SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED ! What Are We Healed From?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
carly49

Ontario

BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED ! What Are We Healed From?

Hi:

Pe 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The bible states that "BY HIS STRIPES, WE ARE HEALED", What are we healed from? So many people need physical healing of some sort, and others need mind healing. Unless this means when we ask Jesus to come into our lives, we are healed from going to hell? Reality is that I have much pain and anger that needs healing and deliverance which has not been healed, even though I have asked the Lord for such.

My Inquiring Mind Needs To Know

Carly

:-)

2004/11/6 18:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED ! What Are We Healed From?

Quote:
The bible states that "BY HIS STRIPES, WE ARE HEALED", What are we healed from? So many people need physical healing of some sort, and others need mind healing. Unless this means when we ask Jesus to come into our lives, we are healed from going to hell? Reality is that I have much pain and anger that needs healing and deliverance which has not been healed, even though I have asked the Lord for such.

Hi Carly, I have moved this thread to the 'scriptures and doctrine' discussion section. Try to when you are posting to start the thread in the appropriate section on the forums, there are descriptions for each forum section to help in that decision:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/

As for this topic it has been discussed much already on the forums:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2482&forum=36#15776

I would encourage you to use the search feature on the frontpage to search the forums for older discussions, there are alot of good ones already taken place.

Also I would recommend you review this also "Trophimus I Left Sick":
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3305&forum=35

2004/11/6 19:02Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

I believe that both Isaiah and Peter, both mean Healing from sin (iniquity and transgression). However, I believe that they include the consequences and effects also.

This would allow for sicknesses, strife, offences, poverty (as in a perceived lack of enough), etc. Why doesn't it manifest? Did you ever stop to think that there is a reason Jesus taught us to pray the the Father's "will me done on earth as it is in heaven", and stated that "you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"?

Interestingly, there is an implied condition of obedience to each one (Matthew emphasising submission to the Father as King - "Thy kingdom come", and John emphasising obedience to Jesus commands - "if you keep my commandments").

If anyone has read any of my posts lately, you may notice that I have been speading alot of time deveoping my teeth to chew on the "meat" of obedience. Sorry, I'm a one stringed fiddle at times.:-)

2004/11/6 23:13Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Hi carly
We've been here before although the waters became a little choppy! :-?
Try by His stripes

2004/11/7 3:45Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Quote:
If anyone has read any of my posts lately, you may notice that I have been speading alot of time deveoping my teeth to chew on the "meat" of obedience. Sorry, I'm a one stringed fiddle at times.

Brother Aaron that's funny. I'm the same way at present. My pastor says quite often, I only have one message. Repent! That's my one string for now, although obedience and repentance are tied together so perhaps I have a two string fiddle. :-)

2004/11/7 7:19Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Gideons wrote:
Brother Aaron that's funny. I'm the same way at present. My pastor says quite often, I only have one message. Repent! That's my one string for now, although obedience and repentance are tied together so perhaps I have a two string fiddle. :-)

In the words of J Edwin Orr, "If I told you to leave America and go the England, it may sound like two directives. Let me assure you, you cannot go to England without leaving America." All that as an illustration of "repent & believe". If we "believe that He is, and is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him", then it would be totally illogical to disobey.

Therefore "repent and believe"="repent and obey".

Sorry for the diversion Carly. :-)

2004/11/8 22:42Profile
Avigayil

Illinois, USA

When you accepted Christ into your heart as L-rd and Savior that was for your spirit to have eternal everlasting life, in heaven with Him.

But He also made provision for your body and soul. You are made up of three parts spirit, body and soul. The Father is concerned about all three!

In Isa. 53:3 we read that Jesus was wounded, bruised, chastised, and took stripes.For our transgressions, iniquities, peace, and healing. That covers all three parts spirit, soul [your mind or intellect] and body.

I have received personally physically healing in my body, and inner healing for my emotions or mind. Jesus gave us peace, and joy. It sure is great to have both!!!

2004/11/8 23:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy