SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : witnessing to the unchurched

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Lysa, you said about the same as what I wanted to say. God uses us "all" differentially,and gives us all our own "unique" way to minister to the lost,Andie there is no standard/correct way to witness to others, and every time you do witness/minister the circumstances will be different, and so will your words.

If God has truly lead you to minister/witness to someone, he will give you the "correct" words to use, you will not stumble in those words, they will pour out as if God himself was standing there witnessing to the person/persons. The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you. Remember the upmost importance of ministering/witnessing to the lost, is to plant a seed, not to preach a sermon.

I have one son that is lost because of my Preaching to him all the time, he now claims to be an agnostic, I pray he will come back to the Lord one day. I also feel God used my son as an example of what can happen if I did not stop the watering, trust me I have stopped the watering, "unless" I feel it in my Spirit that God wants me to speak more into a persons life, right after I have planted the seed. God never told us that being a Christian would be a cake walk, matter fact, it's just the opposite "well it has been for me" but the Blessing comes from the Glory God gets, from letting him work through us.

2010/12/2 11:50Profile

Re:

How many of us have been there? Where we slay people with scriptures, but our character and love don't line up?

All because people preach Ezekiel to us and put guilt on us that if we don't hurry up and dump all the Word we can think of on people, that we will be guilty of their blood if they die.

Eze 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
Eze 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

We do so many things because it makes us feel good and alleviates our false guilt, but it is really selfish and shows blatant disregard for the tender soul that God loves.

We walk away and think to ourselves, "Well, I gave them the Word and now it's all on them". And we feel better about that?

When we are not led by the Spirit, we fall into legalism and we cause so much damage.

Pity and courtesy are very important. People are beat down all around us and we don't need to beat them down any more.

1Pe 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

The wise application of God's Word in truth and love is needed.

1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

2Jn 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

2010/12/2 12:06
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

How many of us have been there? Where we slay people with scriptures, but our character and love don't line up?

Amen and Amen and Amen Pilgrim, I have been there many, many times, and I hate it, I lost a son to this world because of it. I wished I would have just shut my mouth, because that was my flesh speaking, my flesh wanted the Glory, I have to say this again, my flesh wanted the Glory, and look what happened to me. I know God will fix it one day, but look how I am suffering because of letting my stupid flesh, try and get the Glory. If there is anything I did gain, it was to "DIE" to my flesh everyday, I deserve "NOTHING" to God only, be the Glory. Yes, I am angry over losing my son to the world, who in there right mind would not be. I do trust that circumstances and events that we see as setbacks, are often times, the very things that launch us into periods of intense spiritual growth, I have seen this play out in my personal life.

2010/12/2 12:41Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Eze 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

Using this scripture in the context of witnessing makes no sense. A Watchman warns those in Jerusalem the enemy is coming. This scripture is more of a warning for pastors that let wolves devour the flock or the reluctant prophet who God delivers his message of warning but does not want to deliver it to the people. Twisting the scriptures is not of God but of satan. Let it be far from us to do something like this brethren.

2010/12/2 13:33Profile

Re:

MrBillPro,

I know your pain. My sympathies. Truly.

But God can redeem any situation. The fact that he has changed you and me in this regard, is redemptive in itself.

You are alive, you're son is alive (thank God for that) and that is HUGE.

Walking with God is very painful as most of our problems we bring on ourselves. At least that is my experience and observation of many friends through the years.

We serve a good and kind God and I just take hope in Him that He loves these people more than I do. But, I am determined to walk in love and set all the apologetics aside. Some people may have seen others come to the Lord through arguing and debate, but I never have.

2010/12/2 13:37
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

MyVeryHeart said:Twisting the scriptures is not of God but of satan. Let it be far from us to do something like this brethren.

Just checking here, do you think he purposely twisted the scripture? or maybe just lacks some understanding? We are called to be Godly Christians,if someone is truly lacking in understanding, accusing them of twisting the scripture, doesn't seem to God like, but that only my opinion. Maybe I am wrong to key in on this, if so please forgive me,I just felt lead.
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2010/12/2 13:40Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Thanks Pilgrim, that really Blessed me, as my old Pastor use to say, "put it in writing, you might just Bless someone".
God Bless
Brother Bill

2010/12/2 13:44Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Mr. BillPro

I believe you have misunderstood. Pilgrim is my brother. I am not accusing him of anything.

2010/12/2 13:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood, this is one of the faults with cyberspace, we can't see the person's heart.So I was wrong to key in on this,please forgive me.
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2010/12/2 13:54Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Hello Andi

IMO and especially when it comes to witnessing to people that are close to you I can think of nothing else that reaches them like your testimony will.

These are people that care about you and what effects you will hold their attention like nothing else

Tell them what Christ did for you and why you went to Him with all the other religions in the world

And pray for them like their life depends on it.

God Bless my mother but we never had a conversation that she did not end with "Douglas I love you and pray for you every day"

I needed those prayers as I had left my walk with Jesus in my early teens and lived most of my life at war with God. When she passed away when I was 47 I had not yet come back to the Lord.

Here I am today and nothing comes close to mattering as much as Christ in me matters........ I have seen the evil side and I know what the word Savior means.

We all have testimonies and IMO nothing is better than using your experience with God with the ones that care about you

And I will pray that God give you the words to share and for their hearts be turned to hear

Blessings

Doug

2010/12/2 14:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy