SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 666

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

I came across this recently, and wondered if there are any others which you've happed across?

1 Kings 10:14
Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,

2010/11/29 12:28
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: 666

The Spirit drew me to that passage in Kings 10 in order to understand this passage in Revelation.

"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six." (Revelation 13:18)

Notice what happens in Kings 11.

"Solomon did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, and did not follow the LORD fully, as David his father had done." (1 Kings 11:6)

Perhaps we can gain some understanding into the nature of the Second Beast in order to guard ourselves.

"Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon." (Revelation 13:11)

2010/11/29 13:42Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

when you posted that verse alive to god, made me think of this verse...

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

2010/11/29 13:46Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
when you posted that verse alive to god, made me think of this verse...

and this verse

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Luke 16:13)

2010/11/29 13:49Profile
bobmcd510

You all talking about mans power and money (remember also that horns in the scripture represent power) remind me of an interpretation of the mark of the beast that I've heard:

666 - man's number is 6 (he was created on the 6th day), God's number is 3 (3 persons in the Godhead). 666 is an attempt by man to be God. In other words - the mark of the beast represents man's attempt to exalt himself to be in the position of God. Very similar to the tower of Babel.

2010/11/29 13:58Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: Characteristics of the Antichrist

Characteristics of the Antichrist - Zac Poonen

Series 1
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=05_05&year=08

Series 2
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=06_01&year=08

Series 3
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=06_02&year=08

2010/11/29 14:04Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Very similar to the tower of Babel.

He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. (Revelation 13:12)

This worship of the Beast would be Idolatry which is Spiritual Harlotry.

and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Revelation 17:5

The scriptures teach that there is a deep connection between love of Wealth and Idolatry.

Look at what happens to a very wealthy king who received 666 Talents of Gold and 700 wives.

For when Solomon was old, his wives turned his heart away after other gods; and his heart was not wholly devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been. (1 Kings 11:4)

2010/11/29 14:38Profile

It's interesting how you've all moved towards the dangers of gold, rather than its symbolism as a blessing from God.

I agree though, that the links all through scripture between gold and idolatry, and the link between idolatry and spiritual blindness, are unmistakable.

There is a reference later in 2 Kings, where the place on the Mount of Olives that Solomon sacrificed to other gods, is called 'the Mount of Corruption'.

2 Kings 23:1 And the king sent, and they gathered unto him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem. 2 And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD. {both...: Heb. from small even unto great} 3 And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all [their] heart and all [their] soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant. 4 And the king commanded Hilkiah the high priest, and the priests of the second order, and the keepers of the door, to bring forth out of the temple of the LORD all the vessels that were made for Baal, and for the grove, and for all the host of heaven: and he burned them without Jerusalem in the fields of Kidron, and carried the ashes of them unto Bethel... 13 And the high places that [were] before Jerusalem, which [were] on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile. {the mount...: that is, the mount of Olives}

The glorious Temple itself, had been polluted with idols. But, it is heartening to see that the king renews the covenant with God BEFORE the idols are removed.

Mark 11:16 And would not suffer that any man should carry [any] vessel through the temple.

How this speaks to me of the fallen mind, the head of the fallen body. The Mount of Olives is 200 ft higher than Jerusalem, which is build on Mount Zion and Mount Moriah. Three very symbolic 'heads', upon which God has poured much meaning through His word.

Olive oil is golden, and even more liquid than gold. It cannot be a co-incidence that God made it thus, to remind us of the wind that blows to and from, we know not where, accomplishing His will, and the water that rises up from the well of life, pouring streams of living water for those who would drink. God is a Spirit.

This wasn't what I had in mind when I posted, though. I was genuinely wondering if there are any other verses with the number so clearly marked out.

I found another interesting number from Solomon's reign.

2 Chronicles 2:17 And Solomon numbered all the strangers that [were] in the land of Israel, after the numbering wherewith David his father had numbered them; and they were found an hundred and fifty thousand and three thousand and six hundred.

2010/11/29 15:49
Lesserlight

Re:

Six is the number of man who is made up of three parts that are all at enmity with God

Those three parts are the body spirit and soul

Thus we see 666 as the body, soul and spirit of man who is at enmity with God

The total of adds up to 18 that was time of the affliction of the unclean woman who was bowed to the earth (her flesh) and we know that the woman is an allegory of Jerusalem aka the church

When man becomes one in body spirit and soul with God who is "1". Then man becomes 111 that has the total of 3 that is a number associated with the completion of God's work.

666 is the mark of the beast that when seen on the forehead and the hand is man with the mind of man and doing the works of man

666 is a man who is the beast without God that is the antichrist. The word anti translated means "in place of"

So if a person instead of having Christ in their heart has "man" in their heart in place of Christ who should be the one in their heart ......... they are living as the antichrist that is the "man of sin" sitting in the temple of God (us) where he ought not to be because Christ has paid in His blood for the right to be in the heart of man

When Jesus said "I go to prepare a place where we can be together" He has through the blessing of Pentecost come into the hearts of man to prepare it to be the place where Father and son (us) can live together.

I know it is commonly taught that Christ wen to remodel heaven and build us mansions however the heavens were made just fine before man was ever created.

We are his building but we have to figure out is are we willing to do what it takes to be a "mansion" in heaven like the prophets and Apostles are?

Or are we content to just be a one room bungalow in heaven

Doug

2010/11/29 16:22Profile

Re:

Interesting info about 666.

http://www.biblewheel.com/gr/GR_666.asp

Six and Thirteen
666 in Creation
666 in the Garden
666 and Labour under the Sun
666 and Satan's Pride
666 and Holiness