a couple who came to our store with a similar story like you shared. I asked him whether he saw the LORD or angels and he replied in the negative. He said the meadow was a peaceful place; he saw family members beyond the gate and told them he had to go back before he can join them; also said that he sensed hell was nearby but did not see it, just sensed it. Then he concluded that he will work hard to do good deeds so he can return to that place someday.

What do you think about this?

ginnyrose

2010/12/2 22:05Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

I flat lined from a car accident 15 years ago and remembered everything that I saw while on the other side. The hospital was in a uproar over me and the paramedics that brought me in asked to see me when they brought another person into the same trauma unit a couple of hours later. I do not know what they saw happen but the one medic threw her hands up over her face and ran out of the room saying that she could not bare to look at me.

Later the head of the HP accident investigative unit showed up because they had heard that I was dead and then came back to life. She ended up getting upset with me because as she said 14 years of being the lead investigator she had never heard anything like what they said happened to me and that I should have been more grateful.

At that time to me it was just one more time that I had cheated death that back in those days was an occupational hazard that either you survived or you died

I had to quit telling the story of what I saw because secular people thought I was nut when i told them that there was life on the other side. Five years later and after my recent baptism I told the story to a neighbor that was a Baptist. He told me that everything I saw was written in Revelations. That did not surprise me because I always knew I had been in the presence of God.

It did not take me long to find what I witnessed and it was what John recorded of the resurrection of the dead in Re.20 12,15. That made sense to me since I had died officially but while everyone was looking at my dead body I was very much alive but without my body and in a different dimension. So I understand why Paul said whether in the body or not he could not tell because neither could I

Between that and a vision of Jesus on the Cross that was unlike any painting I had ever seen took me on a path that has brought me where I am now.

Unfortunately a lot of Christians do not take kindly to it and the last place I posted my testimony I had to take it down because of some attacks on what God had done..

Heck I have been called about every end time derogatory name that exist as well as some more normal but certainly very unkind names.

Anyway I gained some insight with signs following but it came at a price. So I started writing a book that God willing will be done pretty soon.

I will say this much that before your body grows cold whatever is going to be for you in the next life has already been decided within a very short time.

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/2 23:09Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Doug,

I would love to hear the details of what you saw...I believe what you are saying...I hope you will share it here on SI...

Quote:
a vision of Jesus on the Cross that was unlike any painting I had ever seen

We had an old brother in our church who also had a vision of the LORD Jesus and he said the same. Because of it, he had all pictures of Jesus destroyed in his house because he said they do not look like him.

In reference to the lead post, I will share this. My husbands' uncle was a very ungodly man. He abused his wife, drank, was a tavern owner, etc. Anyhow, he got sick and was hospitalized. As death neared he screamed in horror about the flames that were licking at his feet....his attending nurse said she hopes she will never, ever, witness anything like this again.

ginnyrose

2010/12/3 5:27Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Hi ginnyrose

In all the years since then that is the first time someone has asked to see how Jesus appeared in the vision. IMO that speaks well of you because everyone else focusses on the coming back to life part for what ever reason that they have.

Here is a copy paste part that has to with the vision of Jesus. If possible I would like to hear how this other person described Jesus. I did meet one other man over the years who was good at drawing that while showing me what God had shown him when he turned the page there was Jesus exactly as I had seen Him down to some of the smallest details...... just about knocked me over

Blessings

Doug

As this became evident to me a new problem of anger and animosity arose within me along with hopes of vengeance ruling my thought process from the time I woke up until I went back to sleep. At the same time this was going on I was trying desperately to change who I was and what I had become but as hard as I would try I could not escape myself. For me to make a successful change I had to undergo a complete metamorphosis like a leopard that wants to change his spots but by myself this was impossible.

By the time 9/11 happened my hope of forgiving others for what they done to me was another impossibility and the word “forgiveness” would get stuck in my throat when trying to recite the Lord’s Prayer consequently I could not even finish the prayer. My “walk” towards God had hit a roadblock and there did not seem to be anyway for me to find peace. I was trying to approach God without Jesus Christ even though when I had made my profession forty years earlier I had done so through John 3:16. I felt a little guilty about it like I was now trying to leave Him out of it and deal directly with the Father however my neighbor said it was ok since it was all the same.

The same neighbor invited me to a weekday evening service that was just a couple of days after 9/11 so as you can imagine the place was packed. I wasn’t there because I was afraid the world was coming to the end because all I knew was that if I could not get past my problem with forgiveness I wasn’t going to find the peace that I needed to find. The service was interesting and the Pastor’s personality drew affection from the people that were gathered together and when the service was over an altar call was announced for those who felt inclined to come forward. There was no way that I was going to walk to the front of a large gathering and openly pray however since everybody else was praying it seemed like a good time to ask God for help with my problem. So with my head in my hands and sitting in a church I began to pray to God asking Him for help in becoming able to forgive those people who had wronged me.

While praying a shiny area appeared in front of my eyes with a mound of earth, blue sky, clouds, and a cross with Jesus Christ. This surprised me so I opened my eyes and while I could then see the pastor and the congregation the Cross of Jesus Christ still remained completely visible. When I would shut my eyes or open them again Jesus and His Cross were always there in front of me, about ten inches away. I suppose you can imagine how completely shocked I was but since it wasn’t going away I decided to study it in detail for as long as it remained.

The first thing that stood out to me was the color of His skin. It was nothing like the pictures I had seen. His skin was quite dark in color sort of an olive-brown about the same color as the wood that he was nailed to. The other thing was that I could only see His Cross and not the ones to either side of Him. This continued to last for several minutes and then it gradually faded away. Shortly after that the pastor finished praying and everybody started to lift their heads, I told the couple whom I was with what had just happened. She smiled but he had a rather skeptical look, as it was definitely something that had never happened to him. When we went out for dinner afterwards I tried to take part in the conversation but my mind was fixed upon what had just taken place.

By the time I went to bed that evening I realized that what had happened to me was a vision and while I was both grateful and happy I really did not grasp the significance until I woke up in the middle of the night. During that time period I had been reading the Gospel of John and what I now understood was that God was showing me that I as a person I never would be able to forgive. It is not the nature of a human being to forgive. People make compromises such as, for this reason I forgive you or we are sometimes willing to overlook events just to obtain some sort of goal. The fact is that people do not forgive and I was probably the least forgiving person of all. So what God did show me was that even though I myself (the “old Doug”) never would forgive, the Spirit of Christ Jesus through the blessing of Pentecost existed in me as a “new Doug” and He had already done all the forgiving that has ever needed to be done.

2010/12/3 8:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Doug,

I appreciated your sharing this vision...I thoroughly enjoyed it although I had a problem with the first paragraph - had a problem understanding its context - but I kept reading. I believe what you shared. Every word of it.

Quote:
I would like to hear how this other person described Jesus.

This person is now deceased. If I recall, he was at a loss to explain what Jesus looked like.

A few weeks ago in our Sunday School class at church a sister shared an incident: "her marriage was on the rocks, she had a lot of issues to deal with because she was molested by her adoptive dad. This made marriage so much more difficult, hence her problems. One night as she was lying on the sofa, the LORD appeared to her: She saw a dying man on the cross. He told her that He shed his blood for her..." and there was more but I cannot repeat it because I forgot. But will ask her before too long to repeat it and will come back with that info.

I love to hear stories of people who have seen the LORD. It is not essential for my salvation, just an encouragement.

Thanks for sharing, Doug.

Now, I wonder if Krispy also saw the LORD when he had his heart attack?

ginnyrose

2010/12/3 17:53Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Ginnyrose

I really do not know. I don't believe you would have to see Jesus, while having a beyond the veil experience. I hope would feel peice and comfort and know god is near.

My feelings on this is that I believe the Lord allows some to peak behind the viel more as to comfort them, like in the stories I shared, before one passes away.

I think this maybe the closest that we will come to understanding life on the other side, Without a beyond and back experience.

P.S. I Love reading the stories that everyone has provided so far. It is really encouraging to know that there are others in the Faith of Christ, that also find these stories fscinating and comforting.

P.P.S. Keep them coming... Glory to God!

2010/12/3 21:23Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Lesserlight

Hey Doug,

I ahave never had a Beyond and Back experience. i did watch the movie when i was a 6 or 7 year old kid.

the closest experience I have had to this was in 2004. I was driving home from work and as I turned onto a biway 8 miles from home I heard "STOP!"

I believe if there was a passenger in the car with me they would have heard it to. it shook me through my bones. I imediatly pulled the truck over. I knew this shout was from God.

I waited... not long enough though. My mind told me that I was hearing things. At this time a was backslidden. So I pulled back onto the highway and continued on my way.

A few miles down the road I saw one of the elecrtric companies trucks getting ready to turn. The next thing I saw was the truck moving into it turn in front of me.

I was driving 60MPH and slammed on the brakes. The truck lock up on me skidding and not slowing much. I tried to veere the truck into the ditch, but my coarse eas set straight toward them.

I felt such a piece fall on my being and heard a still small voice say to me " You will be alright..."

I wasn't wearing my seat belt and felt two big strong hands grab my shoulders on either side of me and pulled me back into my seat.

I had a death grip on the string wheel, wathcing in still frames as the truck I was driving stayed it coarse. I could see the driver and two other passengers through there window. They were laughing and didn't see me. then the passenger that was next to the door, his eyes bulged and he grab the dash, bracing for the impact.

Then I heard the crushing of metal and glass breaking. Suprisingly, I didn't feel anything until...I felt my body sliding down the the back of the bench seat and the stering column falling into my lap.

I open my eyes and the first thing I saw was white smoke rolling through the vents. the smoke was from the baterry exploding and the acid burning on the engine.

I opened the small rear glass from the back window and planned my escape. then the excruciating pain set in and I fell into a fetal position on the bench seat.

I hung on the small voice that told me I was going to be allright. I even told this to my wife when she arrived at the accident.

That is the closest to a beyond and back situation I have been too and don't want to experience anything like it again.

2010/12/3 22:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Ok, I called this lady and asked her to repeat this incident.

She said one night she was really struggling, so she went out to the living room, knelt by their sofa and prayed. During this time the LORD showed himself to her: she saw the man on the cross. What He looked like, what color He was she did not know.

She did not mention that Jesus told her that he shed his blood for her, so when I said this was the case I am wrong. Sorry about that. Yet, this reality was understood by showing her the cross. So, you can take it however you want.

This vision of the cross means a lot to this sister. It is sacred. It helped to heal their marriage, of this she is adamant! Without it she declares it could not have survived.

Is it not wonderful that God knows exactly what we need to live victoriously for Him and will do whatever it takes to accomplish that? He is worthy of all praise, honor and glory!

ginnyrose

2010/12/4 10:02Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Hi ginnyrose

Thanks for the kind words

I know when I had my vision of Jesus it was actually hard to look directly at His face. Even though His body was dead by all appearances His face is just so Holy that rather than look directly at it I would look at how His hair would hang down the sides....... so I can understand why people would not remember what His face looked like.

Sonsigns

That is a beautiful story of the reassurance that we are safe in His hands. IMO it also show predestination on your part if I understood you correctly that this happened before you had an intimate encounter at the Cross.......

Thanks for sharing

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/4 14:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy