SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Persecution Continues in India

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Persecution Continues in India

This is a report from Voice of the martyrs, Please continue to lift up our brothers and Sisters in India.

Two years after the worse anti-Christian violence in India, Orissa Christians still live in a state of insecurity and danger. "The Christians of Kandhamal are still living in a situation of discrimination. Sometimes the government food supplies, and other assets that should be distributed among the poor are not delivered to the Christians. In some villages Christian children are not allowed access to government schools," unnamed sources told AsiaNews.
"There is no violence, but there is no peace," Archbishop Raphael Cheenath said. "About 16,000 families have no homes and Christians are not allowed to return to 20 villages unless they convert to Hinduism. In many villages in Kandhamal, Christians live with mistreatment and humiliation every day. They are not allowed to take water from the village well, collect firewood or buy food from shops. The authorities do nothing to prevent such abuse, even if we have made complaints. Their silence is disturbing."

Source: AsiaNews

Please Pray!
Please pray for the Christians in Orissa who are displaced or otherwise suffering in the aftermath of the 2008 riots. Winter is upon them and relief aid is needed. Pray that the Lord will supply all their needs according to his riches in glory. Pray that the authorities will take action on behalf of the Christians

2010/12/2 18:15Profile
knitefall

Re: Persecution Continues in India

I will be there, 45 min. south of there in a half year. It's real!

2010/12/2 22:13Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Persecution Continues in India

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4.19

Lord, help our persecuted brethren in India, I believe you can feed and provide for them in the forest and save even more and more Indians Jesus!!

2010/12/3 6:03Profile

Re:

omg. any links?

2010/12/8 2:43
knitefall

Re:

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/religiontoday/11642382/

this link holds some info for the prayer minded.

2010/12/8 8:57Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I am joining in for prayer for India and these people as well. Come Lord Jesus, come.

2010/12/10 11:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy