Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : bro mark driscoll

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
knitefall

Re:

Amen amen,

both good posts.

The Truth is, what does God speak? That's then the Truth.

Exactly three years ago, I would have called this man a heretic, and that based on appearance!!!

so I listened out of curiosity and I must say that his reformed teachings are spot on.

watch this (or listen if doing dishes or something):

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/trial/humble-christians

you may be pleased. EDIT: really, I mean it - listen to this and tell on the board what is not doctrinal about this. I am not finished yet with listening to this but I'm about the 22:44 mark and so far, I'm edified.

with love again, me.

2010/12/2 13:03Profile
knitefall

Re:

Follow up,

it's 12:39 where I live and I have to go to work.

The message is at 44:02 and I'll finish it later.

I hope many watch this, it has been good and convicting. Though he does not beat his sheep up with "thou shalt not" there is Godly conviction.

I realize that on SI there are people with doctor's degrees and others with master's and etc... I find myself humbled to be able to post and communicate with you here. I do find it obvious that some of our posters on SI have no clue how to identify Spirit teaching. I know folk come from all around the world and meet at SI with various ideas and teachings. But Jesus is still the Head of His Church and people are forgiven everyday. Pastor Mark confesses over the early days of his ministry. I love this brother, I see his heart. It still may be others in the emergent movement that have evil plans, it's obvious. Bro Mark is okay in my book though.

please watch the message posted above so I can stop whining about it (-:

2010/12/2 13:33Profile
knitefall

Re:

Good evening,

2010/12/2 22:14Profile
knitefall

Re:

Alright, I'm back from work.

So, what did you all think of the Driscoll video message I posted today?

2010/12/2 22:15Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i listened to 3 messages on the link by mr.driscoll and am wondering where is the problem.he did not use bad language and preached the gospel of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.he was quite conservative theologicly...i must not have gotten to the messages where he is sooooo bad.jimp

2010/12/2 22:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I have reviewed and spent time in prayer about mark driscoll. I have watched many videos and audio and also spoken to many people who listen to driscoll all the time. I have met some people from the mars hill church and heard many other things. I decided very clearly not to add mark driscoll messages to sermonindex.

I personally find many of his statements and ways of sharing the scripture not godly. He does have some good things to state against legalism, but sadly he himself is not standing for a truer more genuine christianity in many ways. I find it very hard to sit through a message preached by him. He mostly attracts a younger crowd that are disillusioned with more organized, older christianity. The freedom is not in his messages but in looking to the living true Jesus Christ.

One of the rules of the forums of sermonindex.net is not to post to "outside" media past sermonindex.net for this very purpose. We don't want the forums a place for people to post to all the media that they like that is not on sermonindex.net for that reason I am locking this thread. And ask that other Mark Driscoll videos are not linked to in the forums.

I do not agree with all the things that Phil Johnson teaches but at the John Macarthur conference he gave a message of warning to mark driscoll and I felt it had biblical authority so I added it to the sermonindex.net channel:

Sound Doctrine, Sound Words by Phil Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2gDmCM1jfk

2010/12/2 22:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy