SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : bro mark driscoll

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
davym

Re:

Pilgrim

I've seen Timechangers. It's really good and thought provoking. I'd encourage believers to watch it if they get the chance.

David

2010/12/2 5:16Profile

Re:

There's an awful lot out there on Driscoll's language and style. How that slips past us, I fear to give opinion of why.

The quotes in just this one article anger me so, about how Immanuel, Almighty GOD in the flesh is characterized. We're to let our words be seasoned with salt, and to put away our former conversation and let no unclean thing out of our mouths. SO many Scriptures to refute a loose tongue.

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/driscoll_michels.pdf?zoom_highlight=mark+driscoll

Why would anyone use the excuse "Well, he's trying to minister in big bad Seattle." .... when Times Square Church is on the corner of Broadway and 51st and has never needed to resort to becoming "cussing pastors" nor calling Christ a "dude", etc. Being in a big city was never an excuse for the Apostles neither.
I read testimonies from people who had struggled in their lives with immorality, finding themselves Back into the struggle After hearing this man.

Driscoll's been discussed here before, some time back, just before his booze & boogey New Year's Eve bash.
These things have been brought up before.

For those still calling this man "brother" - I can't picture the Apostle Paul attending Mars Hill and patting this man on the back. I do believe that some are truly ignorant of the definition of a "wolf in sheep's clothing".
I have also been very surprised at the names of some who have actually excused him and have shared a pulpit with him.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Mat 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
Mat 7:29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Let's Honor The King of Kings - He is Thrice Holy. Amen

2010/12/2 6:04
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Amen Jesus-is-GOD,
You brought it to the point
I wonder why so many here can't see it.

2010/12/2 8:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Seems to me that people who feed at the feet of people like Driscoll are like those who scrounge among garbage dumpsters for a meal when instead they could go inside the restaurant and get a full meal - for free!

Yes, "Timechangers" is a worthwhile DVD to watch.

My opinion....

2010/12/2 8:55Profile

Re: discipled by Chris Rock to preach...shock jock rich.

This to me is one of examples of the extreme grace end of reformed theology that brings forth the pure fruit of it's error. ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED....co-yoked with an inordinate obsession to deny the Holy Spirit as Lord.

Originally this is done in the seminaries where these "Pastors" are educated to believe that any move of God speaking or manifesting is error,as is anything prophetic. "It is of the devil!"..they are taught, and teach.

[the Spirit Ruling and speaking...] ["HE THAT HAS AN EAR, LET HIM HEAR, WHAT THE SPIRIT IS SPEAKING TO THE CHURCHES!"...Jesus.

This [the spirit ruling and speaking..] ended upon the death of John, and the completion of Revelation. THIS IS WHAT THE "REFORMED" SEMINARIES TEACH, AND WORSE! From this theology, clowns like Driscoll have forged a foothold, and are accepted!

Thus, the church dwells in a lock box, and after that initial act of the individual receiving salvation..[often as dubious as raising your hand, standing, and getting dunked..]; THEN what else is there?

Your locked into Heaven, and the alarm will only go off when we all are raptured before any suffering will come our way.

Live your life as happy as possible, try not to sin too much, and you might as well "Be Real" while your at it.

Consider Driscoll in the 1st century serving within the body of ELDERS at Ephesus. About how long would his unblushing sexual innuendos be tolerated, and tyranny of the ONE MAN SHOW, be tolerated? About as long as it would take to plant the LEFT FOOT of FELLOWSHIP you know where.

This is where we've came to, and I agree with most here, and am frankly proud to be among such discerning brothers and sisters here on SI.

Remember, that without the HOLY SPIRIT leading, and without us abiding within the HOLY spirit each day, THERE IS NO LIFE!

Without the Holy Spirit speaking, and honored, men like Driscoll find there own path to success. Who can argue with 10s of thousands in the meetings? No Spirit, No Life. Chris Rock would probably be funnier. Hades, where this usurper is greasing the slicks for them, is not.

Here is a view from a conservative brother, also.

COMMENTARY BELOW BY JOHN MACARTHUR.

"Oddly enough, it was a stand-up comedian, foul-mouthed Chris Rock, whom Mark Driscoll credits with teaching him how to preach.

Mark claims this comedian was "a better study in homiletics than most classes on the subject." (Confessions of a Reformed Rev, pg. 70). Therefore, would he think others should also follow his example, which will require them to fill their mind with curse words and smut in order to learn how to effectively deliver a good sermon?

Admittedly, Mark Driscoll states he is reformed in his thinking, and he can deliver a sound sermon if he wants to. But, that does not negate his reckless, irreverent treatment of God's Word, and the crude language that proceeds out of his mouth. This only makes his ministry more dangerous.

If an enemy of the faith had used the same comedy to mock and pervert the Word of God, we would see this attack for what it is.

Moreover, throughout the history of the church, vulgarity and playing fast and loose with Scripture would have immediately been identified as falsehood, error, or a serious character flaw. However, for some reason, today many in the Church are compromising and excusing ungodly behavior coming from the pulpit."

John MaCarthur

2010/12/2 9:18

Re:

I was shocked. I'll admit it.

There is more to this man than meets the eye and I don't want to know about it.

Anyone that cannot see that this man has an unclean spirit (at minimum) is undiscerning.

And that is one of the big problems today. No Discernment.

"Why would anyone use the excuse "Well, he's trying to minister in big bad Seattle." .... when Times Square Church is on the corner of Broadway and 51st and has never needed to resort to becoming "cussing pastors" nor calling Christ a "dude", etc. Being in a big city was never an excuse for the Apostles neither."

Jesus and the early disciples ministered in big, bad Israel, the apex of Phariseeism. The place where the Son of God was murdered and many early disciples but they never stooped to this level.

And people love this stuff!

Jer 5:31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

2010/12/2 9:43
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
Listen to the first 15 minutes!

It took everything within me to watch this for a full 15 minutes. This was horrible. The first I've ever really watched Driscoll.

I am not sure if I would call him a brother.

2010/12/2 9:53Profile
knitefall

too cool

Yes and many of these posts have helped to prove his point.

So I rest my case!

On another note:

I probably would not attend the MH church as a 'home church' unless the other churches in that area really are dead and full of law like he says.

I read the article (PDF) that was posted by another - thank you.

I will tell you all that he is not of the worst grouping of Emergent peoples out there. He names names of those that are wacky. I know Mark has been picked on a lot lately but I seriously think hardly anyone would pick on him anymore if you seen the real emergent teachers. They are the ones out to lunch and need talked about - not this man who obviously has a heart for God. But I got a kick out of how he uses humor to draw out and make mad the religious... JUST LIKE THE BIBLE!

If you can't see it and let it be for what it is, you're religious.

visit his web site, he certainly does not appear at first like he would have ANYTHING at all to say for God but John the Baptizer did not either. You'll find he heralds the Cross and no works Righteousness on our part.

Enjoy eating worms

shawn.

2010/12/2 12:28Profile

Re: too cool

knitefall,

In all fairness, I know what you are saying. You are seeing the good that he is doing in exposing hypocrisy.

There are other ways to expose Phariseeism, and his way is certainly working (you can't deny that), but I hope not to the ultimate spiritual detriment of himself or his followers.

Time will tell.

2010/12/2 12:55
mguldner

Kansas

Re: too cool

Shawn its doesn't prove his point that people are getting upset about this.

If I said you would get upset at me making fun of you because you were close minded and un"fun" and you got upset because I made fun of you doesn't give me a right to draw this conclusion.

You get upset because your feelings are hurt because you were personally attacked and have strong conviction about your person.

"Religious" people have a strong love for the Lord and when you make fun of God and mock the His Word people that Love the Lord tend to get upset, so calling them religious that is an unfair conclusion.

The Pharisees were extremely hypocritical and proud, I have meet many like them including myself but to lump them all into one big category is quite unfair. The Pharisees had no actual love for God while the Godly had true care and Love for the Heavenly Father, we must be more discerning than just using blanket statements between the "religious" and the truly religious whose cares and concerns are on man's approval and acceptance rather than on God's.

2010/12/2 12:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy