SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : They Only Had A Table

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lesserlight

They Only Had A Table

I have been doing some writing and came to the Tabernacle of David that a few weeks back Pilgrim 777 had posted that David had simply pitched a tent over it.

That seemed to make sense to me at the time but when I went to confirm it I could not. So I posted that and took the position that it could not be proven therefore could not be established as suitable doctrine to be taught.

That always bothered me because what Pilgrim said seemed right but I have always been a stickler for supporting evidence within scripture

So today I looked at it from a different angle to see if I could see where some might have been worshipping without the Ark but before the Temple was built.

Anyway I came up with the following verses that unless I am mistaken do support what pilgrim posted that I did not agree with at the time.

I know there are some pretty sharp students of the Word here and was wondering how others might think of the following verses in support of the Tabernacle of David being in a tent by itself?

I feel that my first position was wrong but wonder how others would consider the following verses to support the fact that there were some who worshipped without the Ark while David had it pitched in a tent by itself

I would think that they would have had something to worship in front of before they got the Ark back but what about afterwards?

The verses in Ezekiel maybe refer to the temple though?

Doug

Psalm 69:22 
Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.

Isaiah 65:11 
But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number

Eze.23 39For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house.

40 And furthermore, that ye have sent for men to come from far, unto whom a messenger was sent; and, lo, they came: for whom thou didst wash thyself, paintedst thy eyes, and deckedst thyself with ornaments,

41 And satest upon a stately bed, and a table prepared before it, whereupon thou hast set mine incense and mine oil.

2010/11/30 11:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy