SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Prayer about prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DanielL

Sweden

Prayer about prayer

Praying.......the most wonderful and dreadful experience one can have. When I read about praying and agonizing in Gethsemane, it's like another world. I'm tired of the present state! How can anyone be content with and speak about strange manifestations when our neighbours are totally unaware of Christ and his mercy? I'm sick and tired of false healing, where is the real deal? When will we be able to put our hands on the sick, the poor and needy and say "in Jesus' name" and see God bring forth healing? When will we see Malaki 4:6 come through in our midst? Where is the Peace of the Lord, which sets my soul in flames? The Cross is the most efficient weapon to utterly destroy self, and lift up Christ and his blessed victory. Christ the intercessor, Christ the King, Jesus Christ-in the flesh-is The Lord of all Lords and The King of all kings. Teach me how to pray, Lord, before I perish.

2004/11/6 15:49Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Prayer about prayer

Quote:
"Praying.......the most wonderful and dreadful experience one can have. When I read about praying and agonizing in Gethsemane, it's like another world."

Quote:
"The Cross is the most efficient weapon to utterly destroy self, and lift up Christ and his blessed victory. Christ the intercessor, Christ the King, Jesus Christ-in the flesh-is The Lord of all Lords and The King of all kings. Teach me how to pray, Lord, before I perish. "

Oh, brother...Amen!
Oh kneel me down again, here at Your feet my Lord!

I am very touched these days by one song:

Oh kneel me down again, here at Your feet
Show me how much You love, humility.
Oh Spirit, be the stuff that leads me to,
The humble heart of love, I see in You.

You are the God of the broken, the friend of the weak.
You wash the feet of the weary, embrace the ones in need.
I want to be like You Jesus, to have this heart in me.
You are the God of the humble, You are the humble King.

2004/11/6 16:09Profile
DanielL

Sweden

Re:

In these days, the wickedness of man is out of bounds. The triune God is humble, just as the song says. God does not use organizing, He uses agonizing (to quote Ravenhill), and may it bring forth the brokeness.

Self will try to duplicate the works of The Spirit. My grandfather lived during world war II, and he told me about the conditions he lived under with his family. In Sweden the government printed coupons for groceries. You would get your share, according to the coupons. The coffee did not come from proper coffee beans, but from wheat or corn or some other source. Wasn't the real thing.

I guess you get the point. Why do we settle for less than Christ Himself? Do we despise His works on the cross? Let us seek Him and only Him, and we'll see some changes. No phony ministries, just plain men and women broken but raised in Christ. May Thy will be done, oh Lord!

2004/11/10 11:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy