Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : IHOP - Mike Bickle

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

IHOP - Mike Bickle

Hi has anyone heard of Mike Bickle and the Internation House of Prayer. What is your opinion ?

2010/12/2 19:29Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: IHOP - Mike Bickle

I don't know the intentions of the poster but this is dangerous ground. With all due respect I hope it gets shut down before we see some very poor behavior and opinions fly of their hinges.

2010/12/2 19:44Profile
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re:

My apologies it was a genuine question. I am happy to leave this unanswered.

2010/12/2 19:49Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

No worries and I am sure you will get your answer, but its been a pattern that when someone asks about a certain ministry the gloves of opinion come off. I encourage your curiosity just thought I would share what may probably occur. But perhaps we will learn to speak with a gracious and merciful tongue this time around. :)

I know there are some who strong oppose Ihop and there are some that strongly support. This is generally the Recipe for diastor unfortunately.

2010/12/2 19:54Profile
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re:

My reason for asking is that I have a brother who is seriously considering this and I am not getting a good vibe about it. So I wanted to find out what is the general consensus of opinions around here

2010/12/2 20:43Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

that will depend on who you ask :) I personal have no real problem with Mike, I have gone to Ihop a couple of times and the atmosphere is very interesting. Something you don't usually get everyday. The 24/7 prayer is quite interesting and it was refreshing to be in a place where Jesus Christ was greatly talked about.

Please understand there are various opinions but believe its only fair to produce your own opinion. :)

2010/12/2 20:57Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: IHOP - Mike Bickle

joeSOC: Mguldner is right about one thing. Many develop very strong feelings and opinions about different ministers and ministries. These opinions come from a host of different places. For some it is out of fear, others loyalty to a denomination or teacher or teaching, others a true concern for truth, and on and on we could go. It is not always fruitful to talk about a particular minister, especially one who for some is controversial.

That being said, I have had some first hand experience with IHOP, although I have never met Mike, and can say this. My son went through a crisis in his life in which he almost abandoned his faith altogether. It was a VERY tense Thanksgiving day that particular year. I am so thankful for a man who was also influential in my son's life who spent hours with him that day instead of his own families celebration.

My son attended a two week teen camp at IHOP that summer and as a result decided to take part in a 9 month internship at IHOP. It changed his life. He returned with a fire and zeal for God that has never left him, and he is now in pursuit of God, working in inner city children's ministry in a different city and in a totally different flow from IHOP. I have spent quite a few hours in the prayer room there and have been to several services and conferences there. While I do not agree with everything they teach doctrinally, I do sense that it is a place where there is a genuine move of the Spirit of God and would recommend it.

I know there are those who would disagree, and you can search the forums at SI and find much debate and discussion about it. I only have my own testimony and that of my son.

I would visit their website and read carefully what they are all about. You can even watch live streaming from the prayer room to get a feel for what that is like.

Blessings.

2010/12/2 21:27Profile
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re:

Is there anything in their doctrine of beliefs that stick out as not orthox
Is there anything in the way do prayer and worship that would not be in alignment with pattern described in the bible.

Thank you for the feedback.

2010/12/2 21:54Profile
knitefall

Re:

oh Lord, here we go again. Just watch a small clip from their web site. If THAT does not freak you out and make you want to run away, do some research on the lighthousetrails website and look up something called the Kundalini awakening.

2010/12/2 22:11Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Let the Lord lead you and your friend. He will not lead you astray.

2010/12/3 1:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy