Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - MORNING DECEMBER 2

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - MORNING DECEMBER 2

Ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power. - It pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell. - Of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Thou anointest my head with oil. - The anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

I JOHN 2:20. Acts 10:38. Col. 1:19. John 1:16. Psa. 23:5. I John 2:27. John 14:26. Rom. 8:26.

2010/12/2 14:24Profile

EVENING REFLECTIONS - MORNING DECEMBER 2

Broken Bread
DAILY DEVOTIONS FROM THE DAILY LIGHT

by
Evan Hopkins

Ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.--1 John 2:20

The Lord Jesus is referred to in this chapter under two important aspects--one in connection with His atoning sacrafice, and the other in connection with His annointing power. The first of these we have in the first verse of this chapter: " And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." The righteous One; the One who fulfilled all righteousness; the One who met all the claims of a righteous law. He is the righteous One, as "He is the propitiation for our sins." Righteousness is the great idea that comes out in connection with atonement for sin and the fulfillment of the law.

But there is another aspect that is seperate from the thought of sin altogether. Christ is the "holy One." As the righteous One, He fulfilled all the just claims of God's law as the Judge--as the holy One, He satisfied all the demands of God's heart as a Father.

It is from Him who hath recieved of the Father the plenitude of the Holy Ghost for His people, from Him who is the holy One, exalted to the right hand of the majesty on high--that the holy anointing flow to His people.

2010/12/2 19:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy