SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christmas is evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Excuse me while I go and put the star on my tree.

LOL, Oh I love your liberty Brother.

O Star of wonder, star of night
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to thy Perfect Light

2010/11/29 22:28
EverestoSama

Re:

By the way, welcome, Approved. Good to have you here.

2010/11/29 22:32Profile
MaryJane

Re:

For some to take part in the observing of
Christmas is a real struggle. They are not grinches,
tight wads or out to ruin any ones good time they
Just want to walk in the convictions the Lord
has placed on their heart. Honestly just trying to
find a church or body of believers to fellowship
With can be very disheartening, so many getting
caught up in the traditions and holiday makes it all
the harder. Of course each must walk in what the
Lord places on their heart but for many reasons
This time of year can be a struggle.

God bless
Mj

2010/11/29 22:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
This time of year can be a struggle.

I agree. I was told that this is the most loneliest time of the year. And I know what that is like. I too have felt that on Christmas Eve especially. I was able to overcome it. As for being a tightwad, what I meant by that was not about money, rather it was about being angry and letting everyone know that you hate this time of year. My Dad did that, he wanted everyone to be miserable. Told us it had pagan origins and I was caught up in that for awhile, but all it did was make me angry like him. I had to depart from that. I personally don't go all hog over it, in fact I hardly put anything up in my apartment, I just enjoy the fact that everyone else has.

I love seeing lights on houses and trees, and seeing the bustling of peoples going to and fro. And I am thankful that we live in a country where Christian and non Christians give abundantly so that others who are less unfortunate can have a turkey on their tables this and every Christmas.

And we will all pray for you Maryjane that your struggles will be lessened this holiday season.

How about it everyone?

2010/11/29 22:59

Re:

I'm just thankful we still call it christmas and not.

Gift Day or something like that.

2010/11/29 23:05
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I'm thinking about making a sausage and onion pizza tonight... or maybe get some tacos at Taco Bell. Not to sure which way I should go, but it is raining our and cold, so pizza in a warm house is sounding better and better.

Pizza it is!

2010/11/29 23:06Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

I think it's safe to say pizza should always win over taco bell. ;P

2010/11/29 23:37Profile

Re:

MaryJane, I am sorry but often we are the cause of many of our own struggles. And often we take upon ourselves false burdens and convictions. In my fellowship, we have people from many backgrounds that have learned to love each other and been delivered from many false burdens and convictions.

We have reformed people, bible church people, pentecostals, lutherans and even from a cult (oh my), the Local Church of Witness Lee. We have chinese, indians (india) and Americans. I love it that the Indians and Chinese like to celebrate Christmas with us and they enjoy it, too. It's about being together and enjoying the Lord with each other.

They have all been set free to enjoy the liberty of Christ and love each other. None of them do anything that brings reproach upon the Lord.

Hi Approved, you think I have liberty? Look at Jesus in the Gospels. He completely and totally annoyed the Pharisees with His liberty. His goal was not to annoy anyone though and ours should not be either. His goal was only to please His Father. And we only want to love the Lord.

And the Lord just loves hanging out with us, regardless of our race, culture, language, family tradition, cultural traditions, or whatever.

Some of you have not travelled outside of the U.S. I have been fortunate to have travelled to over 25 countries. Christians in many countries retain family and cultural traditions that are good and wholesome and family oriented and that do not offend God. And guess what, these traditions are not in the BIBLE.

2010/11/29 23:38
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

pilgrim777, you wrote, "MaryJane, I am sorry but often we are the cause of many of our own struggles. And often we take upon ourselves false burdens and convictions."

Please reread what you wrote and I hope you will see how it could be read as judgmental towards the only poster on this thread that expressed consideration for the feelings of a non-celebrater of the world holiday called Christmas.

MaryJane is a good person and does not deserve to be accused to taking upon herself false burdens,
white stone

2010/11/30 1:28Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

To all posters (except MaryJane),

Many harsh phrases have been posted against anyone who would dare to speak against the worldly celebration called Christmas. Were they necessary to express your views?

Defending this holiday is not the fight to which we are called.

Twinkling lights do not draw souls to the Lord Jesus Christ. They draw our eyes from the target.

2010/11/30 1:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy